Why Is It No Artists/singesr/actors Use Singh In Their Names

sat

They make movies, sing dharmik songs but they dont use the name singh why ?

They just dont have any credibility, they sing like they are proud to be from sikh families / background they make movies and animation but when you see their name but no Singh it makes no sense ?

They make movies, sing dharmik songs but they dont use the name singh why ?

They just dont have any credibility, they sing like they are proud to be from sikh families / background they make movies and animation but when you see their name but no Singh it makes no sense ?

simple they are not strong enough to support or deserve the name on their head ....I am glad they do enough BS things to discredit Sikhi totally they should stay well away

It is sad to see people born in sikh family not following the anmol niyara path to reach waheguru. However that should not deter us in anyway to follow our personal religious journey.

We should stay positive and worry less about what others do. Rab sareya ch hai and we should treat everyone with respect regardless of who they are and how wrong they are.

It is sad to see people born in sikh family not following the anmol niyara path to reach waheguru. However that should not deter us in anyway to follow our personal religious journey.

We should stay positive and worry less about what others do. Rab sareya ch hai and we should treat everyone with respect regardless of who they are and how wrong they are.

haiiiiinnnnnnnn ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well here is an instance where a bhangra singer hasnt used his actual birthname n singh in his stage name, thank god, however, in the article, his actual name is written, and singh is his last name, the saalaah behsharam.

BTW its bhangra singer SAN2

Bhangra music star taxi driver is jailed for sex attack

A TAXI driver who was also a chart-topping Indian musician has become the second cabbie this month to be jailed for a sex attack on a passenger.

Dhanraj Singh, of Greythorn Drive, West Bridgford, was taking a young woman home when he kissed and touched her.

The 24-year-old was told he breached his passenger's trust because she was in his care and had been drinking.

Nottingham Crown Court heard that Singh was a bhangra singer and was due to fly to Bombay to film a music video after topping the Asian music charts.

But instead, the father-of-two was sent to prison for nine months yesterday after being found guilty earlier this month of sexual assault.

Judge Gregory Dickinson said: "You are a talented, award-winning musician. You have put all of that in jeopardy.

"You were responsible for her safety and well-being.

"You took advantage of a lone female passenger who had been drinking."

The judge said the effect on the victim had been "very serious".

The court was told that the woman had made a statement saying she was "still raw" and was having ongoing counselling.

She had lost weight as a result of the attack on April 1, which had also affected her studies and left her feeling "vulnerable".

For Singh, Mark Achurch told the court: "He is a family man with two children who had been working anti-social hours to support his family.

"It was a short-lived incident. He lost his taxi driver's licence immediately and has been out of work and on benefits since."

The case comes less than two weeks after another Nottingham taxi driver was jailed for sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in the back of his cab.

Jamil Ahmed, chairman of Nottingham Licensed Taxi Owners' and Drivers' Association, said steps were being taken to keep passengers safe.

He said: "All the hackney cabs that are operating in Nottingham have been licensed by the city council.

"They have been through official checks so that there are no allegations of dishonesty, sexual or any type of offence.

"From the association's point of view, if you spot any person you're uncomfortable with, you can pass that information on to the association, who can then pass it on to the council.

"In all hackney cabs, the person is totally separate in their own environment.

"It's a lot safer in their own hackney cab as opposed to a saloon car. That's what we would suggest – to catch a hackney."

The city council said that Singh was not licensed by the authority.

Pete Mitchell, the authority's head of licensing, permits and regulation, said: "In terms of enforcement, we have staff out in the city centre checking taxis most nights of the week. In addition to this, we run multi-agency operations with the police."

Question is should non-amrtidharis use Singh in their name..

Good question but then is it ok for Amritdharis to continue using their surname / goth . Did Guru Gobind Singh Ji continue to use rai answer no, although that may not have been their surname.

My Surname was Khangura but i stopped using it the day i was blessed with amrit. and i did use singh previously too.

My Grandmother used to say to us when we were children lose the surname but never lose the singh or kaur and in a way those little things she told me brought me closer to sikhi, i continue this teaching with my children and pray to Guru ji to bless them with Gursikhi jeevan and amrit too.

Had i not have used Singh i may not have been interested in my religion .