Darbar Hall Seperation

hsingh8963

Although there may not be any requirement for separation however even in my mothers pind and fathers both men and women sit separately. I during big Programs I have seen and sat as a family due to the huge amount of people. In the west and possibly locally in Punjab I feel it's better reason being: unfortunately you will get disrespectful boys and girls who will use this opportunity for God knows what. I remember 8 or 9 years ago during a youth program a couple who liked each other and were getting in to Sikhi and during simran program whilst the lights were out the two were sitting next to each other and were caught holding hands. You will get this all day long if you think it's better and then it's a downward spiral. Secondly if you listen to Bh Manmohan singhs Talk he mentioned recently said that these groomers have been caught discussing that it's ok to go to a gurdwaras langur hall and sit there looking for your next victim. Can you imagine if we allowed mix sitting upstairs. Vaaheguru

Seperate sitting is better for so many reasons.

I just got back from the gurdwara, it was like a circus - children running around and shouting in the darbar hall, people busy greeting and hugging each other with their back to Guruji, doing metha tek and going straight down to langar. phones going off, why are people so disrespectful - they have all week to chat and spend time with relatives, why bother coming to gurdwara if they can't put their own needs aside to respect our Guru. there's a lot of ignorance and I'm shocked how people behave in the gurdwara, unless you're very enlightened person - these petty behaviours can affect others and puts me off going especially when there's big celebrations - the gorah that were there showed more respect then our own people. Does anyone know if people behave in India like this or is it just the UK?

Seems you were at the same Gurdwara as me, i had to tell people in the sangat to be quite, whilst Rehras sahib ji paath was being recited and the most annoying thing was members of the committee said nothing and they were sat their too ! But i am probably an extremist now !

It gave me no pleasure in telling others to be quite actually the opposite, i just cant see the point of coming into the darbar sahib if you want to talk and these were men chatting all to often we blame the ladies having said that the other week at another Gurdwara two old ladies were rattling away and i find it worse the further back you sit.