Spiritual Health

Big_Tera

How do we achieve inner peace and find meaning and purpose in life on today's unnatural hectic society. Where most people are so far away from reality due to the modern stressors on the mind. To even begin to achieve this first your mind has to be in the right frame of mind or you will struggle to get to that level of spiritual enlightenment.

for instance 200 years ago people were more spiritual and open to religion. Due to their mind being free from the many ill effects of modern society . ie bad diet, no exercise. all this effects the mind and consequently ones spiritual health as we cannot attain spiritual well being when our mind is not correctly functioning to begin with. Just like our bodies have become overweight and unhealthy due to diet and nutrition so has our mind. but the only difference is you cannot see your mind hence its not that obvious to people and ourselves to the actual condition of it. Its like trying to run a marathon when you haven't done any exercise all your life and then suddenly have to run 26 miles.

ie if your mind is unhealthy how can you actually be a good Sikh and even understand and feel the benefits of peace from region when our minds are completely out of shape. I believe to reach this goal, first your mind needs to be in shape also before you can even fully begin start this journey.

what causes our minds to become unbalanced and lead us onto the path of self destruction and also committing bad deeds?? ie to feel the pleasure that comes from our religion first our brain must be in an actual position to feel this.

I think one of the best things we can do to get our mind in shape is to do physical exercise. as exercise is not only good for our physical health but also more importantly good for our brain/mind. I would say we need to jog a few miles a day.

What the jist of this thread is.

How can one truthfully and fully experience Waheguru if our mental state is not ready to connect. ie due to the modern lifestyle ie poor diet high in fat and low in essential fruit and veg. This has a big determent to our mental well being and health. It causes us to be unable to connect to God even if we wanted to.

to fully experience God we first have to get our minds healthy otherwise it wont come from the heart.

Im not saying you wont be able to experience God. But not to the full potential. That only comes when the mind is pure and clean and correctly working to its full potential.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use