Sikh Woman On Interfaith Wedding Issue

Please share your reply with us jkvlondon

Honestly I can't remember word for word just something happens and the words flow out ...

I opened up with the unfair treatment she gave the website by only showing one person's viewpoint , I asked her to see it from Sikhi point of view if everyone marries out very few people will pass on their faith or culture to the kids so Sikhi would lose out. Then I said that it would be wrong in this day and age of 1 in 2 marriages failing to claim it's all hunky dorey if you marry out , marriage life needs commitment and unlike the past the stigma of a divorce isn't enough incentive for people to work out their problems and stay married, these figures also do't include those who are just common law spouses. That being born Punjabi doesn't make you a Sikh just as being born a Jamaican doesn't make you a Rastafari. To be Sikh ones needs to take amrit and make a commitment to our Guru ji the maximum one could claim is that your family comes from a sikh background. Bus nothing too controversial.

Rehit is only for sikhs who born in punjab??!

How about the sikh guys girls born in america Canada??

They forgot about rehit that's why they converting into muslim??? Hell I heard one of the gurdwara close to my home not going to name it the guy out there committee member his daughter married Mexican I think he forgot to told her about rehit

One of the 52 hukam guru gobind Singh ji said sikh nu kanya daini are we really following what our guru ji said only 10 out of 1 who actually do belive in being true guru da sikh rest of them fake sikhs everyone have diffrent excuse until they don't follow what guru ji said nope you not sikh we can always say hey I'm going to be soon

Honestly I can't remember word for word just something happens and the words flow out ...

I opened up with the unfair treatment she gave the website by only showing one person's viewpoint , I asked her to see it from Sikhi point of view if everyone marries out very few people will pass on their faith or culture to the kids so Sikhi would lose out. Then I said that it would be wrong in this day and age of 1 in 2 marriages failing to claim it's all hunky dorey if you marry out , marriage life needs commitment and unlike the past the stigma of a divorce isn't enough incentive for people to work out their problems and stay married, these figures also do't include those who are just common law spouses. That being born Punjabi doesn't make you a Sikh just as being born a Jamaican doesn't make you a Rastafari. To be Sikh ones needs to take amrit and make a commitment to our Guru ji the maximum one could claim is that your family comes from a sikh background. Bus nothing too controversial.

Thanks a lot for putting her in her place.

http://secretwedding...f-the-gurdwara/

Another one for you to please follow up and tell this woman to stop her nonsense.

They forgot about rehit that's why they converting into muslim??? Hell I heard one of the gurdwara close to my home not going to name it the guy out there committee member his daughter married Mexican I think he forgot to told her about rehit

One of the 52 hukam guru gobind Singh ji said sikh nu kanya daini are we really following what our guru ji said only 10 out of 1 who actually do belive in being true guru da sikh rest of them fake sikhs everyone have diffrent excuse until they don't follow what guru ji said nope you not sikh we can always say hey I'm going to be soon

I would venture to say Sikh apni beti kise monay de ghar viah karke does oolungana of rehitnama too

There are Mexican Sikhs, please don't change it into an interracial issue and stay to the interfaith issue.

I see this as an perfect example of a (supposedly) Sikh woman who has probably a pint of knowledge on Sikhi and sees interfaith weddings in gurdwaras perfectly fine because of the overused excuse of "Sikhi is all about equality" so why can't it happen or this common excuse "You Sikh close-minded fundamentalists are the ones who keep youth out of gurdwaras blah blah blah blah, interfaith weddings is very acceptable in Sikhi." Its always these so called Sikh women in western world who just want to bash Gursikhs on keeping Sikhi intact and stopping it from changing to fit modern day societal values.

To any of these so backward Sikh followers:

1. Mosques and most synagogues don't allow interfaith marriages. Because they themselves already know they chose to marry outside their religion hence not showing interest in their religion that says marry inside you religion only. So why doesn't Sikhi have to be more progressive to please these so called modern day supposedly Sikhs. Yes, we all are about equality but its also about following Guru's teachings to the fullest. How can two marriage partners follow one religion and another religion that contradicts each other? No way possible.

2. Most Sikh interfaith couples who bring up their children have their children in confusion when it comes to religion. I probably bet that 90% of Sikh interfaith couples have no urge to follow teachings of the GGS. Their kids too in most cases don't follow Sikhi (read gurbani, follow rehit), hence why do the anand kaaraj in the first place. When do people ever see Sikh interfaith couples bringing up their children as Gursikhs? Never because they never showed interest. Most Sikh males who marry in a Sikh interfaith marriage are mona hence they showed no interest at all not even marrying within their own religion.

3. Most Sikh interfaith couples do the anand kaaraj ceremony and then do the other partner's religious ceremony also? You makes vows with your lifetime partner to follow the GGS and the GGS only and then do another religion marriage vows? To be a Sikh you follow the GGS ONLY no question. I have no problem with a mona Sikhs doing the anand kaaraj because they at least know to marry a Sikh and also who knows if they become Gursikhs later on in life (whether from parchar or deciding to become devoted Gursikhs over the time).There are examples of that but for Sikh interfaith marriage partners when do you see them together taking amrit? NEVER. They say they follow two religions at a time. There is no Muslim-Sikh or Christian-Sikh.....

Too many Sikhs on this site have already stressed what I've said above but these kinds of people still complain and complain..........

To any of these so backward Sikh followers:

2. Most Sikh interfaith couples who bring up their children have their children in confusion when it comes to religion. I probably bet that 90% of Sikh interfaith couples have no urge to follow teachings of the GGS. Their kids too in most cases don't follow Sikhi (read gurbani, follow rehit), hence why do the anand kaaraj in the first place. When do people ever see Sikh interfaith couples bringing up their children as Gursikhs? Never because they never showed interest. Most Sikh males who marry in a Sikh interfaith marriage are mona hence they showed no interest at all not even marrying within their own religion.

3. Most Sikh interfaith couples do the anand kaaraj ceremony and then do the other partner's religious ceremony also? You makes vows with your lifetime partner to follow the GGS and the GGS only and then do another religion marriage vows? To be a Sikh you follow the GGS ONLY no question. I have no problem with a mona Sikhs doing the anand kaaraj because they at least know to marry a Sikh and also who knows if they become Gursikhs later on in life (whether from parchar or deciding to become devoted Gursikhs over the time).There are examples of that but for Sikh interfaith marriage partners when do you see them together taking amrit? NEVER. They say they follow two religions at a time. There is no Muslim-Sikh or Christian-Sikh.....

For #2, there is no guarantee that two Sikhs will make their children Sikhs, because of the rise of Atheism. You can see that in the large number of extreme conservative Christian and extreme conservative Muslims who leave their faith, and both of their parents were the same religion. And there is a chance that people born into non-sikh families can become Sikh.

#3 I personally know of an interfaith couple that the non-Sikh took Amrit. And both lived lives of Gursikhi better than some monas.