Is It Ok For A Sikh Male To Marry A Non-Sikh, But Not A Sikh Female To Do Vice Versa?

SSD

but as u said above somewhere gursikh should marry only gursikh... so wasn't that beadbi? I m askin this bcz my father often sends me Gujrati rishte where Girls seem to be interested in marrying with sardar but my heart does not allow me to accept those girls bcz i find it beadbi if i have to go through anand karaz...

Veer ji

I'm not being funny but they are all Hindu girls aren't there enough good sikh girls out there to choose from ? It's different if you said you wanted to be in a full on gursikh marriage to them and they agreed to become that but my own feeling is they wouldn't , but expect you to go through their rituals and culture , my friends (other mothers in neighbourhood) have done this and they are Gujrati married in Sikh households.

OK in my life something happened beyond my control which made me due for pesh ... so I wasn't doing beadbhi as I did ardas for resolution one way or the other and waited two years before Anand Karaj I entered Anand Karaj with full intention to live as a GurSikh, but as my husband hasn't got there yet I support him and my kids in their journey and do my best to progress also ,my faith in Guru ji is complete and I KNOW that special time will come in our lives soon.

i am not saying anything against you neither against your hubby .. even i am happy to see you brought someone to the rich heritage of sikhi unlike other sikh girls who seem to be desperate to marry non sikhs for their personal happiness .. i m just trying to ask ,was not that beadbi if you being amritdhari u married a guy who is not amritdhari? bcz i read your posts .. i feel you knew/know everything what is beadbi or what is not beadbi....but still u could not follow your own rehit properly... ...

Veer ji

I'm not being funny but they are all Hindu girls aren't there enough good sikh girls out there to choose from ? It's different if you said you wanted to be in a full on gursikh marriage to them and they agreed to become that but my own feeling is they wouldn't , but expect you to go through their rituals and culture , my friends (other mothers in neighbourhood) have done this and they are Gujrati married in Sikh households.

i told you about my father's opinion.. "He says business man's son should marry a business man's daughter then he gives me some examples of those families where sikhi bloomed more when someone non sikh girl came to sikhi .... .. if i look around myself non sikh girls married keshdhari guys are giving a good example of how a sikh woman should be ...but when it comes to me i still doubt.. and say No.. I would not.. My opinion is marry a woman who embraces sikhi .. does not matter to me if her background is not a sikh background....another thing i will be baptizing soon .. so obviously i don't want any beadbi at the time of marriage ..bcz i got it later being Gursikh you should marry a gursikh only...... and the questions? I really don't like to raise against our Gurus....

i am not saying anything against you neither against your hubby .. even i am happy to see you brought someone to the rich heritage of sikhi unlike other sikh girls who seem to be desperate to marry non sikhs for their personal happiness .. i m just trying to ask ,was not that beadbi if you being amritdhari u married a guy who is not amritdhari? bcz i read your posts .. i feel you knew/know everything what is beadbi or what is not beadbi....but still u could not follow your own rehit properly... ...

Veer ji,

I waited , I broke up with him even on the say so of my parents, I told him I would never love him as much as my Guru, I laid it all out ,but his love of what made me ,me i.e. my sikhi was too strong. He approached my parents to ask for my hand and they laid down conditions, my Dad even consulted with Chardikala singhs in India , sant da bachan was my husband will becoe a gursikh thus I did have Anand Karaj and that was the only ceremony we had apart from civil wedding in Gurdwara Sahib same day, it was , is and will always be honoured by us both. Even so, I was so fearful of the possible beadbhi but we both gave our solemn promises to live our lives gurmat anusar and raise Gursikh children and we have never wavered from that , the guruvak from the wedding was " bure bhale hum thare" and that is how we feel . I know I am guilty of many things but I live in the hope that I can regain Guru ji's favour

i told you about my father's opinion.. "He says business man's son should marry a business man's daughter then he gives me some examples of those families where sikhi bloomed more when someone non sikh girl came to sikhi .... .. if i look around myself non sikh girls married keshdhari guys are giving a good example of how a sikh woman should be ...but when it comes to me i still doubt.. and say No.. I would not.. My opinion is marry a woman who embraces sikhi .. does not matter to me if her background is not a sikh background....another thing i will be baptizing soon .. so obviously i don't want any beadbi at the time of marriage ..bcz i got it later being Gursikh you should marry a gursikh only...... and the questions? I really don't like to raise against our Gurus....

Duniya vale Dad has his opinions that meet with his ideas of how the world works , but Guru Pita has given us the whole perspective for this world and the next . Given what I know about my situation I would have made sure that we were both full on gursikhs before Anand Karaj as it would have saved on so many instances of outside interference by inlaws and helped produce a united front to the outside world. To get married a lot of girls and boys say a lot of things they don't really feel deeply in their heart

Duniya vale Dad has his opinions that meet with his ideas of how the world works , but Guru Pita has given us the whole perspective for this world and the next . Given what I know about my situation I would have made sure that we were both full on gursikhs before Anand Karaj as it would have saved on so many instances of outside interference by inlaws and helped produce a united front to the outside world. To get married a lot of girls and boys say a lot of things they don't really feel deeply in their heart

lol. i don't know oh kedhe waala dad ha.. anyways thanks.. still some doubts could not get clear cut answer but helped me somehow... Thanks again :)