People Who Protest Interfaith Marriages At Gurdwaras

I knew people would not answer the questions I raised but choose to rant on about religious doctrine. That's fine.

I'm not like that. I'll try to answer the points you've raised.

First of all the five Ks issue - before you ask me that question please ask the 'sikh' people who do not observe/wear any of them apart from a chunky kara which is the easiest and looks good.

Someone said 'why are you meddling in our affairs' - well if the post is about interfaith marriage then should you not hear from everyone that might be affected? - it's called debate. Why be so insular? And if my views are 'nonsensical' I am not the only one. Why have the powers that be allowed matters to continue as they are for so long - were our forefathers wrong to be so obliging?

Another question raised was why have the SGGS in a Ravidass gurughar if we are not sikhs - the jathedar of the Akal Takht (the highest authority) and and jathedar of another takht does ardas in front of hindu idols and in front of people seated on chairs all in front of SGGS, give me an answer to that first. We give full respect to the holy scriptures.

I'm not hypocritical. I do not choose to be sikh when we want to be. Lets say like some of the so called sikh people we choose to be sikh as well at the time of anand karaj.

Get people to stop having haircuts and girls to stop shaving everywhere, stop having alcohol feuled parties after the ceremony then people will take you seriously.

You are living in glass houses and throwing stones at others.

You do have interfaith marriages in church's haha my brothers wife is german cathlic an they got married in a church an gurdwara

Maybe in some church's its banned

But question is why is it people are more offended by a girl marrying outside of the community then a boy

Yes some people protest regardless boy or girl marrying outside the community cause they do believe that non sikhs shouldn't wed in the gurdwara

But what about the people who only get angry when its a girl who marries outside the community and don't get angry when the boy marries outside the community in the gurdwara

Yes understandable only two sikhs should be allowed to get married in the gurdwara

But for ppl who object to a girl marrying outside the community in the gurdwara but are ok when a boy does it his hypocracy an a double standard

Shouldn't sikhs who are against interfaith marriages behave in the same manner regardless if its a boy or a girl inter marrying?

I knew people would not answer the questions I raised but choose to rant on about religious doctrine. That's fine.

I'm not like that. I'll try to answer the points you've raised.

First of all the five Ks issue - before you ask me that question please ask the 'sikh' people who do not observe/wear any of them apart from a chunky kara which is the easiest and looks good.

Someone said 'why are you meddling in our affairs' - well if the post is about interfaith marriage then should you not hear from everyone that might be affected? - it's called debate. Why be so insular? And if my views are 'nonsensical' I am not the only one. Why have the powers that be allowed matters to continue as they are for so long - were our forefathers wrong to be so obliging?

Another question raised was why have the SGGS in a Ravidass gurughar if we are not sikhs - the jathedar of the Akal Takht (the highest authority) and and jathedar of another takht does ardas in front of hindu idols and in front of people seated on chairs all in front of SGGS, give me an answer to that first. We give full respect to the holy scriptures.

I'm not hypocritical. I do not choose to be sikh when we want to be. Lets say like some of the so called sikh people we choose to be sikh as well at the time of anand karaj.

Get people to stop having haircuts and girls to stop shaving everywhere, stop having alcohol feuled parties after the ceremony then people will take you seriously.

You are living in glass houses and throwing stones at others.

The issue you have raised does not need to

be addressed by us as you are a no body

for us. The debate has nothing to do with

people like you, it is about stopping

inter faith marriages at our Gurdwaras.

Have you enough gray matter to understand

this simple stuff?

Committees....and they're obligations.

in this case the obligation from akal takhat is right,

interfaith wedding is not allowed, however in india many gurudware are not following it , because of stupid committee and many still have chairs , which reminds me, to print the hukamnama from akal takhat and slam on their faces

in this case the obligation from akal takhat is right,

interfaith wedding is not allowed, however in india many gurudware are not following it , because of stupid committee and many still have chairs , which reminds me, to print the hukamnama from akal takhat and slam on their faces

So finally we agree....the committees need addressing, yes?

Right then, let's rephrase this question to:

Why are interfaith marriages still booked into Gurdwarai?

Why are these committees not being protested against, before and after the marriages...but only during, when maximum effect of negative image can be portrayed by enemies of the Panth...?

The commitee members that run our Gurdwaras are not only financially greedy, they are also generally not particularly well educated nor do they have much Sikhi knowledge. They tend to be retired old budhay just passing time taking roles to acquire status in the community. We need a skilled younger generation to come forward to move things in the right direction. The issue is the younger generation find it hard to dedicate the required time for this work in between work and family life it's difficult.