• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive upped my butter/ghee intake a lot recently and my energy and even memory have increased dramatically. i should add that im pretty skinny. i put it in my smoothies or in tea sometimes. love it. tha

ghee is the best

Raw veganism is amazing ....

I am training hard in the gym (powerlifting ) so peanuts are an excellent source of dense calories

BTW the reason I went vegan was primarily animals however the health benefits were just incredible.

have you tried hemp all the aminos you need plus omegas ?

I use coconut milk occasionally but for my smoothies I just use water.

My favorite smoothy is organic kale and wild blueberry blend - so nourishing, yummy and fulfilling.

Sorry I meant that are not nut based wrote it wrong. Is kale gud for health, better than broccoli?

Sorry I meant that are not nut based wrote it wrong. Is kale gud for health, better than broccoli?

Kale is really great for your health , if you can try to get broccoli sprouts they will be as good and easier to eat more of, as they are most nutrient dense than grown up plants, I tend to use tenderstem broccoli raw in salads , my tip is trim base and rinse then soak in cold water the broccoli will take on a bit of water and become a bit more tender to eat when cut up .

Rice milk is ok a bit sweet but can get unsweetened also oat milk

• Like 1

Kale is really great for your health , if you can try to get broccoli sprouts they will be as good and easier to eat more of, as they are most nutrient dense than grown up plants, I tend to use tenderstem broccoli raw in salads , my tip is trim base and rinse then soak in cold water the broccoli will take on a bit of water and become a bit more tender to eat when cut up .Rice milk is ok a bit sweet but can get unsweetened also oat milk

Thanku penji, will find some kale recipes, not sure how to cook it. Also broccoli sprouts can they be cooked?

Hm rice milk never heard of that one will try it, and oat milk.

Thanku penji, will find some kale recipes, not sure how to cook it. Also broccoli sprouts can they be cooked?

Hm rice milk never heard of that one will try it, and oat milk.

can cut kale in fine shreds for salads, but my kids fave is stir fried with soy sauce, onions, ginger, chilli, garlic and a bit of orange juice (becomes a little sweet and sour) can mix into cooked pasta , usually they eat the greens first then the pasta (usually unhappy if they don't get lots of greens in their plate).

p.s. you can cook broccoli same way

Ghee is atherogenic - best stick to a low fat diet rich in vegetables. In our Punjabi culture ghee is special because it is a holy food and because of the myths surrounding its effects on wellbeing. If you eat lots of it you do bulk up - naturally you get fat. However many of the older generation dropped dead from heart attacks in their 70s prematurely despite a life of hard graft, working the land (hal/ bel style of working the land, not the John Dere tractor type of working the land). We all know older generation folks that are nearly centurians and go on about how they downed buckets of ghee. My grandad was the same - cups of ghee, bate of prashad, kurli of desi - all in a days work. Fact is some individuals are genetically blessed. I recently saw through a care episode of the final days of one of oldest patients at the age of 102yrs old before she died. Until a few years ago she was a forty a day cigarette smoker since her teens and enjoyed a glass of sherry a day, brought 14 kids into this world and never became ill in her life until she fractured a hip and ended up in a care home when she was 94. Good for her, but certainly does not inspire me to take up the cigs and sherry. Similarly I'm not going to max out on butter or ghee.

• Like 1

i had constant neck popping cracking pain and stiffness in shoulders......its been 3/4 months now i have been consuming Ramdevs Ghee 1spoon in morning food and again at night and hey pristo my neck pain has gone and shoulders aswell...my tisssue under skin feels softer aswell