Maryada Broken, Granthi Hands Over Sri Sahib To Michael Hayley

Mehtab Singh

13 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

One look at her dad's dastaar, and I reckon 90% of Republicans wouldn't vote for her. lol

Look at how she is already being portrayed as a chaaploose in the UK.....

It would hurt her with some republicans, but I think most conservative Americans find a special appeal in people from minority backgrounds who disown their background and heritage. Evangelical Christians especially delight in examples of people from "exotic" religious backgrounds who become extreme right-wing Christians (as Haley presents herself). On top of that, Haley married a white guy, has essentially white Christian children, etc.

For conservative Americans who feel like their culture is under attack and in danger of being diluted by foreigners, they relish in examples of what used to be the norm: their own Western Christian culture erasing the culture of others.

By the way, speaking of her dastar-wearing father, how pathetic is he?

Haley seems completely ignorant of Sikhi. These people could not take any time to teach their children basic things and instill a basic attachment to their dharam? Of course, I should not pose these questions as if such things are unusual --- I have seen so many examples of such failure in my extended family.

I have cousins in Canada who grew up with grandparents who basically sat around doing path all day. All four are atheists who are married to or in relationships with non-Sikhs.

48 minutes ago, californiasardar1 said:

It would hurt her with some republicans, but I think most conservative Americans find a special appeal in people from minority backgrounds who disown their background and heritage. Evangelical Christians especially delight in examples of people from "exotic" religious backgrounds who become extreme right-wing Christians (as Haley presents herself). On top of that, Haley married a white guy, has essentially white Christian children, etc.

For conservative Americans who feel like their culture is under attack and in danger of being diluted by foreigners, they relish in examples of what used to be the norm: their own Western Christian culture erasing the culture of others.

I think the ethnic people who do this know that this is the 'fast track' way into the club.  

2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think the ethnic people who do this know that this is the 'fast track' way into the club.  

Yes, of course.

Most ethnic people who gain prominence in conservative circles are obvious phonies who see that they would have little competition in becoming one of the prominent token minorities, so they take the "fast track."

You guys know I'm not a big fan of Sikh "royals," but note how the British elites of the 1800s derived a certain pleasure out of taking someone like Duleep Singh, bringing him to England, converting him to Christianity, marrying him off to a westerner, stripping him of every last drop of his Sikh and Punjabi heritage, and watching him live out his life as an English gentleman. It was their way of flexing and demonstrating their superiority.

White American evangelical Christians derive a similar pleasure from the existence of people like Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal.

With someone like Haley, there is the added primal satisfaction of "taking" another group's women.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:36 AM, californiasardar1 said:

You guys know I'm not a big fan of Sikh "royals," but note how the British elites of the 1800s derived a certain pleasure out of taking someone like Duleep Singh, bringing him to England, converting him to Christianity, marrying him off to a westerner, stripping him of every last drop of his Sikh and Punjabi heritage, and watching him live out his life as an English gentleman. It was their way of flexing and demonstrating their superiority.

Absolutely. His wife Bamba was actually half German and half Ethiopian by the way. A few years ago I spoke to an informed women from a Caribbean background and she told me that colonial goray used to purposefully 'breed' certain different races (they had enslaved) together in their belief that it would dampen down the fierce independent streak they thought certain races innately had - in order to make the offspring more docile and controllable. If they were trying this in M. Daleep Singh's case, they failed, given the later activism of his daughter Sophia.  

White American evangelical Christians derive a similar pleasure from the existence of people like Nikki Haley and Bobby Jindal.

With someone like Haley, there is the added primal satisfaction of "taking" another group's women.

I think western goray like to try and do this in general, not just US evangelicals. I think it stems from the belief of supremacism, and some twisted attempt to demonstrate this. In previous times, when the situation was reversed (white females with moc) - it would be seen as a loss of prestige for them. This is clear from the way goray censored any letters of brown soldiers in WW1 France that referred to sexual relations with white females. Also in how they essentially banned white females from openly having relationships with black men in the US and the Caribbean and also south Africa, but weren't averse to taking black females themselves. They essentially had a carefully constructed system to groom females by isolating them (i.e. moving them from the fields to the house).       

16 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

ertain pleasure out of taking someone like Duleep Singh, bringing him to England, converting him to Christianity, marrying him off to a westerner, stripping him of every last drop of his Sikh and Punjabi heritage, and watching him live out his life as an English gentleman. It was their way of flexing and demonstrating their superiority.

On a slight tangent, I see the Kohinoor is back in the limelight. I see it's still  seems to be giving the possessor's family mad bad luck.....lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11751023/Camillas-decision-wear-Queen-Marys-Crown-coronation-help-avert-rows-experts-say.html

On 2/14/2023 at 9:08 PM, californiasardar1 said:

By the way, speaking of her dastar-wearing father, how pathetic is he?

Haley seems completely ignorant of Sikhi. These people could not take any time to teach their children basic things and instill a basic attachment to their dharam? Of course, I should not pose these questions as if such things are unusual --- I have seen so many examples of such failure in my extended family.

I have cousins in Canada who grew up with grandparents who basically sat around doing path all day. All four are atheists who are married to or in relationships with non-Sikhs.

Well he was OK with her entering beauty pageants and posing in swimsuits while she was a teenager so that tells you all about him. 

Ideally we shouldn't be moving abroad in the first place but we love following the Christian goray around the world.