People Who Protest Interfaith Marriages At Gurdwaras

luckysingh99 a better way to ask the question

why are the protestors far more likely to target females marrying outside the community vs males marrying outside the community

why are the protestors far more likely to target females marrying outside the community then agnostics and atheists getting married in the gurdwara

if each group was equally targeted then it would be easy to believe that these groups protest for religious reasons

but when they target just females then it makes ppl wonder do they protest cause of their own personal insecurities an then hide behind religion

to defend their actions

example in the united states the republican party has bin passing a voter id law claiming is to protect fraud

but the current voting system which is the voter registration program works great

the system works so well the odds of their being voter fraud are like 0.000001 percent

but what the voter id law does do is make it harder for poor people and Hispanic and afrcian americans to vote and these demographics usually vote democrat

it makes it harder for out of town college students to vote who usually vote democrat

republicans say it has nothing to do with suppressing the vote or corrupting the democratic system to win elections, the republican claims are they passed this law to protect the democratic process

but their is no problem with the democratic process what this law really does is hurt democrats and help republicans win when it comes to elections because it prevents many people who normally vote democrate from voting

so in reality its common sense to say the republicans passed this law to keep people who vote democrats from being able to vote making it easier for republicans to win an common sense tells us that the republicans are lieiing when they say they passed this law to protect the democratic system

now Sikh group attacks wedding functions mostly when its a female marrying outside the community

but they don't get as emotional when a male does it

common sense kind of says that it has more to do with the group feeling uneasy about a female marrying outside the community then males

if the group targeted male interfaith marriages as much as females then common sense would say this group does it to protect Sikh principles

Deepmangatsingh

Are you able to substantiate that nine out of ten protests are Sikh female-non Sikh male interfaith Anand Karaj.

How many weddings in gurdwaras have been disrupted.Has there been any statistic analysis provided to prove that there have been a growing number of disruptions or has this been blown out of proportion by particular vested interests with particular agendas.

I do sometimes worry about the self-loathing of some 'Punjabis'. They seem to have no self worth and in their zeal to appear 'modern' and what they think is 'western' they lose touch with the reality of the real world.

In the real world I, as a Sikh, cannot be married by a Christian priest in a Christian Church. Because I'm not a Christian the curch won't allow it. As of yet, I've yet to hear of any 'christian' on earth who has such an inferiority complex that he thinks I, or you, should be allowed. Possibly because they have enough common sense to realise that it would be sheer folly and a sham, not to mention a mockery of the religion, for a non-christian to pretend to be christian for a day and partake in christian vows.

In the real world I, as a Sikh, am banned from getting married in a Jewish Synagogue. Because I'm not a Jew they won't allow it. As of yet, I've never heard of any Jew on earth who has such self loathing and an inferiority complex that he or she thinks I, or YOU, should be allowed. Possibly because he or she has enough common sense to realise that it would be sheer folly and a sham, not to mention a mockery of the religion, for a non-Jew to pretend to be Jewish for a day and partake in Jewish vows.

So you see, these 'Punjabis' who want non-Sikhs to be allowed to pretend to be a Sikh and marry in a Gurdwara are not 'modern' and 'western' at all. For the 'modernists' and the 'westerners' have exactly the same rule as we Sikhs.

No, what these Punjabis are, are extremists with views that totally contradict with virtually every person of every faith in the entire universe. In other words, complete weirdos.

Mehtab singh by TRYING to insult me you have shown how dumb an insecure you are

What if I agree that I am dumb and insecure? Will you stop posting nonsense questions on an hourly basis? Or daily basis? Or weekly basis? If you think I am so dumb and insecure why did you hit like?

You see how irritating one stupid question after another looks like? You do? Good, thank God! Finally!

And yes, I am ready to admit for your happiness that I am supposedly dumb and insecure, hoping that you stop it!

Ciscosingh let's say interfaith marriages are banned in gurdwaras

They are, its some Gyanis who still think its ok.

Then why arnt their as many protests when a man from the community marries outside the community

You should initiate the procession. We all will join you (atleast you will be away from the computer).

As well why arnt their protests when you have you have a couple getting married who don't know anything about sikhi an don't follow it

You should initiate the procession. We all will join you (atleast you will be away from the computer).

An are more likely to protest when a girl marries outside the community

We will stop protesting if a Sikh girl marries a non-Sikh once he has taken Amrit.

When will stop your nonsense?????

That is just one question you asked. Did you forget the rules? You have to ask atleast 14 questions in one post before anyone bothers to read it. Oh and all have to be stupid.

Try again! :D

The reason that people,(Khalsa, don't think you'd understand what that is), would protest a Gurdwara interfaith marriage is because it's not the way. You just have to get a court marriage to be able to marry a non-Sikh.(We should go back to the old days when only 2 Amritdharis were allowed to marry from Anand Karaj, there's too much poison ideologies going on-site you being an example).

its maryada itself came from punjab , puratan bibi jis never took amrit , they only took chula , only a few took amrit

no one was called sikh until they took chula

How can you say? Amrit is only one, Khanda da bata da after all Mai Bhago only became Mata Bhaag Kaur after Amrit, she is one example of many women who became Khalsa (Guru ji's mahal must have had to keep rehit and other women of the household had amrit too. I'm sure Guru ji would not have sanctioned a different method for women as this is going the opposite way to break all bharam of caste, race, sex etc. We do choola of kirpan for Mother and child at the birth of a child accordig to Taksali maryada I am not sure if any other institutions say different.

Anyway the meaning of chula is taking amrit with the understanding that the person will adopt full rehit eventually so is no different ultimately. When I had choola as a kid it was from same bata as everyone else.

How can you say? Amrit is only one, Khanda da bata da after all Mai Bhago only became Mata Bhaag Kaur after Amrit, she is one example of many women who became Khalsa (Guru ji's mahal must have had to keep rehit and other women of the household had amrit too. I'm sure Guru ji would not have sanctioned a different method for women as this is going the opposite way to break all bharam of caste, race, sex etc. We do choola of kirpan for Mother and child at the birth of a child accordig to Taksali maryada I am not sure if any other institutions say different.

Anyway the meaning of chula is taking amrit with the understanding that the person will adopt full rehit eventually so is no different ultimately. When I had choola as a kid it was from same bata as everyone else.

Taksal doesn't believe in separate Amrit for females,
I personally agree with Taksal.