Need Info On Sai Baba Of Shirdi

shastarSingh

I respect those that believe in God and don't mislead to worship themselves. Just because a saint or person is from a different faith does not mean I should not respect them coz they believe in God also. Exactly who are my own?

I respect who Maharaj ji defines as good and lead us the right way to Waheguru as in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, they have bhagats from different faiths bani. I'm not worried about them, I think u are. It's the fake ones I don't respect.

Awwal Allah Noor Upaya Qudrat Keh Sub Banday

Aik Noor Keh Sub Jag Upajiya Kaun Bhale Ko Mandhe

God created light of which all the beings were born

And from this light, the universe; so who is good and who is bad.

I respect those that believe in God and don't mislead to worship themselves. Just because a saint or person is from a different faith does not mean I should not respect them coz they believe in God also. Exactly who are my own?

I respect who Maharaj ji defines as good and lead us the right way to Waheguru as in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, they have bhagats from different faiths bani. I'm not worried about them, I think u are. It's the fake ones I don't respect.

Awwal Allah Noor Upaya Qudrat Keh Sub Banday

Aik Noor Keh Sub Jag Upajiya Kaun Bhale Ko Mandhe

God created light of which all the beings were born

And from this light, the universe; so who is good and who is bad.

As a Sikh we have to respect the guidance and teachings of our Living Guru, Guru Granth Sahib

and no one eelse.

According to Gurmat, what is the status of sai baba ?

Was he a fake saint ? Are there major contradictions between sai baba's philosophy and Gurmat ?

This Das is nobody to judge anyone, but as far as I understand Gurmat, Saint is only that Purukh who comes directly from the abode of Sach Khand to our level, and as there we all know, it is only Wahiguru who exists there.

So let us take the support of Bani and satisfy our answers.

First of all it says:

Ik Onkar, Satnam.

The Bani tells us, He is the only one Lord, and His Name is Satnam.

And this Truth, is not only stated by our Guru Sahibans, but like all the true Gurmukhs in the SGGS as well.

One does not become a saint, by telling others to do good or remember gods, or by changing one´s attire, or by splashing ashes on one´s body, or by performing miracles and displaying powers, nor inducing us to chant bhajans of the different names of the gods..... no.... nothing of that sort.

Moreover the Bani, reminds us continouslly, that, to reunite our souls with Him, and for merging in Him, the need of Naam or Shabad is essential, by attchaing ourselves to its Simran, which then transports us to Sach Khand.

That is why it is mentioned: Nanak, Naam jahaaz hae.

Moreover :Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya.

As simple as that.

Of course morality is good and is an aid for spiritual progress, but only by being good and doing good, is not enough to get freed from this mayavee creation, something more is neccesary, it is important to attach ourselves to that imeprishable reality, that eternal and changeless Truth, which is Naam or Shabad, the essence of Wahiguru.

So, in this way, take the teachings of any true Saint, we shall find only three baselines in them, as well in the Bani itself:

1) Sadh kee sangat

2) Naam / Shabad-Guru

3) Satnam

Appart from these 3 points, everything is paraphernalia. When everything ceases to exist, these exist forever throughout the ages, the eras, the yugas....as designed by Wahiguru Himself, which no man, no power can change.

That is why Dhan Dhan Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj, tells us the following words in His Bani of Raag Gauri Guaarayree:

Jug Chaarae, Naam Outham Sabadh Beechaar.

Throughout the four ages, the Naam is the ultimate, reflect upon the Word of the Shabad.

So we can see, Gurmat is not difficult at all, it is we who just surf on the surface of the Bani, which is good than nothing, but the real value, and true wealth of the Bani resides in its depth, so by diving deep into it and doing accurately what it tells us to do, we can profit ourselves by getting freely the "akhoot bhandaar" in it, the spiritual treasure, which in short is got, only by His Simran.

Sorry, not only that wealth, but the owner, the maker of that wealth Himself, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Such is the mahanta of Bani....

Waheguru.

Avatars of gods, come to the earth, to restablish law and order of a spiritual order, to punish the evil doers, and and establish righteouness, and moral values once again.

On the contrary, Guru Sahibans, Sant Janas, Gurmukhs, Bhagat Janas, do not come to establish any law for improvement for peace or to make this earth a type of paradise, so that the people can live happily and in harmony.

Undoubtedly, moral values, are needed to tread the spiritual path, they are means, not ends.

Depending on moral actions alone, they are like golden chains on us, and thus we are still prisoners here in the creation.

But as said, the true Saints, come only with the message of Naam from Satnam, Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

They say, do whatever you may, but if you do not practice the devotion of Naam Simran, you shall remain prisoners in this creation.

They say, your True Home is Sach Khand, your True Father is Satnam, and the vehicle to reach there is the Shabad Guru/ Naam.

That is it, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks to the Bani left by our Guru Sahibans, we are blessed with true discrimination, so that we live our lives according to Gurmat and free ourselves once and forever, by cutting all our attachments in this creation with the sword of Naam.

This means, we can not detach our attachments from the creation just like that, unless we attach ourselves with a higher power, which is Nam or Shabad.

And to attach ourselves with His Naam, is to meditate upon it, by His Simran alone.

Waheguru.