Anxiety Mental Health Drugs

Guest DD

WJKK WJKF

This is a serious topic and I would appreciate helpful answers and anyone who has been through a similar situation. I am currently in therapy for anxiety and depression but mainly anxiety. It does work but it still very tough and I am still struggling to cope will daily tasks.

I am thinking of starting medication. I am wondering if anyone knows what medication would be suitable and if medication has helped anyone before. Again this is a serious topic and I am looking for some answers as i am struggling to cope

Thank you in advance

Something is getting you down. Maybe this thing has existed a long time and become rooted or it could be something totally new. With anything and everything it has a started for a reason. Everything happens for a reason.

It exists totally your mind. I'm guessing you dwell on things too much? Inner strength beings from within and that makes the outside tough. Things arent always what they seem..

Paji thanks for your reply

A lot of things are getting me down... I have anxiety so it stops me from getting work. I have tried in the past and it has ended very badly. I'm getting older and this is not okay. My life is a big mess and I'm struggling to cope... I rarely have anyone to talk to... Everything is just getting too much....

From what you've told me and the way in which u talk its as if you've given up. Past experiences provide references for us and for many, they live their life living in the past or regret every day failing to move forward. It sounds like u don't want to take medication does this u mean u are willing to try/exp other avenues? PM me Cheers

wgjkk wgjkf
i am not against medicine if needed but i really think diet and other practices can be used first. anxiety can be reduced when the body is given what it needs to survive. what does it need? not knowing what your diet, body type, and lifestyle are like i would recommend breathing more deeply, pranayam even. im assuming a lot here but id guessing your body type is skinnier? thats my body type. to make ATP (energy, chi, prana whatever you want to call it) oxygen is needed. kick up the oxygen absorbtion through exercise, yoga, or pranayam. also to create more atp good fuel is needed. when i adding much more fat with butter and ghee anxieties literally dissapeared. protein, assuming your vegetarian, eat heavier meals for example lots of kitcheree, beans and rice, good slow burning fuel will give the body what it needs to be strong and stable. also blood sugar, keeping steady blood sugar will make gigantic changes in your life.
lots of other stuff i could recommend to but this would be a start. working out anxieties through meditation and diet would be best. medication should be a last resort.
hopefully some of this helps i have plenty of other things to recommend if youd like too...
chardi kala!

Fateh

I am trying other things at the moment, i try and keep positive but that is tough, its not easy. I have not given up becuase if i did give up i wouldnt be alive and i mean that. Mental health is a serious issue and yes i am willing to try alot of things but am running out of ideas. Which is why i asked for support. I appreciate your response David but have you actually had first hand experiance in dealing with anxiety or other mental health problems, Id be really intrested to know.

@parnamsingh i do drink alot of water, i have started doing that for a while and it is good, i do take lond walks which also keeps my body fit and i do feel the enrgy boost, however that does seem to subside after a while.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

In most countries, this is something that has to be done through a doctor, and this is the ideal way. Depending on your symptoms, your physical characteristics (weight, age, gender, etc.), your goals and needs, the medication regimen would be designed. These drugs require some time to elapse to show full effect. These medications alter the very chemistry of the body and mind and cannot be recommended on an internet forum.

It is best not to ask anyone such a question unless you have had a full work up by a qualified doctor (preferably a psychiatrist). He/she should work with you to get you the best therapy possible.

I say this being a practicing pharmacist for 10 years or so. The internet is not a substitute for a qualified doctor making an assessment, diagnosis and a treatment plan. Also, there is nothing wrong with seeking medical treatment for a disorder. Delaying treatment may further complicate matters.

I have taken depression medicine before in my life. I took it for couple of days and it had an adverse effect on me. I had more mood swings and isolated myself even more. In days I stopped the medicine and told the doctor right away. My doctor was very supportive of me stopping the medicine due to the effect on me. This does not mean you are going to react in the same way to the medication and depending on what they give you. I dealt with depression and anxiety. I still deal with anxiety and I believe the anxiety causes the depression. Although I have taken natural ways to get rid of the depression and do have it under control. Anxiety can be caused by many factors. For me it is caused by trying to make decisions that will not step on anyone toes. This makes me indecisive and results in me doing nothing in life. Literally, I would sit and watch tv all day. So slowly I have started to pull out of pleasing others and started doing what I believe is right and good for me. Also I have a lot of people in life who block me from doing what I think is right and they have high expectations of me. Since I have not taken up their expectations the family looks down at me. The negativity causes me to become extremely worrisome and makes me feel like a nobody in life. Basically, I have started to self talk through reading Gurbani and have got a career for myself. Slowly, I am moving toward my goals in life and let others know what my goals are in life who clearly cause the anxiety in my life. I tell them to make sure they will not hound me with their fantasy expectations of me. Going to therapy is a good idea, although I did not get a chance too. Many times talking about the issues I have with a friend I trust have helped me resolve the anxiety and let me see clearly.

Do not let others expectations of you take over your life. Certain time frames to finish school, get a job, marriage, etc. Live for yourself by setting your own time frames and do not feel guilty after doing it. Set up your days as you like. Keep a day planner and try to follow it, if not let things flow. I have noticed on some days my anxiety attacks me because I get frustrated trying to follow a routine I cannot even start. These days go to complete waste because I could not complete the first task and this causes me to sit and think for hours on why i could not do it. Which brings on the depression. So i am slowly working on being more flexible and doing things as they come to me. The days I go to work are a lot more smoother and anxiety free. This could be because I have more structure throughout the work week and have minimal free time.

I hope this helps in some way. You are not the only person who goes through anxiety. I have suffered in silence for a long time, at least 10 years. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Life has become a lot easier for me due to focusing on me and my own expectations of myself. Hell if taking a vacation makes you feel good, do it for the time being.

Fateh

@Live i really appreciate that message. It is comforting to know that someone out there is going through the same experiance as me. i think i will defintley have to think about medication and book an appoitment with the doctors. i think it will take time but i just have to keep faith.

WJKK WJKF