I Have Messed Up My Life Very Bad. I Am Mentally Weird.

SinghGS

- Hardly anyone is practicing truth in this age, most people are attached to pain/hell, hence its kalyug. Your negative thoughts dont help.

Why not be the one to get up and practice truth- some of the greatest sinners became bhagats- Ganika was a prostitute- Sajjan Thug was a serial killer who Tried To Kill Guru Nanak-then ended up falling at his feet in love. If they can do it, so can u, its not difficult, our egos just tekl us it is. Its really just about True unconditional Love- n thats our natural state.

Excercise is hard, but u need to.do it- and eat well. But Spirituality is easy.

Thanks hsingh8963. That was a good video.

I feel I am spiritually weak. I am always thinking bad. I am always thinking of doing bad more than thinking of doing good. I don't do bad but it is a waste thinking bad isn't it. Also, if I am honest, something inside me doesn't want to follow truth. It feels like I will lose something. I know it's my ego but it is so strong. I want to be inspired to break free. My mind doesn't really get inspired.

Its like that with everyone, you will feel lost even sometimes, you have to just keep your rehit do ardas, keep good sangat, You will get better... I also recommend you add Dasam bani to your nitnem if you haven't already haven't, stuff like Chandi Di Vaar, ShastarNaam Mala, stuff like that, this will make you stronger, and feel better! :)

I will make sure I get up tomorrow. Just wish I had the same motivation every day.

Consistency is the key to everything in life.

What you do on a daily basis makes a huge difference to where you end up. An example of this is when I was living on my own I had a poor diet, eventually it started making me feel crap and contributed to me getting into a depressive phase and getting lazy. Then I'd slack off work and get stressed and when that started piling up I'd get more depressed.

I clawed myself out of it a few years back, but I still have to remind myself to keep a positive mentally. Main thing that helps me is recognising that I'm an immortal being living for a limited time in this mortal body and at my age I don't have time to waste being depressed, it's time to live, learn, help and teach.

But SinghGS I recommend drinking lots of water before going to bed so when your alarm goes off you have to get up to use the restroom. Along with Ardas that is the best method to get up during Amritvehla :biggrin2:

hahah, that made me laugh! But a good idea though ;)

Two nights ago I had gotten up but was about to go back to sleep then in my mind I remembered Guru Gobind Singh Ji still did amrit vela whilst being chased by Mughals that thought managed to get me up ... Once the cold water hit I was awake. Lol

Dhan waheguru ji!

Beautiful, if we keep these kurbaniya in mind we could sail through kalyug

Thanks hsingh8963. That was a good video.

I feel I am spiritually weak. I am always thinking bad. I am always thinking of doing bad more than thinking of doing good. I don't do bad but it is a waste thinking bad isn't it. Also, if I am honest, something inside me doesn't want to follow truth. It feels like I will lose something. I know it's my ego but it is so strong. I want to be inspired to break free. My mind doesn't really get inspired.

That's true, we usually waste most of our time thinking badly, BUT hey you don't have to think of it in a negative way, be happy thinking "wahoo I didn't give into the bad thought" :D

An idea just popped into my head, do this, every time you think of something bad make a note of and then underneath write a little thank you to baba ji, in other words what you'll end up doing is adding positivity to negativity – even in bad you'll be doing good which will be saying thank you to waheguru ji! :) By thanking waheguru ji you’ll feel positive about yourself too- you’ll feel like you've achieved something with the grace of God.

However please don’t misunderstand what I’m saying, I am NOT justifying bad thinking, what I’m trying to say is that slowly slowly try exchanging bad thoughts with good. You’ll eventually begin to control your mind from thinking bad by thanking Maharaj ji. Fir maharaj ji nu appi tuhadi raakhi(protection) karni peni a :respect: from all bad as you’ve followed his teaching of ‘Je sukh deh ta tujhe aradhi dukh bhi tujhai dhai’ – thanking waheguru ji in both times of good and bad!

Actually, talking about this reminds me of the saakhi of Bhai Bhoomia ji who believed that the influences of Bad deeds could be washed away by good deeds- Bhai Bhoomia ji was a rich robber who declared that every peer/fakhir/saint who came into the village must come rest and have food at his house. :nono: Nobody else in the village was allowed to serve them, the people in this village were very upset as Bhai bhoomia ji did not only loot their houses but their opportunity to do good deeds. So when Guru Nanak Dev ji went to this village, Guru ji refused to rest or eat at Bhai Bhoomia jis house.

Bhai Bhoomia ji was very confused and went to Guru ji to ask why? Guru ji smiled and asked him about his profession.

Although Bhai Bhoomia ji was worried thinking about what to say, he didn't lie and told Guru ji the truth, that he loots people in the day and commits burglaries at night. He also tried to justify it by saying that although my profession is bad, i use the money for a good cause - running a free kitchen for holy people.

Even though Guru ji disagreed with what Bhai Bhoomia ji’s profession, his truth telling impressed Guru ji. Guru ji was merciful and explained that good fruits cannot come from bad seeds.... (The saakhi goes on… but ill have to put a pause here as I’ve explained my point :lol: )

Just remember we don’t want to make the same mistake like Bhai Bhoomia ji and do good just to cover up our bad doing/thinking. We want to do good so that we have fruit (happiness/peace) from it. Don’t try covering up or making excuses for yourself, just admit that what your thinking was and at the same time thank Guru ji that he gave you the strength to not give in. I remember hearing bachan from Mahapursh, they said that ‘if your mind leaves you with no choice and doesn’t stop thinking bad, the least you can do is make the right choice by not giving it the weapons to carry out the bad thinking. I.e. the weapon being your hands to steal or eyes to look at bad etc :biggrin2:

Also another thing, always remind yourself that the worldly pleasure will only make you feel good for a few minutes or just for that moment and later on it'll just feel like a waste where as the path of our beloved Guru ji will make us feel peace now and forever! Its like at that moemnt doing teh wordlything seems to be the funnest/best option but later as so on as that phase of a few minutes/hours pass you'll yourself think back and say 'it wasn't all that, i'm better off without it..' :waheguru:

I know i've gone on abit in this post but i still hope it helps you, bhul chuk maaf ji

Thanks alot for your replies. The voluntary work that i currently do is at the Nishkam Centre by Soho Road Gurdwara. Babaji from Soho Rd gurdwara is the chairman of the centre. I am currently responsible for the centre's website. I also go to paath classes at the gurdwara and tabla classes there. I have promised myself that my sangat is only ever going to be good company or none at all.Hopefully my destiny will be good.

I just thought to myself why am i choosing dukh over sukh. I don't know.

Thanks alot for your replies. The voluntary work that i currently do is at the Nishkam Centre by Soho Road Gurdwara. Babaji from Soho Rd gurdwara is the chairman of the centre. I am currently responsible for the centre's website. I also go to paath classes at the gurdwara and tabla classes there. I have promised myself that my sangat is only ever going to be good company or none at all.Hopefully my destiny will be good.

I just thought to myself why am i choosing dukh over sukh. I don't know.

well done veere!

very happy for you :)

Hello everyone,

I have stopped getting up at amritvela. Its been a while. I don't even know what I'm doing daily in my life. When I have to move forward, i.e. apply for a job - like today I just bottle out. I have always been gutless. I'm a loser. I can't believe how bad I am. My soul feels in dukh. My mind is always thinking weirdly. I want a life. I haven't got one. OK, I've got a family and stuff but I am unhappy inside. I am a born loser sadly. I wish I weren't who I am. I feel rubbish. Like a nobody. Everyone else in my family is happy - I think. They have lives. They've made something of themselves. I can't lift my self up. I don't think I am strong enough to break free. I don't know what's wrong with me. I've been a coward all my life. It's really sad. How do people do it. I'm a loser, a sinner. How can I move forward - it feel's intimidating and like a lot of work. I want to be a winner - i.e meet God at the end of my life. I just wish I was a Sikh that succeeded in life and - I just want to be happy and make everyone else happy. Deep down I wish everything was perfect - I do stupid things. I look at bad stuff now and then. It's like physically I can't get it together. I could never handle the real world. I'm a coward. One moment I'm thinking I want to meet God. The next minute I'm thinking of looking at bad stuff.

Stop complaining man.

How long will you go on like this?

You have had the support of all of us, then one moment you say you are going to improve at other moment you say you are a loser....

You see, nobody is forcing you for anything...rather everybody is supporting you.

You have to peep deep within you, and help yourself. Because unless you do no not help yourself, nobody´s words can ever have an positive effect on you...

If you really want to be determined and stop watching bad stuff, either put a picture of Guru Jee on top of the Pc or the Laptop you have.

So as soon as you see you Guru Jee, you will remind yourself,that He is watching you, so you wil not have the guts to do any bad karma ...

And the second option is, break and throw away all the cds, dvds, PC or the laptop even, so that the means for doing bad karma is thrown away....

Something like that happened with me, and I threw away all the bad stuff, since then I became lighter.

If you want your house to be clean and smell good, first of all throw all the waste, (which causes bad odour, or foul smell) out of your house, then put some flowers(cultivate the virtue of His Simran), and you will see in due time, how all your house(self) starts (smelling) feeling good...

But once again, all this we have told you, it is up to you to change yourself ...stop feeling guilty, and pitying yourself, just love yourself a little bit by accepting yourself as you are, with your ups and downs...

Come on man, nobody is perfect here.

So, if you can not do any good, at least refrain yourself from doing anything bad. Take one step...then other ...then other slowly.

But if you always complain, there are stones, the road is long, there is much sunlight, it is raining, and such excuses, you will never learn to walk and run....

Just walk as you see others doing, If it was not so, Wahiguru would have never given you legs...

If He has blessed you with human birth, surely He knows you can overcome all difficulties, you just do not give up...nobody is putting any gun on your head to make you do anything wrong...

Hope next time we all hear you being proud of yourself, which will automatically make us proud of you.....

Sat Sree Akal.