The Evil That Is Bollywood

Big_Tera

The 1984 and panthic films are fine... But I feel when it comes to promoting Sikhi we should focus more on parchar rather than movies because films on bollywood pollywood or even hollywood are just shallow money making means...

You are right paji, but not everybody will come across a parchar environment. Media is the most effective way to get awareness across to bigger audience. Eg: youngsters are attracted to media more. News information everything through media has more response as it's on bigger scale.

You are right paji, but not everybody will come across a parchar environment. Media is the most effective way to get awareness across to bigger audience. Eg: youngsters are attracted to media more. News information everything through media has more response as it's on bigger scale.

WJKK WJKF

Yea totally agree, media like films can be used in a progressive manner and reach were the gurdwaras can't. It's like that cartoon, "Bhai Taru Singh" was really really good. Disney (in India) animated "Arjun, The warrior prince" and it was amazing. If something was done like that using history of the Sikhs it would be amazing.

Sikh roles, so they say, have been played by actors, but Sikhi has not been portrayed. There is no Sikh way of life shown, that's such a big shame on Bollywood. It's like they show only a certain type of look. That's not Sikh exactly. We need movies which shows Sikhs, not nearly Sikh look, with storylines on only love shove.

I grew up watching these movies, no wonder me and youngsters know nothing about Sikhi, coz there is nothing in mainstream media.