Sydney Girl Becomes The First Turbaned Sikh Female Fashion Blogger

SinghStation

Sydney’s Style queen Karan Kaur is fast becoming a household name in the international Sikh community.

Karan Kaur, of Glendenning in Sydney, is the first female Sikh fashion blogger in the world to make her turban the centrepiece of her blog.

Accordign to Daily Telegraph, Miss Kaur started her Instagram fashion blog Style At the urging of her friendsabout seven months ago and now has more than 7000 followers.

“My friends and family were like ‘you should really start up a fashion blog for Sikh women’- because obviously, when we’re representing our religion, you have to wear modest clothing and still be fashionable,” she said.

“So I was actually going to start up a website but I thought I’d start up an Instragram Twitter and Facebook because that’s so much more important these days,

“I was like, I’ll just start up instagram and see where it goes.”

The blog took off quicker than Miss Kaur expected with about 1000 followers within the first month.

“I would get personal messages from people (around the world) that would ask me, ‘I have my prom coming up. I want to wear … modest clothing’. So people ask me what’s an alternative.

254590-c50b558e-69f1-11e4-bf6a-dbd9a0126

The 20-year-old business student is now preparing to study fashion next year and create her website to inspire other Sikh women to wear the turban.

“This is my turban. this is the main reason I started Style With Kaur,” she said.

“Living in a western society wear you’re putting yourself out there with social media. It’s a really hard thing.

“You know people are saying you shouldn’t put your religion and fashion together. It doesn’t go hand in hand. It’s just stupid comments like that.

“But obviously the positive response has honestly been overwhelming and overshadows the negative”.

One day Miss Kaur wants to design Sikh ­garments that mix modern styles and traditional ­values.

254789-c5eb0c1a-69f1-11e4-bf6a-dbd9a0126“I feel that these days are so hard to find clothes that are modest and look stylish. Especially being in a price range where we can afford as well.

“I would love to design clothing or to cater for Sikh women’s needs or other religion needs as well.”

Designing clothes and blogging is not the end for Miss Kaur, she would also like to introduce the turban to the runway.

“In other countries Sikh men have modelled for Louis Vuitton and Tommy Halfinger, Gap and been the face of Samsung and it’s all been men, it’s not been a Sikh woman that’s modelled.

“I would love to change that; I would love to model for Chanel or Louis Vuitton.”

Singh Street Style, run by male blogger Pardeep Singh Bahrawas, was the first fashion blog to feature turban-centred outfits.

For more fashionable outfits, check out the “Style with Kaur” Instagram account.

Source: http://singhstation.net/2014/11/sydney-girl-becomes-the-first-turbaned-sikh-female-fashion-blogger/

chalo yar.... Kithe pagga nu roldiyaa ahe........ Kushi hoi Kuj da wadia Sunan nu milyaa........ support her and her goal...........

problem is , when I look at her, her parvatey look plucked and she has some makeup shakeup too , I don't think this is the image Guru di betian should emulate honestly so I feel 'yeh and...' you made an account but you talk about yourself only and your clothes and fashion and expect people to put patteh to your haumai sorry both gallan are not good either for you or the reader. Nam Japo

problem is , when I look at her, her parvatey look plucked and she has some makeup shakeup too , I don't think this is the image Guru di betian should emulate honestly so I feel 'yeh and...' you made an account but you talk about yourself only and your clothes and fashion and expect people to put patteh to your haumai sorry both gallan are not good either for you or the reader. Nam Japo..

I Support her bcz She has an AKAL of covering up her head with turban.........whereas Lots of Sikh woman these days Have no such a brain...........even baptised .....I know this article should not be on this forum ..But i do feel still thousands of time better than those articles where we hear every time A sikh girl is doing wrong with her religion............baki menu v pta hai naam japo kenu kende ne...........