Horrors Of Milk Consumption - Premature Aging, Osteoporosis, Cancers And Heart Disease - Now Scientific Studies Confirm It

panthicunity

soooo, old singhs or bibi's 100+ age they always had dairy product's but sorry i wont agree to this

i do agree to stop milk from an industry but get milk from local dudh wala

Local dudh wala doesnt make his own milk. He gets it from a cow too who produces for her calf. Not for us.

not stopping dairy , i dont eat meat nor eggs, so

milk i wont stop but if required maybe in future i will get a cow

Lol your ignoring the fact that the milk was never produced for you. Its plain theft. Your stealing milk intended for a calf. When your local dudh walas cow has a male calf, what do you think he does with it? Female calves are reared for milk production and male calves for the beef or veal industry. Or in india, the majority of the time, they're malnourished (milk taken for human consumption) and as a result die and are sold to the leather industry. Why do you see more cows than bulls in india?

Panthicity and S4NGH- you're speaking over people's heads I'm afraid- people are generally unwilling to listen to this subject.

For starters a Sikh must always make the ethical choice. Being a Sikh is being an embodiment of ethics. This is a simple principle that when applied, can make life very easy. However some people don't care about ethics. Ethics when applied to this particular issue immediately raises red flags for the suffering and torturing of the domesticated milk-giving animals and the deforestation, loss of habitat and biodiversity and global warming caused by the existence of a cattle industry. It is entirely unsustainable.

As regards to the health- whilst there is debate for either side in terms of nutrition, the fact remains that this is an unnatural source of food- indeed meat is preferential to milk as per evolutionary biology. The simple fact is that human mothers do not produce milk beyond a specific time period, that breast milk is biologically intended for supplementary nutrition of small children and that the fact that the lactase enzyme is genetically switched off in adults means that the vast majority of dairy consumers are just giving themselves gas, IBS etc. Panthicity and S4NGH have stated clear facts, there are far more to be gleaned from the scientific literature. The Vitamin B12 argument has also been discussed to death in the literature- if you would care to search for the scientific articles (evolutionary biology of B12 sources for human nutrition). The general scientific consensus is that minimum animal products is better than more and indeed given the extremely low returns for a normally selected lactating cow/buffalo- it is not economically viable to rear such animals, otherwise demand would far outstrip supply. This is the reason why hormones or indeed selective breeding for short lived animals that are continually in poor health, to produce abnormal levels of poor standard milk- and which suffer and die a miserable death. Whilst an organic standard may assure things like non-use of anti-biotics and hormone, the animal is nevertheless exploited and suffers a great deal, but small-scale and seasonal organic produce is certainly preferential to large-scale exploitation. As Mr S4NGH has correctly observed- the male sex is largely murdered for veal and when the female is no longer economically viable, it is also murdered for the meat and leather.

From an anthropological perspective, domestication of cattle is a relatively recent phenomemon (thousands of years) and indeed storage of dairy in the long-term (through hard cheeses) was a rare occurence, limited to certain african cultures and passed on to northern Europeans via land migration. Due to a genetic mutation, the nothern-most of Europeans retained the lactase enzyme to be able to digest milk in adulthood and thusly the pre-modern dairy industry mushroomed from there around the world. Most dark skinned Africans, South Indians, native Americans and other aboriginal populations cannot digest lactose in adulthood- which is normal biological physiology. Those with north-european ancestry may have the required genetic mutation, including a large minority of (the generally fairer) north indians/pakistanis/arabs. Culturally, dairy consumption would have spread into the Indian sub continent from European land migration and displaced the culture of the aboriginal Indians (anthropolifical evidence reveals that the last remaining aboriginal Indians cannot digest milk and do not consume dairy in their culture). Given this- the timeframe and limited spread of the genetic mutation, dairy consumption has had a causal effect on human evolution and is thusly an abnormal human trait. This is compared to meat consuption, which has played a (albeit debatable to the extent) role in evolution- as humans are descendent from species whose natural diet was nuts, seeds, fruit, roots and herbs, wild grain and small insects and raw fish with limited consumption of meat- which could only be consumed following the proliferation of hunting and fire. Native American tribes and other aboriginal populations living in isolation from the earliest human migrations have an extremely limited or no dependence on meat- and were originally branded pejoratively as 'hunter gatherers' to infer a sense of inferiority to the white man, who were responsible to shaping our understanding of these extremely wise, spiritual and healthy cultures. Anthropoligists and historians are only now beginning to unravel the bias and bigotry to reveal the richness of their lives. Some of these were highly spirutually aware peoples and were the peak of human civilisation. Sadly they and their way of live has been wiped out by greed.

Also of note is the fact that it is an easy mistake to use today's standard of economics to judge history- it is a plainly accepted fact that meat and dairy and honey were scarce and therefore expensive commodities and that in capitalist cultures, the masses were generally money-poor and simply could not afford these things, which were viewed as luxuries and depending on the culture, either a rich man's folly or something to be aspired to but never obtained. Related to this is the fact that there is a decided obsession with dairy in many north Indian cultures, which is a relatively recent phenomenon (lower hundreds of years) and has a relationship with the rapid population growth of this time period. Dairy has been seen as highly desirable and not only a mark of having escaped poverty, but also being a matter of superstition- that absence of said dairy will inevitably lead to death and despair. I have personal experience of this through anthropological study of the matter and can be consided an expert in the field. Of course, I present an over-simplification, but the fact remains that milk consumption is therefore a highly sensitive issue for not only those in India, but also their diaspora around the world, as compared to the non-south Asian population in general.

It is finally invalid and completely false to make absurd claims of the Gurus drinking milk, as if to portray gallons being slurped with burps and hearty slaps on the back. The fact is that the native Indian species of cow and buffalo gives very little milk and it is extremely rare for the animal to produce more than required for it's own calf- thereby any and all milk that happened to be in excess would have been an extremely rare occurence- probably reserved for women in the community with lactation problems (although evidence suggets that surrogate nursing was the norm in such circs) and in the Hindu-influenced communities, small quantities of ghee (because quite simply very very little would have been available) for ritualistic purposes. That said, whether or not milk producing, cows certainly were (and still are) reared in very small numbers for their manure and bullocks for their strength- which has nothing to do with milk, although this too would not have been condoned by the Gurus, given the animal abuse and exploitation involved and the sheer unnecessity (natural farming, as being re-discovered today, requires no tilling and artificial application of manure). The gurus themselves were the ultimate embodiment of ethics and to claim otherwise is an insult to my guru, so please kindly refrain from dragging the good name of the gurus into debates to back up your arguments- you did not live to witness them (Howwver do feel free to use the intrinsic and practical meanings of the Shabad which make our ethical obligations clear).

A combination of ethics, health, anthroplogy etc gives the suitable answer. To the realised person the answer is abundantly clear. Indeed the realised person will observe that this seemingly small issue is linked to all other major issues facing us today- namely mass consumerism, unnatural lives and destruction of the world and that focussing merely on this in isolation of the greater context is a fallacy. To the others, please utilise Gurmat Bibek to be able to critically evaluate any and all decisions you make in life and ask God for guidance.

In conclusion, the astute observer will find that I have not spoon fed you any particular answer- indeed I also include options of drastically scaling back consumption and switching to small scale, seasonal and organic (whilst also making other concurrent lifestyle changes). However I will say this: your choices are not personal- dairy consumption is not only causing needless suffering, but is also destroying the environment. Whilst it may be a highly sensitive topic for many North Indians and their diapora, consequences of actions cannot be ignored and the PC line has been crossed in this particular case and I for one will not take it lying down- you are destroying the world for satisfaction of personal desires.

I will not entertain replies, particularly those ad hominem. I merely add thinking points to chew on and have no wish to waste my time in useless face slapping. Thank you very much.

regarding, never was produced for us, its not the case here .

like i said, whatever the case , i am not stopping it.

our elders drank , so did our gurus

if the locals are cruel, maybe i will get from a friends dairy they take good care of cows. so not stopping it.

This

Very well Said veer RRSS - great historical/anthropological references.

I know I am an outcast here at SS - majority here who support milk drinking , gheo etc - (shall I say right wing sikhs - as opposed to me who is more libral and rational ) - will support gianis like Thakur Singh (who lie through their teeth ), and bachitar natak.

They shower us with compliments - gur nindak, neech , nastik , panth dhokhi, on payroll of indian govt etc :)

Singh123456777 you support milk drinking purely driven by emotional reasoning and I guess your taste buds , and then you create threads in Health and Fitness section complaining about your weight -

Think about it for a sec - dairy is meant to turn a 200 pound calf into a 2000 pound cow or bull in one year - it will do wonders for your bottom line with all the growth hormones , I'd say keep an open mind and try going vegan for just one month and see the very rapid weight loss as well as many other health and mood improvements.

saying about dairy product is one thing,

but making excuses against shaheeds shows your level at what you think and pointing at bachitar natak

there is already gurudwara where guru gobind singh ji met sheed singhs

also , this topic will drag quite long

so stick to the topic to which your are discussing or it would be asked to closed soon if side tracked

My weight is my own doing. I had an injury and let the pounds add on. Don't you hit that back in my face.

What the hell do you mean when these right wing Sikhs believe in bhachitar natak? It is written by guru gobind Singh Ji. Oh wait you must be one of them missionaries then.