1984 Delhi Sikh Genocide - 30Th Anniversary

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

I, Mrs. Balwinder Kaur, wife of late Mr. Pritam Singh, aged 27 years, resident of Jahangirpuri, Delhi, do hereby solemnly affirm and state as under:
1. That my husband worked as a Mason. I have three children – two boys and a girl.
2. On 1st November, 1984, around 6 PM, about 40 or 50 people came in front of my house and asked my husband Pritam Singh to come out of the house. Because of fear we had locked the house and were on the terrace. They said that they wanted to talk to my husband. I told them that they talk to me instead of my husband. They insisted and persisted saying that my husband come out of the house to talk to them.
3. Seeing their mood I asked one or two of them to come into the house, to the terrace to talk to my husband. Before I could bolt the door after letting one or two in, three or four persons pushed and got inside the house. They told my husband to give them whatever weapons he had, My husband gave them the sword he had. About half an hour later those people came back and said that they wanted my husband's signature stating that the weapon (Sword) was his, so that they could return it to him. They had tea in the house and warned us not to sleep outside or come out during the night. Nothing i.e. no untoward incident happened during the night.
4. On 2nd November, 1984 morning around 8 AM two policemen were seen by me in my street. My husband called out to them, seeking protection. They refused to come and went away.
5. Soon after a mob of nearly 800 people filled the street. They asked my husband to cut his hair and shave his beard. I came down and pleaded with them with folded hands. I did not allow my husband to come out. The mob broke open the ventilator and set fire inside the house.
6. We tried to put out the fire but could not. The mob broke open the already half burnt door. My husband ran out of the house. As he ran out they hit him with an iron rod near the knee. He fell down. Then they pierced him with a sword on his back. The sword came out through his chest. Then they poured kerosene on him and wanted to burn him. I shouted "No" and stretched myself on my husband. They hit me with the sword and beat me with iron rod. I got wounded at the side of the head because of the iron rod and got a deep cut at my elbow and the leg. I became unconscious. When I regained my consciousness I was in Hindu Rao Hospital.
7. My children were saved by my neighbours.
8. The crowd was a mixture, containing both local people and outsiders. The first crowd of 50 people were from the area. The mob of about 800 people came walking, I do not know from where. In that crowd I recognize some persons. One is a person named Binod from 'Y' Block. With him were his brothers – Dalchand and Pappu.
9. Ten or twelve days after the riots, Binod was shouting aloud in the street at night, brandishing a knife saying that anyone who gives witness against him will be done away with. Most of the persons in the crowd seemed to be drunk.
10. I heard that the crowd had burnt my husband's body. I have received Rs.10,000/- as compensation for my husband's death. My house was burnt. The material loss I estimate is about Rs.50,000/-.

I, Sardar Singh Ahuja, aged about 63 years, Sarai Rohilla, Delhi, do hereby on solemn affirmation state and declare as under: -
1. I say that at abut 2.30 PM on 1-11-84, the Granthi of our Gurdwara Singh Sabha, Sarai Rohilla, Delhi made announcement on the loudspeaker that the Gurdwara was attacked by the Non-Sikhs and the Sikhs should came to the Gurdwara to save it. On hearing this announcement I went to the Gurdwara, along with my sons Amarjit Singh and Manmohan Singh. About 25 to 30 Sikhs reached the Gurdwara in response to the said announcement.
A huge crowd was gathered near the Gurdwara of Non-Sikhs who were time and again attacking the Gurdwara. We Sikhs were repelling the attacks of Non-Sikhs. After some time a police vehicle came there, who did not check the Non-Sikh crowd but announced that the Sikhs should enter the Gurdwara.
2. The Sikhs responded to the police call and entered the Gurdwara. Across the road there are barracks of Railway Protection force. The railway protection force opened fire on the Sikhs in the Gurdwara. I was hit on my legs and other parts of the body and one bullet struck me at my abdomen. The RPF men who were firing were all Non-Sikhs. They did not fire on the Non-Sikh mob who has attacking the Gurdwara. They fired about 100 rounds. One or two of them were having double barrel guns as well. About 3 or 4 persons were killed on the spot.
3. This firing was resorted by Railway Protection Force men because the Sikhs repelled the attacks of the Non-Sikhs mob who were trying to loot the Gurdwara and were intending to set it on fire.
4. When heavy firing started Sikhs were complied to abandon the Gurdwara and then the Gurdwara was looted and burnt by the Non-Sikh mob.
5. I was then taken to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital by a police van who came there at my house after some time upon information having been given by some one. Because I was mentioning Railway protection force men who fired at me and others and the cause of serious injury to me was due to their firing my report was not recorded. The firing was started at about 3.30 PM or 4 PM.
6. I am attaching herewith copies of the medical record. Neither any case is registered against the RPF men so far as my knowledge goes nor any investigation is done. The police never gave any protection to the Sikhs against the Non-Sikhs for several days from 1-11-84.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you think you know what happened in Delhi in November 1984 and subsequent injustices that are still ongoing today?

Today, we have released over 750 additional pages in the expanded 1984 Delhi Sikh Genocide section. Much in the way of affidavits, statements of witnesses, police records (with names & addresses of those arrested) and a long list of persons who were killed by the hindu mobs and the terrorist State of India.

Read the truth about the 1984 Sikh Genocide - http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_genocide/1984_delhi_genocide.html

Although the following seek no recognition, we Thank - Citizens Justice Committee, Human Rights Watch, Sikhs For Justice, Witness 84, Tehelka; for all the help, support, advice and information provided.

There is one specifically (who the Sikh Sangat owes a debt) who helped has helped Sikh victims tirelessly for over 30 years - Harvinder Singh (Phoolka)

We hope the information we have collected will be used by others in future. Much still needs to be done, HS Phoolka still has many records that need to be digitized and made available to all. We need help from Sikhs who care enough to make a difference.

(Admin - please can you pin this post for a few days?)

holocaust and genocide are the same thing meaning that one group is trying to kill off a whole race/religion and a massacare is a mass killing. what happened in 1984 is was a genocide cos sikhs were being targetted by highly organized mobs of hindus

Not hindus but highly organised mobs of Congressi criminals.