Sikh Woman On Interfaith Wedding Issue

For #2, there is no guarantee that two Sikhs will make their children Sikhs, because of the rise of Atheism. You can see that in the large number of extreme conservative Christian and extreme conservative Muslims who leave their faith, and both of their parents were the same religion. And there is a chance that people born into non-sikh families can become Sikh.

#3 I personally know of an interfaith couple that the non-Sikh took Amrit. And both lived lives of Gursikhi better than some monas.

Sorry I should of said it is very rare to see a Sikh interfaith couple both chak amrit. But you mentioned the rise of Atheism. Yes Atheism is growing very fast among the youth due to seeing religion as oppression and violence in their own views hence they become very ignorant of religious followers. The problem is that today western Sikh youth are saying Sikhism should be progressive and throw the "its equality" excuse without going over gurbani/rehit and talking in depth about this interfaith marriage issue. This is what we'd expect out of youth growing up in westernized secular societies

I fully support this by @sunny_hundal "Why British Sikhs must oppose the ban on inter-faith marriages at Gurdwaras" http://t.co/t0b9oMaDH7

No surprise on the views of Sunny Hundal & Bobby Friction on this matter.

whats worse is some of these people's views on his fb post.... exactly what I stressed about https://www.facebook.com/s1.hundal/posts/10154795741705503

One woman posted: Is this a more recent issue? A Catholic relative of mine married a Sikh a few years ago and AFAIK there wasn't any kind of backlash from either side. They have two kids now who are raised Sikh but come to some of our Catholic ceremonies.

Disappointing to read the first couple of comments btw. The most successful religions evolve to suit the needs of its population.

Shocking view about Leon Green on the facebook, who is an atheist and wants to go through the Anand Karaj which is contradictory.

Nothing stopping them from getting married but it makes a mockery of our traditions.

I think somewhere down the line the "Sikhs" that follow this viewpoint are going to come back with their tails between their legs when they come to realise that they are being led down the wrong path.

whats worse is some of these people's views on his fb post.... exactly what I stressed about https://www.facebook.com/s1.hundal/posts/10154795741705503

One woman posted: Is this a more recent issue? A Catholic relative of mine married a Sikh a few years ago and AFAIK there wasn't any kind of backlash from either side. They have two kids now who are raised Sikh but come to some of our Catholic ceremonies.

Disappointing to read the first couple of comments btw. The most successful religions evolve to suit the needs of its population.

I would recommend they get a court marriage, until either partner converts. I personally don't know why anyone would choose non-sikhi over Sikhi, but to each to his own. Instead of Anand Karaj to expand Sikhi, I would prefer they learned from the Whyguru Course made by Basics Of Sikhi.

I would recommend they get a court marriage, until either partner converts. I personally don't know why anyone would choose non-sikhi over Sikhi, but to each to his own. Instead of Anand Karaj to expand Sikhi, I would prefer they learned from the Whyguru Course made by Basics Of Sikhi.

Sorry I should of said it is very rare to see interfaith couple both chak amrit. But you mentioned the rise of Atheism. Yes Atheism is growing very fast among the youth due to seeing religion as oppression and violence in their own views hence they become very ignorant of religious followers. The problem is that today western Sikh youth are saying Sikhism should be progressive and throw the "its equality" excuse without going over gurbani/rehit and talking in depth about this interfaith marriage issue. This is what we'd expect out of youth growing up in westernized secular societies

Also Atheism doesn't have any borders, it doesn't matter how devout your family was, it can still affect you. I think that would be more important to highlight than interfaith marriages. There are lots of ex-muslims and ex-Christians because of Atheism. More so than some "love and romance". Sikhi has more equality than any other religion, what head of religion gave his life for non-believers? Guru Tegh Bahadur!

First of all we dont know she was a sikh woman could have been a non-sikh guy/girl posing as a sikh woman just to bash sikhi and its strong stance on religoius marriages.

And secondly as I said before on the forum may God guide these evil vile punjabans or destroy their wombs and make them take birth in islam let the 7th century simpletons deal with these kind of women. We do not need these useless waste of spaces taking birth in sikhi or sikh families. If black / white men and women can convert to sikhi without help from any missionaries and are happy to have a sikh wedding with another Sikh only why is it so difficult for these few but vocal loose useless daughters of prostitutes?

and yes these type of women are raised by prostitutes and they do bring shame on their mothers because their mothers allowed them to become this way inclined. I have not across one decent punjaban from a sikh family who left home for uni and to relocate to work else where... they ALL become easy looose cheap women that bring rest of decent sikh women real embarrassment.

They try too hard to fit in with atheist western societies when even atheist white women and men are just as judgmental when it comes to choosing a partner they will discriminate against asians because they think we all think a certain way..... they will discriminate against people of other cultures ....they will discriminate against people who take drugs .....they will discriminate against people who sleep around. So this bashing of sikhs and sikh faith and our community is not politically correct nor is modern and progressive its bipolar irreligious western cultural crap they are extremists in my view. They try to brainwash us and say dont judge people yet they want to judge sikhs and other minorities. They need to leave us alone get on with their own crappy selfish atheist western hedonist pointless lives and let us conduct our religious affairs how our religious scriptures and traditions want us to.

Just the other day me and my work collegue went to cafe to meet her boyfriend who happens to be a white atheist guy and shes punjabi from sikh family. I was like ok cool i wont judge you its your life then when I met the guy i thought why are you with this <banned word filter activated>.... this guy was talking about sex the whole time he was literally saying how he would have cold sex with her and rape sex.... I was shocked couldnt believe what I was hearing I thought all girls who dating white guys was because they behaved better? werent interested in sex much? but it only confirmed to me that we have got a serious problem in our panth if our daughters and our sisters are being groomed non-sikh white and black guys in a highly sexualised atheist society. They are on twitter and social media exchanging filthy and dirty pervy texts with them the culture of shame is no more ... this is not only happening with sikh girls but hindu and muslim girls too but hindus dont really care about their girls wheras muslims do try their best to guide them.....

militant atheism is a bigger threat to peoples minds especially our vulnerable naive sikh youth (especially girls) than abrahmics of islam and Christianity.

Time to take atheism brainwashing seriously and tackle it just as vigorously in social media, youtube , articles and blogs as the abrahmic ideological groomers.

We need to remember atheists (people who have no religious beliefs or no belief in God) have the highest prison populations, have murdered and killed more people in the 20th century than all religious violence combined.

First of all we dont know she was a sikh woman could have been a non-sikh guy/girl posing as a sikh woman just to bash sikhi and its strong stance on religoius marriages.

And secondly as I said before on the forum may God guide these evil vile punjabans or destroy their wombs and make them take birth in islam let the 7th century simpletons deal with these kind of women. We do not need these useless waste of spaces taking birth in sikhi or sikh families. If black / white men and women can convert to sikhi without help from any missionaries and are happy to have a sikh wedding with another Sikh only why is it so difficult for these few but vocal loose useless daughters of prostitutes?

BHENJI!!! You cannot be serious and call the mothers that word... often the mothers are totally unaware of their daughters behaviour until they come clean.... Oftentimes the mothers come from India and have no say in their homes as they are treated as persona non grata by everyone... please don't do this ...it is not right

Yes the girls need to get their act together ...they need to learn to respect themselves again as virgins and not take S@~T from GUYS and not feel inferior to those who use sex as a currency to being in with the 'in' crowd. They have not been taught about SIkhi full stop

and yes these type of women are raised by prostitutes and they do bring shame on their mothers because their mothers allowed them to become this way inclined. I have not across one decent punjaban from a sikh family who left home for uni and to relocate to work else where... they ALL become easy looose cheap women that bring rest of decent sikh women real embarrassment.

They try too hard to fit in with atheist western societies when even atheist white women and men are just as judgmental when it comes to choosing a partner they will discriminate against asians because they think we all think a certain way..... they will discriminate against people of other cultures ....they will discriminate against people who take drugs .....they will discriminate against people who sleep around. So this bashing of sikhs and sikh faith and our community is not politically correct nor is modern and progressive its bipolar irreligious western cultural crap they are extremists in my view. They try to brainwash us and say dont judge people yet they want to judge sikhs and other minorities. They need to leave us alone get on with their own crappy selfish atheist western hedonist pointless lives and let us conduct our religious affairs how our religious scriptures and traditions want us to.

AND YOU BEEN TOLD BEFORE TO BEHAVE YOURSELF ON OUR FORUM AND REFRAIN FROM USING SUCH CRUDE LANGAUGE HERE.