Does Dasam Granth Reject Hindu Gods As Myth Or

N30 singh jio

In asa dee vaar Guru sahib writes about these deities as dust.

Nanak Nirbhau nirankar

hor kete Ram rwal

Emphasis is on supermacy of akal purakh. That should always be kept in mind.

Totally agreed. Sikhi upholds Absolute truth all the time but while upholding Absolute truth it also praises relative realities as well- for example- vahiguru ji avtar of narsingh we read every day in asa di vaaar- rehras sahib- Vahiguru saved bhagat parlhad ji in Narsingh form:

Har Jug Jug Bhagat Upaaiya, Paij Rakhda Aaaiya Ram Rajai
Harnakash Dusth Har Maaraya Parhlad Taariaya
Ahankarye Nindakha Pitta Daie, Namdev Mukh Laaiya
Jan Nanak Aisae Har Seevaaiya, Ant Leh chadaya ||

Sikhi is not nirgun vaad only. It's Nirgun and Sargun combined.

Gurmat is bhagti-relative-sargun / gyan-nirgun- absolute- somacha vaad (combined/blended)

Bhai sahib jio

It is God who acted through Nar singh to save Bhagat Prahlad. In composition chubis avtar ,Sri Dasam Granth sahib tenth master writes

38 saloks that gives his views about these avtars.Guru sahib time and again emphasizes supermacy of Akal purakh and these avtars

are written as his Creations.

ਜੋ ਚਉਬੀਸ ਅਵਤਾਰ ਕਹਾਏ ॥
जो चउबीस अवतार कहाए ॥
Those who are called twenty-four incarnations;

ਤਿਨ ਭੀ ਤੁਮ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਤਨਿਕ ਨ ਪਾਏ ॥
तिन भी तुम प्रभ तनिक न पाए ॥
O Lord ! they even could not realise thee in a small measure;

ਸਭ ਹੀ ਜਗ ਭਰਮੇ ਭਵ ਰਾਯੰ ॥
सभ ही जग भरमे भव रायं ॥
They became kings of the world and got deluded;

ਤਾ ਤੇ ਨਾਮ ਬਿਅੰਤ ਕਹਾਯੰ ॥੭॥
ता ते नाम बिअंत कहायं ॥७॥
Therefore they were called by innumerable names.7.

Chaubis avtar,Sri Dasam Granth sahib

I agree fully concur with message of sri dasam guru granth from absolute reality perspective/view.

Missionaries are highly allergic towards anything sargun in the panth, no different than teja singh bhausaria/kala afghana mindset. They should be given these context- absolute and relative reality-pointers so everything make sense to them- most other faiths have these contexts to explain scriptural stance and they should also be given analogy and difference between praise and worship something they can relate to. For example- If missionaries -kids gets A+ in math, they would praise them as any parent, they don't go around worshipping them.

Dasam granth rejects them on the basis that people worshiped them as God and were too focused on their body form and forgetting the formless lord. The same is happening to the sikhs. Guru Gobind singh even said if you call me god you will be thrown to the pits of hell!

jae ham ko paramaesar ouchar hai | thae sabh narak kundd mehi par hai |

Translation:- “Those who call me God, will fall into the pit of hell.

This vaak of maharaj should be seen as scolding of our father, cannot be taken literally. However overall message behind this vaak of this maharaj should be taken seriously. What Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji is saying- don't be attached to my transient (shud bhram sargun) saroop-personal god saroop, don't confine me in transient shud sargun saroop. Realize- your and my real saroop which is Nirgun saroop via bhagti, shabad dhun, shabad gian- bhramgyan.