Why Do Sikhs Continue Supporting Jazzy B's Mixed Message To Sikh Youth?

sikhiseeker

sorry but it still doesn't say what 'dharmic' projects means , either past present or future. I really don't think that jazzy b et al would be doing Raag kirtan and it seems so far they haven't produced any of the Raag kirtan preservation albums and there are still many panthic jewels out there doing the sewa .

Stop clutchin at straws u mug, u accused these ppl of taking money n lining their own pockets, ive jus given u an article written by them, where they state they r a registered charity, making no profit n done voluntarily, n u still aint satisfied? not my problem. The videos released by dharamseva, also have english subtitles, so it can appeal more to the ppl who dont quite have best of grip of panjabi language, and towards non-sikhs.

anotha dharmic -related music label/project that has been on-going for atleast a decade is the shaheedi.com (immortal productions) guys, who've released 10albums to date, with many contributors from panjabi music artists. The following is written on shaheedi.com.

"Non-profit / Seva

All projects by Immortal Productions

are non-profit and run on a strictly

Seva (selfless service) only basis."

http://shaheedi.com/

here is a video, on sukhi barts vaisakhi special on britasia, where guests were, sukshinder shinda, kaka (dharamseva records) and shamsher singh (immortal prod), watch the interviews urself, of y they r doing this. If u aint happy with their efforts/reasons, set up ur own label then, te dikha sanu!

watch at (38mins), where shamsher mentions its non profit/seva.

heres another video, where kaka says at (5mins) how his label is non-profit/receipts etc

I've jus given u an article written by them, where they state they r a registered charity, making no profit n done voluntarily, n u still aint satisfied? not my problem. The videos released by dharamseva, also have english subtitles, so it can appeal more to the ppl who dont quite have best of grip of panjabi language, and towards non-sikhs.

anotha dharmic -related music label/project that has been on-going for atleast a decade is the shaheedi.com (immortal productions) guys, who've released 10albums to date, with many contributors from panjabi music artists. The following is written on shaheedi.com.

"Non-profit / Seva

All projects by Immortal Productions

are non-profit and run on a strictly

Seva (selfless service) only basis."

http://shaheedi.com/

here is a video, on sukhi barts vaisakhi special on britasia, where guests were, sukshinder shinda, kaka (dharamseva records) and shamsher singh (immortal prod), watch the interviews urself, of y they r doing this. If u aint happy with their efforts/reasons, set up ur own label then, te dikha sanu!

watch at (38mins), where shamsher mentions its non profit/seva.

heres another video, where kaka says at (5mins) how his label is non-profit/receipts etc

Please refrain from your making such comments here about forum members.

You ought to learn how to behave on a Sikh site.

Veerji, Here's some of their efforts in providing a platform for musicians to do dharmic songs/music:

Warning to Delhi by Hindu Musician:

sorry but if relyricing the earth song constitutes genuine effort my standards are higher.

Mool Mantar by bibi Shabad Kaur:

I cannot listen to her mangling her pronouncing Gurbani ...nobody was on hand to advise her where it is going wrong?

This is sad example of how our folks cant appreciate someone who are trying to do some good and that too for non-profit. Yes, nobody is perfect but at least we folks need to appreciate the good work they do. If not then atleast respect them by not airing your strong negative opinions against someone who is doing for NON PROFIT.

Tomorrow,folks will crticize that they dont like this jatha style or that jatha style etc and then we wonder why we dont have unity.

I can see why sikhiseeker is against such particular singers but i am not going to reply about that issue as this will start another unholy cyber war of the most hated topic lol.

Anyway, Dharam Seva Records of UK are the best thing to ever happen in our vulgar and disgusting Punjabi music industry. Rather than blatantly finding mistakes in them and others, you should have something positive plan chalked out. It is bit sad to see hatred against those who of course are not perfect but at least they are doing even 0.01% effort for positiveness in our society.

Please do not go on living on by pulling legs of other person who is bit odd than your lifestyle. Pind di burriyan vang lari janday.

WJKK WJKF

If you wish to bury your head in the sand, that's your choice.

I will prefer to create awareness of such people like Jazzy B, Diljit Dosanj and sukhshinder Shinda and highlight their mixed vulgar message and try stop them from becoming role models and using sikhi for their own money making vehicle just like some of the dera leaders.

WJKK WJKF

Why woułd you use such language to another sikh like "mug" is beyond me, on a forum which allows people to put forward their opinion.

Also, thanks for putting up the dharma sewa record statement. However it doesn't change the fact that the some people who sing dharmic songs and gurbani are living and promoting within their other non dharmic musical material and indeed their lifestyle, a very non Gurmat way of life, "antisikh" if you like.

That is the fact of the matter, which we should all not allow to happen.

Brother you still have not replied to my original post to you on this subject matter.

People like Jazzy B, who have created such a huge audience didn't promote the Badal Satkar for no reason, they too, the same as Badal love nothing of Punjab, punjabi's or it's sikhi, they only love the money they can secure.

Jazzy B supports Badal, the back stabbing man who held secret meetings with the Indra government right before the 84 attacks and then fled Punjab. Then jazzy b decides to don a t shirt of sant bhindrawale and Singh about sant siphai?

At some point, you have to question where your preferred entertainment is coming from. If one calls themself a sikh and does everything but sikhi, then says to audiences you shouldn't do this in there dharmic song and in the next video he/she does exactly what they told audiences not too should leave you at the point that it really just emty words being sung on their behalf for some other purpose, right?

Course they take money so do their record labels/producers people do not do this for nothing... besides I have never seen any news article showing them directly donating all their proceeds of such albums/cds to any cause .

WJKK WJKF

Glad to see someone who sees this issues negative affect on our youth.

I agree with your posts on this subject matter, especially supporting our own Kieran jathas.

WJKK WJKF

This is sad example of how our folks cant appreciate someone who are trying to do some good and that too for non-profit. Yes, nobody is perfect but at least we folks need to appreciate the good work they do. If not then atleast respect them by not airing your strong negative opinions against someone who is doing for NON PROFIT.

Tomorrow,folks will crticize that they dont like this jatha style or that jatha style etc and then we wonder why we dont have unity.

it does not matter one jot if it's for profit or not ...GURBANI should not, can not, be mangled shudh ucharan is the top priority... being foreign is not an excuse look at all the white gursikhs who made the effort and learnt to perfect ucharan such as Chardhi Kala Jatha.