Is Training With Weapons Beadbi?

ShasterSingh

anyone can train with their shastar , but the literal meaning of kirpan means

Kirpa + aan

mercy+ dignity

it is only taken out for that

thats why i guess some people are saying it shouldnt be taken out like that, and yes you ask any bajur here they will say the same in india , no its not a fantasy

you want to train , take a blunt object of similar size to train first

even maharaja ranjit singh's kirpan never was with drawn to fight

it was used as a shield

WJKK WJKF

I understand your point, obviously there are different stages of training which have to be undertaken for every martial student and yes using something other than a talwar/Kirpan before one is capable of handling the weapon. However, the Kirpan should not be limited from training and simply sit in its scabbard.

I understand the concept of the shakti of akaal within the shastar, it should be respected and practised.

Brahmanvaad fairy tales. Train with the shastar you carry it is not a just a symbol. As for what happens if your kakkar fall on the ground ... Is that even a serious comment ? Say for example you ever need to use your kirpan and you get disarmed your kirpan ends up on the ground.. It's a very common combat scenario..what do you do ? Start crying because your hurt one of your kakkars is on the ground...

Also you have to periodically remove shastaars from their sheaths for cleaning and maintenance purposes.

Brahmanvaad fairy tales. Train with the shastar you carry it is not a just a symbol. As for what happens if your kakkar fall on the ground ... Is that even a serious comment ? Say for example you ever need to use your kirpan and you get disarmed your kirpan ends up on the ground.. It's a very common combat scenario..what do you do ? Start crying because your hurt one of your kakkars is on the ground...

Also you have to periodically remove shastaars from their sheaths for cleaning and maintenance purposes.

If you don't care how Kakkars are respected, throw your Kakkars somewhere, you most likely won't because you know what is right and what is wrong.

I will admit that calling it "playing" was not the best term, I apologize. But did I personally do Nindak of you or anyone else? There is a respectful way to state your opinion rather than being an "internet warrior", I was just stating a fact, I personally believe the Khalsa should train with all the weapons in the world, but let's say your Kirpan for some reason falls to the floor,(it's no longer on you, so technically you would have to be forgiven for that). I also approve of not dropping the Kangha on the floor.

Veer ji, you make a very good point. I was too stupid to realise that it could fall, but to fix this problem can i wear a 'substitute' training kirpaan while I am training with my actual kirpaan that I wear normally?

Veer ji, you make a very good point. I was too stupid to realise that it could fall, but to fix this problem can i wear a 'substitute' training kirpaan while I am training with my actual kirpaan that I wear normally?

I would support wearing 2,

Guest dasguruka

I was trying to find the video on youtube but I can't atm.

Its Sang Kartar Singh ji bhindranwale mahaurakh explaining that one morning after ishnaan Sang Gurbachan Singh ji bhindranwale wad handing him the kirpaan that he wore normally. Sant Kartar Singh ji was handing his ishnaan vali Siri Sahib with 1 hand and receiving his other Siri Sahib to wear during the day.

His timing came to be a bit off and he did not have a Siri Sahib on him for like 1-2seconds while he was receiving the other one. He says that in his 13 years he was not scolded as much he was on that moment just because he didn't hold the Siri Sahib being given. His tankaah came to be doing 5 Japji Sahibs off of Maharajs saroop and sangat joined him aswell.

These are not just mere obects that fall off and ohh so what pick it up and put it on. These are our ANGS! We have to give them proper respect.

I was trying to find the video on youtube but I can't atm.

Its Sang Kartar Singh ji bhindranwale mahaurakh explaining that one morning after ishnaan Sang Gurbachan Singh ji bhindranwale wad handing him the kirpaan that he wore normally. Sant Kartar Singh ji was handing his ishnaan vali Siri Sahib with 1 hand and receiving his other Siri Sahib to wear during the day.

His timing came to be a bit off and he did not have a Siri Sahib on him for like 1-2seconds while he was receiving the other one. He says that in his 13 years he was not scolded as much he was on that moment just because he didn't hold the Siri Sahib being given. His tankaah came to be doing 5 Japji Sahibs off of Maharajs saroop and sangat joined him aswell.

These are not just mere obects that fall off and ohh so what pick it up and put it on. These are our ANGS! We have to give them proper respect.

WJKK WJKF

The above is all fine and yes I agree, respect should be given, however not taken out of context. There is no physical object which will bring you some form of favour when weighing up your paap. It is only achieved by Naam and gurmantar, the 5 k's should be respected, but they act within a role here within this realm as a reminder of who we are (uniformity) and what we stand for, however we do not take these physical objects with us to the darbar of satguru to be judged. It is just simply our aatma, however it's is the level of Naam we have uttered with devotion an our sees in good deeds which have been recorded, if one was Gurmukh in life then they are exempt from this whole juditional system and achieve mukhti.

Your aatma should have waheguru in every breath and thought living within ghristi jeevan.

But i do believe there is shakti within the kakaar and especially the Kirpan. That is why it should be used and respected. If your Kirpan fell onto the floor, it should obviously be picked up and put back on. I don't see why we should confuse such a simple matter, how is the place of where the kirpan was to fall upon any dirtier/cleaner than the body of which it then adorns both physically and spiritually. When it was used to decapatae another human being, was the blood then not some form of contamination onto the blade or if it was thrusted within the stomach, would the bodily fluids/decomposing foods not taint the blade? There is no pavitar dharti, this has to be looked on within a spiritual and physical outlook IMO.

Kara as a weapon ? It is a weapon it is referred to as "beeni Ka shastar" weapon of the wrist in Gurbilas Patshahi 6. Puratan Singhs used large Kara's for loh mushti "iron fist boxing" this has been recorded in a French magazine by a French journalist who witnessed this in maharajah Ranjit Singh's armies.

Nihang Singh's still carry a vast range of Jangi Kara's for combat purposrs. Such as a chobadar that has one large spike, and a jamdhar kara that has producing curved claws for strangulation etc. There are also others.