The British Sikh School Will Open Its Doors In September 2015

singhbj singh

The British Sikh School, Wolverhampton, west Midlands

secondary (ages 11 to 19), 840 places

The British Sikh School will open its doors in September 2015 for 840 pupils between the ages of 11 and 19 in the Blakenhall area of Wolverhampton. This faith ethos school will be based on Sikh principles but will be equally welcoming to all children regardless of their faith. The school will offer a rich and varied curriculum including English, maths, science and technology at its core but will also provide an extensive range of vocational courses from engineering, media studies, through to health and social care to meet the demands of local employers.

Source - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/35-new-free-schools-providing-more-than-22000-places-announced

• 8 months later...

WJKK WJKF

With Maharaj Ji's Kirpa I am very pleased to say that we have been welcomed with open arms at The British Sikh School. Although my son's needs cannot be met in the current provision we are in the process of developing a Special Unit ready for September 2016.

This would accommodate a maximum of six students encompassing an ABA teaching method. The focus would be on communication, social and functional skills with additional therapies.

The age group would range from 11-16 years of age. If you are interested or can offer any support please do get in touch.

WJKK WJKF

sorry for being cynical but what is the syllabus of this school. what books are going to be used for teaching sikhi, because im sure the school is probably going to be teaching just basic sikhi 101 there not going to be teaching santhia, kirtan, purtan granths, simran

please someone enlighten me are they going to teach what i mentioned above or basic knowledge

Guest Jacfsing2

sorry for being cynical but what is the syllabus of this school. what books are going to be used for teaching sikhi, because im sure the school is probably going to be teaching just basic sikhi 101 there not going to be teaching santhia, kirtan, purtan granths, simran

please someone enlighten me are they going to teach what i mentioned above or basic knowledge

This is just a school with a Sikh theme I assume, it's not going to be anywhere near Baru Sahib.

i hope someone understands the point im trying to make. if its a sikh school should there not be santhia , kirtan, simran and sikh history. whats the point in having a school called sikh school if its in name only

other religions have done a great job of using these schools to teach there religion and what they stand for to there young people. meanwhile we get a school to teach sikhi but its probably going to end up as a secular school

i remember on one of the sikh channel shows, the presenter went to a sgpc school to ask sikhi related questions to all girl sikh school run by sgpc. when he asked a sikhi related question in class to a gir, she looked confused, so he asked dont you have divinity classes in this sikh school she said no. you should have seen his face

im cynical but hope they will teach gurmat