Sikh Youth Should Patrol Sikh Areas

JagsawSingh

To be clear, I gave the 'Hackney' and Stoke Newington examples simply because it is a an example of Jews defending their own area. Those areas don't apply to we Sikhs though, just because the one sole Sikh (jkvlondon) once lived there. It is not, never has been, and never will be, our manor. When I suggest we Sikhs organise our own equivelent of the Jewish 'Shomrin' I'm basically talking about areas like Southall, Hounslow, Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc.

From the direction this thread has gone in so far, I gather most if not all of you are still in the dark about the Shomrim. Basically, they wear an official uniform and are provided resources, guidance and help by the Metropolitan Police and the local London Borough Council's. The local Police Chiefs, Councils (including council social services) and the local Courts have an agreement that they will not interfere in the workings of the Shomrim. Basically, that means the Police will even turn a blind eye to crimes if the Shomrim say they will / are dealing with it as an internal Jewish matter. They have no powers of arrest but, they have similar powers as to PCSO's and, as long as the suspect does not insist the Police get involved (which is extremely unlikely) they are judge, jury and executioner.

So, going back to my first message: In our traditional Sikh neighbouirhoods our Sikh bajurgs are attacked and robbed and our Sikh girls are openly targetted by predators right in front of our eyes. So where is our 'Shomrim' ?

To be clear, I gave the 'Hackney' and Stoke Newington examples simply because it is a an example of Jews defending their own area. Those areas don't apply to we Sikhs though, just because the one sole Sikh (jkvlondon) once lived there. It is not, never has been, and never will be, our manor. When I suggest we Sikhs organise our own equivelent of the Jewish 'Shomrin' I'm basically talking about areas like Southall, Hounslow, Birmingham, Wolverhampton etc.

From the direction this thread has gone in so far, I gather most if not all of you are still in the dark about the Shomrim. Basically, they wear an official uniform and are provided resources, guidance and help by the Metropolitan Police and the local London Borough Council's. The local Police Chiefs, Councils (including council social services) and the local Courts have an agreement that they will not interfere in the workings of the Shomrim. Basically, that means the Police will even turn a blind eye to crimes if the Shomrim say they will / are dealing with it as an internal Jewish matter. They have no powers of arrest but, they have similar powers as to PCSO's and, as long as the suspect does not insist the Police get involved (which is extremely unlikely) they are judge, jury and executioner.

So, going back to my first message: In our traditional Sikh neighbouirhoods our Sikh bajurgs are attacked and robbed and our Sikh girls are openly targetted by predators right in front of our eyes. So where is our 'Shomrim' ?

OK you are going on about the Shomrim ...they only care about their own not the whole neighbourhood and besides their patrols are racist in the extreme I used to volunteer in SToke Newington at a Low cost Homeopathic Children's clinic and they would be quite rude to me on the street, obviously wearing a dastar equals being a muslim ...orthodox Jews are not particularly a community I would look to as an example, but if you want to start a 'guardian angel' style patrol then I'm sure you would have to train up your volunteers in hand to hand combat/disarming techniques for those areas where you are proposing, the pimps and dealers aren't going without putting up a fight.Maybe shaming their prostituion clients would be a way to go, it has been used in USA with success by law enforcement sending tickets home after plates capture ...

The drug situation is definitely harder to combat as they are usually very aggressive and have contingencies if a person is taken off the streets , I would agree that this is a job that needs to be run by the police but supported by the community as a whole. Main thing is it would have to be run outside the whole Gurudwara committee thing as it cannot be subject to the political whims of a few individuals.

they only care about their own not the whole neighbourhood

Yes and thats exactly what I'm calling for, on both counts:

1. Just like them, we need to look after OUR OWN community, i.e our bajurgs getting robbed and beaten and our girls openly targetted.
  2. Whilst the Jews in their north and north east London neighbourhoods are a tiny minority we Sikhs in our neighbourhoods are the majority so the whole town is OUR community.

Yes and thats exactly what I'm calling for, on both counts:

• Just like them, we need to look after OUR OWN community, i.e our bajurgs getting robbed and beaten and our girls openly targetted.
  • Whilst the Jews in their north and north east London neighbourhoods are a tiny minority we Sikhs in our neighbourhoods are the majority so the whole town is OUR community.
"Sikhs shall only die for their own religion?" NOT said by Hind Di Chadar. "There is only Sikhs and everyone else is an infidel," NEVER said by any Sikh Guru? According to Judaism and Christianity, the Isrealites are God's chosen people, Sikhi has no such ideology. We pray for Sarbat Da Bhalla. If you want to be a racist, join Judaism, there you can be a racist bigot all you want.

I said this SSD:

so the whole town is OUR community.

Its in English and its clear. Re-read it a couple of times if you're having difficuty understanding it.

I've got to presume you had trouble reading and understanding the English language words else why on earth would someone describe me as a "bigot" and "racist" for suggesting Sikhs protect the vulnerable members of their community and, at the same time reclaim their community (neighbourhoods) from dealers, pimps, addicts and gangbangers ?

Please my friend, do not throw around words like 'bigot' and 'racist' at will. They are not nice accusations and its certainly not nice for the one on the receiving end. Especially when you consider how the 'scum' dealers and addcits in Southall this thread is alluding to, are our own Punjabis. If you're suggesting its possible to be bigoted and racist against yourself then may I politely suggest you invest in a dictionary and look up the words ?

The drug situation is definitely harder to combat as they are usually very aggressive and have contingencies if a person is taken off the streets , I would agree that this is a job that needs to be run by the police but supported by the community as a whole. Main thing is it would have to be run outside the whole Gurudwara committee thing as it cannot be subject to the political whims of a few individuals.

From my very first message I think you can get the impression that it is clearly the situation in Southall that provides the catalyst for this thread. So, bearing that in mind, to get a better understanding of it, you'll need to detach yourself from everything you know about the drug dealing / crime situation everywhere else (such as Hackney).

Go to Southall at dusk, and stay there until dawn. You'll see and experience a Southall far removed from the shopping trips you've ever been on during the days on the Broadway. It is now the biggest red light area in the whole of London. Jam packed with them. Apne Punjabi heroin addicts everywhere walking about like zombies. Hundreds of them. Apne crack addicts walking about menacingly. Hundreds of them. Apne dealers and pimps blighting the community. But, as I said before, you don't really need to wait for the dark. Southall's full of them during the day too.

So, if I can respectfully say, as you have next to zero life experience of living in any of the traditional Sikh neighbourhoods in the UK, you do seem tto lack insight about what this thread is about.

I said this SSD:

Its in English and its clear. Re-read it a couple of times if you're having difficuty understanding it.

I've got to presume you had trouble reading and understanding the English language words else why on earth would someone describe me as a "bigot" and "racist" for suggesting Sikhs protect the vulnerable members of their community and, at the same time reclaim their community (neighbourhoods) from dealers, pimps, addicts and gangbangers ?

Please my friend, do not throw around words like 'bigot' and 'racist' at will. They are not nice accusations and its certainly not nice for the one on the receiving end. Especially when you consider how the 'scum' dealers and addcits in Southall this thread is alluding to, are our own Punjabis. If you're suggesting its possible to be bigoted and racist against yourself then may I politely suggest you invest in a dictionary and look up the words ?

I am sorry, I misread it when you said "our community" can I be forgiven.for what I said. (Misunderstanding)