Sikhs Of West And Punjabi Language - Why Nobody Talk About It?

S1ngh

5 minutes ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Another approach could be to have really good panjabi media. Many girls even Sikh girls are able to understand Korean from watching Korean dramas. 

I think this is key (amongst other things) but look at the 'quality' of Panjabi media as it stands right now. Puerile, unsophisticated, full of silliness like flying juts and bhangra paa-ing at every step. It doesn't exactly help Sikhs in general learn about and form a strong identity. 

22 hours ago, Jassu said:

Men look better with turbans or maybe its just the fuddhu haircuts in Punjab that make them look bad but for real men look waaaay better in turbans lmao

You say that but actual day-to-day experiences for keshdharis doesn't bear this out. I actually think Sikh girls / women indulge in a bit of patronising virtue-signalling when it comes to this issue. It's like they'll praise a Singh for his turban (even going as far to suggest that's their preference), but they wouldn't want to marry the same guy. The mona can use the turban as an accessory; adorning it and removing it whenever he pleases. His woman - or potential woman - sees this and knows she can have flit between being part of the Singh aesthetic and back to the Mona aesthetic depending on circumstances, whereas the keshdhari doesn't have that choice.  Maybe well-meaning Sikh females should stop muddying the waters and patronising keshdharis with this kind of nonsense, because we know if they had the choice between a mona and a keshdhari Singh, they'll always opt for the former.

7 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

You say that but actual day-to-day experiences for keshdharis doesn't bear this out. I actually think Sikh girls / women indulge in a bit of patronising virtue-signalling when it comes to this issue. It's like they'll praise a Singh for his turban (even going as far to suggest that's their preference), but they wouldn't want to marry the same guy. The mona can use the turban as an accessory; adorning it and removing it whenever he pleases. His woman - or potential woman - sees this and knows she can have flit between being part of the Singh aesthetic and back to the Mona aesthetic depending on circumstances, whereas the keshdhari doesn't have that choice.  Maybe well-meaning Sikh females should stop muddying the waters and patronising keshdharis with this kind of nonsense, because we know if they had the choice between a mona and a keshdhari Singh, they'll always opt for the former.

You're right.
But from what I see on social media and my surroundings, women are generally more receptive to the Sikhi saroop than lets say 15 years ago. 
No matter how much you criticize them, its mostly Punjabi songs (and movies partially) that popularized turbaned Sardars even among non Sikh women. And it is not only the trim Singhs because even people with saroop like Bir Singh have become popular.

28 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

You're right.
But from what I see on social media and my surroundings, women are generally more receptive to the Sikhi saroop than lets say 15 years ago. 
No matter how much you criticize them, its mostly Punjabi songs (and movies partially) that popularized turbaned Sardars even among non Sikh women. And it is not only the trim Singhs because even people with saroop like Bir Singh have become popular.

I'll just say that if someone like Dwayne Johnson became Sikh and kept Kesh and pagh, he'd still get women.

7 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I'll just say that if someone like Dwayne Johnson became Sikh and kept Kesh and pagh, he'd still get women.

So you agree that kesh is not the problem; personality, your physical traits (well trained body vs dad bod) and the way you carry yourself are.
Anyhow, more turbaned celebrities normalized wearing a turban for many women. A lot of my cousins have dated Hindus and Muslim women who were avid Punjabi song fans and dreamed of being with Punjabi Sardars. I don't remember such things happening two decades back. In fact most people would cut their hair before going into the entertainment industry.

1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

True but most girls when they say they prefer 'turban' guys they are talking about dudes like Diljit Dosanjh, Ammy Virk. I know my sister is big on Ammy Virk and she said she would marry a guy like that. Keshdari is still not as popular. I'm just happy the turban is becoming more popular. Small steps but right steps. At least it is better than preferring moneh Sikh dudes with cringy tattoos and steroid muscles like it was popular 10-15 years ago.

25 minutes ago, SikhKosh said:

So you agree that kesh is not the problem; personality, your physical traits (well trained body vs dad bod) and the way you carry yourself are.
Anyhow, more turbaned celebrities normalized wearing a turban for many women. A lot of my cousins have dated Hindus and Muslim women who were avid Punjabi song fans and dreamed of being with Punjabi Sardars. I don't remember such things happening two decades back. In fact most people would cut their hair before going into the entertainment industry.

No, appearance also matters and Kesh is a part of that. But we’d need to improve our other qualities, in terms of appearance as well.