I Have Messed Up My Life Very Bad. I Am Mentally Weird.

SinghGS

Thanks for the video. I think to evoke god's love is a good reason to get up at amrit vela. I wanted to ask, what is the significance of having a mahapursh's darshan? Why are sikhs told to have the darshan of a mahapursh/ keep having darshans of a mahapursh?

Some people feel that if they attend diwans or make a journey to see some mahaursh...that their sins will be forgiven and that all the 'sukh' in the world will manifest. ?

From what we know about washing your mind starting at amrit vela with HIS simran.... the only person that can wash your mind is the 'antarjami' (inner-knower) within you and your own efforts.

Yes ,being in the company of high avastha gurmukhs... gurbani says that fragrance of sandalwood(chandan) spreads and permeates the nearby trees... But a nearby tree is there for good and associates with the chandan for much longer than a moments darshan..

Taking the long term refuge of sadh sangat is for sure going to have a more positive impact than a few moments here and there.

We are manmukhs and there are also plenty of ultimate manmukhs... that repeatedly sin, do nindya, rip people off in business..etc... and they keep repeating this and then going to shrines to bathe, having darshan..etc... ....I hope you understand that this is NOT gurmat.

Talking about darshan,,, the real darshan is the satguru.

The satguru that is the living guru right here and right now....the SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI !

Many of us sikhs foolishly ignore this deep within our minds.

Some of us attend some diwan to get some darshan and gyan from some sant ji... and in our minds we put Sri Guru saroop to one side and show internal igorance.... we do this without even realising !

Get the darshan,do ardas, plead, love the Sri Guru Granth sahib satguru saroop as often and as much as you can.

Then,, if by his kirpa any more darshan are to follow of akaal purakh jyot..... then they will by his grace.

I am on track. I need motivation to do all of my nitnem though (5 morning bania). Can somebody post something so that we can all be inspired to do full amritvela?

I don't keep full rehat and I need inspiration to do so (all 7 bania and ardas). I don't have motivation to do ardas daily.

When I read bani my concentration is not right. I read it but I don't think I take it in.

Any helpful words for me and others anyone?

You reminded me of a sakhi about Baba Harnaam singh ji, Baba ji use to do a lot of path apart from Jaap sahib because they use to find it a bit difficult to do by heart! Every day Baba ji use to do Ardas to have dharshan of Sache paatshah Guru Gobind Singh ji.

So one day when they were doing bhagti in their hut, a shaheed singh came and knocked on their door telling that Guru Gobind Singh ji has come to see them. Baba ji got very happy as from a distance they saw Guru sahib on a horse riding toward the hut. Guru Sahib came to the hut and looked at Baba ji and then went away.

Baba Harnaam Singh ji was in tears. The shaheed Singh asked Baba ji 'why are not crying, Guru ji has fulfilled your ardas and given you darshan'

Baba ji replied ' I have been longing for this moment for so long but whenever I imagined it to happened I thought about Guru Sahib doing Bachan with me. My Guru has come and not even said one word to me!" The Shaheed singh saw baba ji and said that he'd go and ask why.

After a while the shaheed singh came back and told baba ji "Guru ji said he didn't speak to you because you do not do the full nitnem. as you miss out Jaap sahib"

From that day on Baba ji did his full nitnem including jaap sahib alongside his extra naam simran.

I hope this motivates you and shows you that every baani in the nitnem is essential hence that why its called nit- everyday, nem- routine. Also always remember you will only be rewarded according to what you've earned so if you haven't done your full nitnem you won't get the full reward!

so come on veerey you can do it! :)

It is very hard to overcome kaam krodb lobh moh hankar... The thing that works is self control... Its not going to be easy... The hardest thing to do in this world infact to overcome the thieves... Self control my friend it gets easy as time goes on. I recommend you do as many as chaupai sahib paths as you can a day... This will certainly help protect you from the 5 thieves. Keep yourself occupird at times... Listen to bani kirtan and katha dont let the mind wander. There are more recommendations posted on the pinned thread on the Whats happening section..

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/75538-combating-kaam-krodh-lobh-moh-ahankar/?view=getnewpost

Hello,

Thanks for that bhenji.

Two days ago, I looked at bad stuff again. Maybe I don't respect GuruJi enough. What should I do?

Do ardas and ask for forgiveness! Always remember that waheguru ji is benevolent, he doesn’t judge you based on your past sins. What’s happened has happened, what waheguru ji is interested in is what you do next! :)

However don’t misinterpret what I’m saying and think that okay, you also need to bare in mind that a mistake done by mistake is forgivable but when you make mistakes knowing that you are doing wrong that is paap meaning you will probably have to suffer consequences.

Why don’t you put some sort of safety lock on your Internet like they have at school so anything that contains such content will not be allowed? That should hopefully help solve that issue!

We can never respect Guru ji enough, you may be thinking that you don’t respect Guru ji but the fact that you’ve thought and mentioned it shows that you do! Everything springs off from the seed of thought, if you think good things you will do good things.

Remember Guru ji is always with you so when you think about doing something consider what Guru ji will feel like whilst sitting next you or standing by your side! :waheguru:

Two days ago, I looked at bad stuff again. Maybe I don't respect GuruJi enough. What should I do?

Dear SinghGS,

our main enemy is the mind, so, in my humble opinion, we should at all times take shelter of the Bani, to overcome all our weaknesses by victory over them.

And as Sachay Patshah Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj tells us in Raag Saarang, do only faithfully Naam Simran.

You may ask why, only that?

For that question, let us see what does Guru Jee is telling us in the following words:

jap tap sanjam karam sukh saaDhan tul na kachhoo-ai laahi.
Chanting, deep meditation, austere self-discipline, good deeds and other techniques to being peace -

they are not equal to even a tiny bit of the Lord's Name.

So you see, if nothing is equal to even a tiny bit of His Name, then why not assure sucess once and forever, by doing the right type of bhakti as instructed by Sachay Patshah Guru Arjun Dev....

And, if we have even 1 gramme of common sense, let us do what Satguru Jee is telling us, let us stop doing what others say by mouth or hearings; because in spiritual matters, only beings of the highest level like our Guru Sahibans are to be paid attention, in that lies our sole benefit.

Sat Sree Akal.

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone is well. I have been well. Something in me try's to avoid doing God's will. It might be fear. I think it is. How can this be overcome?

Veer ji,

it is just your mann squirming because it knows its power over you is waning/lessening just stick to what is working for you...amritvela, bani, nam jap ...all will be well

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh