People Who Protest Interfaith Marriages At Gurdwaras

even maharaja rajit singh took chula to enter shukarchariya misl

everyone must atleast take chula to be a sikh, it was a must long ago and it should be made again

it bibi's choice to take amrit or not, there could be another reason for kirpan da amrit,

i have not researched it, but that does not make any one eligible to question hazur sahib,'s maryada

the topic was something else, and you dragged it to something else

How is it right to protest against somebody's wedding?

The ONLY fault lies with the Parbandhak Committee of the Gurdwara.

These young heroes need to identify the core of the issue rather than trying to heal skin cancer with a skin graft.

It's painful and makes the body look awful.

If you don't like a play...you lobby the theatre or a programme...you lobby the channel that broadcast it. So its only logical that these protests should be targetting committees....not those who clearly try it on...and succeed.

If a 12 year old gets served alcohol at the local off licence...its the off licence owner who gets taken to court...not the little rascal who tried it on and got away with it.

Lets clean our own home first shall we???

Twisted western logics?

So a Parbandhak Committee has no obligations?

For the record...I am against mixed marriages.

You appear to be against logical thinking.

There is a Sandesh/Ardesh issued by the Sri Akaal Takht....under what circumstances does a committee still allow these weddings to be booked?

Try addressing my point rather than simplistic comments, showing your own narrow understanding of the real world. Its more realistic/achievable to enforce a rule/law by targeting the providers of a service than the users.

That's why laws exist.

Anand Kharaj is for Amritdhari only?

Lmao....lets talk about twisted logic shall we?

Let me switch the question slightly:

Why do interfaith couples feel it necessary to have an Anand Karaj, when in majority of the cases neither of them has any interest in Sikhi?

What about the one's who do? Just vilify them to the extent where they are not felt comfortable? Seriously, how old are you guys? never mind in your people eyes people like my family don't count.

What about the one's who do? Just vilify them to the extent where they are not felt comfortable? Seriously, how old are you guys? never mind in your people eyes people like my family don't count.

If they do, then both the bride and bridegroom should convert to Sikhism and vice versa.

So there will be no question of interfaith couples as both of them would be Sikhs.

Complex senstive topic, there are many points each from both sides are relevant to the discussion.

I have personally attended two interfaith marriages in sikh gurdwara one in mainstream calgary and other bc..i also spoke on siginificance of anand karaj from dharam and spiritual perpective of anand karaj on both occasitions.Both times i felt there there is more need than ever for sikh parcharikh to explain gnosis/essence behind anand karaj to draw couples in and wider audience in than bunch of rhetoric speeches.

So yes we should not encourage interfaith sikh marriages in parchar, parchar encouragement should always be being married in sikh practising house hold but we should not shun those who have decided to have interfaith marriage in sikh gurdwara either as i feel there is significant opportunity at very point of interfaith marriage in sikh gurdwara to parchar of sikhi not just to couples but also to many non sikhs who are attending marriage. We need to realize parchar is paramount, its by parchar sikhs non sikhs became gursikhs amritdhari, all our puratan mahapursh used prem, parchar as tool to bring non sikhs into sikhism not by these ridicolous invasive dakha sahi enforcement rules put fwd by sikh council and intimidation techniques youths in uk are applying on gurdwara committes to cancel the wedding. This will have adverse affect on sikh image, sikh parchar, cause more unneccessary division between mona and amritdhari.

Key is parchar and encouragement to couples that going fwd in their marriage journey to adapt anand karaj essence- spiritual quest for truth-sat which are discussed in stages/lavan- ie adapt dharma as mentioned in 1st lavan. Thats it, this is where our sevadars seva ends rest is up to vahiguru himself..We are not meant to drive hakum of vahiguru with our self righetouness mixed with ego/pride as others are now suggesting for invasive enforcement.

Also I think it all comes to essence of anand karaj. If we just look at anand karaj ceremony, its actually an guidance/ profound discourse on marriage-divine union,spiritual insight beautifully expressed in four stages for couples who have gotten together decided to get married. It's profound discourse to any couples as to how to live marriage life, as to what exactly is true marriage (anand karaj- soul and supreme soul) from sikh perspective.

It's meant for all, including especially begineers as first lavan encourages couples to adapt dharama going fwd in marriage journey followed by 2nd, 3rd and 4th spiritual stage in one life.
Anand karaj lavan is beginning of spiritual quest meant to be followed through out whole marriage journey. So how can we put a pre-requiste as to who can hear this discourse? As far as sikh universal message is concerned everyone can hear this discourse in front of guru- make a decision for themselves and everyone should be given a chance to hear this profound sikh marriage discourse and let it be drawn towards. We as middle men has no right to put pre-requiste on as to who should listen to this discourse, at the end of day its between them and Guru.
Guru is giving advise, couples are hearing it in sikh marriage, let the divine guru word assert itself work in mysterious ways. Whats the problem? We sevadars can only expand on whats being said in anand karaj itself and rest let Guru- jagadi jot - living light awareness take care of rest.
The problem is we want results right away- either my way or highway- we want to start superfical type of conversion at the ceremony, this kind of enforcement is against anand karaj profound dicourse itself as its life long spiritual quest for spiritual transformation in stages- meant to be thought contemplated, meditated in couple lives going fwd.
We can't put pre-requiste or conditioning as to who can take part in anand karaj ceremony its meant for all including begineers-novice as its profound spiritual discourse of new life long spiritual quest of new beginning in couple marriage.
At the end those who are coming up with knee reactions policies and pre-requiste enforcement need to realize-they are not even giving chance for Shabad Guru which is alive to assert itself, draw people in or even letting new jaigaso couples who can be potentially drawn towards spiritual union anand karaj in sikh anand karaj ceremony to make a conscious decision at their own will and their own time to develop relationship with truth guidance in anand karaj.
These policies are definitely seems to be forced upon couple throat before Shabad Guru even speak to them, give them discourse in anand karaj and forced upon before couples can even contemplate, meditate on their anand karaj ceremony at their own will and at their own time.

Guest dasguruka

I wrote a lot and then deleted it. This is a sensitive topic and ill avoid a debate because it wont go anywhere but our youth definitely needs to clear out who they want to identify themselves with. If its Sikhi then this won't be just be having conversations and then saying that Sikhism is a modern religion and thus this gives us the right to do this or that. Yet at the same time they will not be want to identify themselves with Hindus. Sikhism begins with taking Amrit and keeping rehit.