Marriage - "caste Problems"

My personal soch... Marry anyone ..dont excuse with castes.. ....... You can marry any girl within the sikhi but not castes .....................worried about relatives ? you going to be married with ? then go for DNA test.. :biggrin2: ...but dont go for same caste names ... Science did a lot of tarakki... inhu positive tarikke naal use kro ............. .. you dont do farming now .. girl does not do any khatri work now (if i guess)...... you are sikh she is sikh... thinking is same professions maybe different but professions do not frame the path to waheguruji.. ... so marry the same girl............. just break the caste barriers ........

GurFateh to all.

Before I start could I please request that only those members reply that actually have sound advice to give and are not here to ridicule. Thanks

I'm 24 years old, and have been introduced through friends to a girl, (as I told them

I am

Looking for a partner for marriage) the girl and I get on extremely well and both have similar future plans.

I have brought this up with my parents, and they have discarded the idea as she is not from "our caste" as they remind me that we are Jatt and she is a Khatri.

As far as we are both concerned, in line with the tenants of Sikhism we aren't doing anything wrong as the Gurus refused any notion of the caste system. Her parents have no problem at all, mine do.

We are in this situation and don't know what to do, could anyone advise?

GurFateh

It's very hard nowadays finding a suitable match, as there is more freedom of thought, but on other hand there isn't as ur parents want same caste. Have u told them about her, or they seen her? That may make a difference, or are they just saying no full stop without knowing about anything about her.

I think u should provide them with more information, if u really want to marry this girl. And also ask why it makes a difference of caste.

You don't want to end up marrying the wrong person and regret it later, and have problems later on if u don't want to marry somebody from the beginning. Explain to them why u want to marry her. And caste should not be an issue. A lot of people marry in caste due to pressure and end up with problems, as they didn't want to. Not saying rebel against ur parents, but this caste issue seems to create tension in families, all need to be happy, and u know ur parents better than anybody, I'm sure they will understand when they see her qualities and she makes u happy.

If u are serious to marry her and know she's the one, if they don't listen to u or u find it hard to explain, then do it with an elder member of ur family who understands, sometimes they understand better from same age group.

Op you should have asked your parents before looking/dating. What you did is called immature behaviour. Do a reality check, will girl & her family accept you if your parents kick you out ? Normally they are interested in what your family has got rather than what you alone can offer.

Yes paji is right here, if ur parents disown u will they help u after? Just saying yes doesn't mean they will support u all the way. And vice versa for girls, make sure both parties are agreeable. Have u thought about the future too? Where will u live, who will support u when u need help? It's not just about getting married and hey ho away we go. Also ur parents will get older n need some support. Some people agree due to wat family can offer and when they can't help that's when things go wrong. So do it properly.

Yes paji is right here, if ur parents disown u will they help u after? Just saying yes doesn't mean they will support u all the way. And vice versa for girls, make sure both parties are agreeable. Have u thought about the future too? Where will u live, who will support u when u need help? It's not just about getting married and hey ho away we go. Also ur parents will get older n need some support. Some people agree due to wat family can offer and when they can't help that's when things go wrong. So do it properly.

Bhein ji you should start a Match Making Service.

There are plenty of members right here on Sikhsangat who need help.