Punjabi Language

JRoudh

Brother just give reference to one person today who in day to day speaks the same punjabi as our great Guru sahibs did. Answer is none, natural evolution from the same period no one speaks the same English, not even the queen of England! Btw no such thing as vocal Gurmukhi punjabi, that is literal.

No one is saying to speak the same language as the Gurus spoke. But Amritsar is a religious Gurmukhi word and not a Punjabi word. Then how can we ruin this word by giving preference to our Punjabi accent over something that Gurus had uttered and holds religious significance? The word Amritsar is in Gurbani a number of times. What is uttered by our Gurus in Gurbani is like a line etched in stone. It cannot be changed by Sikhs. While Punjabi language like all languages can evolve but Gurbani cannot be changed. It should be pronounced exactly the way our Gurus had pronounced it. If our Gurus said Amritsar, then it is Amritsar not Ambarsar even if 99% of Sikhs today mispronounce it Ambarsar. We should never mix what majority demographics do as being correct. Majority of this world has Kalyugi habbits like drinking Sharab and cutting hair or practice Jaat-Paat discrimination, should we all start saying this is correct because majority Sikhs have now starting doing this?

He is saying Amritsar properly as it should be said. No b to be heard anywhere

Agreed Veer ji but a couple of vids he was slightly nasal that was as close as it got to ambarsar (???) but I maintain that he only ever says Amritsar .

I got to tell you nobody in my Nanakey, Dadakey or allied houses to my family have ever said Ambarsar ...that's why I originally asked . Plain lazy ... like 'Sas re kaal ' instead of Sat Sri Akaaalllll !!! why are people murdering our Maa Boli (face palm)

Agreed Veer ji but a couple of vids he was slightly nasal that was as close as it got to ambarsar (???) but I maintain that he only ever says Amritsar .

I got to tell you nobody in my Nanakey, Dadakey or allied houses to my family have ever said Ambarsar ...that's why I originally asked . Plain lazy ... like 'Sas re kaal ' instead of Sat Sri Akaaalllll !!! why are people murdering our Maa Boli (face palm)

The answer to your question is easy. These

people are murdering our Maa Boli because they have more time for their own tribes, rotten caste system, regions than Sikhi.

Another good point. Look at how our Punjabi people have butchered our greetings like how they did it with Amritsar. Instead of saying Sat Sri Akaal, they say Sasrikaal and instead of saying Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji ki Fateh, they say Vai Khalsa Vai Fateh.

These are Gurmukhi words which should not have been changed. They should be preserved in their original form and passed on to the next generation

Another good point. Look at how our Punjabi people have butchered our greetings like how they did it with Amritsar. Instead of saying Sat Sri Akaal, they say Sasrikaal and instead of saying Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji ki Fateh, they say Vai Khalsa Vai Fateh.

These are Gurmukhi words which have been changed. They should be preserved in their original form and passed on to the next generation

Agreed it is so pitiful when kids cannot even pronounce their first names correctly e.g. Karam SIngh becomes Kiram Singh Fatehbir Singh (beautiful) becomes Fthbeerd Sin , it kills me so I just have to ask how they spell then it 'OH you mean FATEH BIR SINGGHH' .

Names get sliced up also either that or the poor kid gets saddled with a nonsense 'modern' name like Oceanpreet Singh (aha ji kya baat hai) Sonali Kiran Kaur (a cousin) of course she's doomed to think more like a hindu.

Agreed it is so pitiful when kids cannot even pronounce their first names correctly e.g. Karam SIngh becomes Kiram Singh Fatehbir Singh (beautiful) becomes Fthbeerd Sin , it kills me so I just have to ask how they spell then it 'OH you mean FATEH BIR SINGGHH' .

Names get sliced up also either that or the poor kid gets saddled with a nonsense 'modern' name like Oceanpreet Singh (aha ji kya baat hai) Sonali Kiran Kaur (a cousin) of course she's doomed to think more like a hindu.

Another great point which needs to be addressed. Just look at our our people have butchered names of our Shaheeds.

The name of our Sahibzada Zoravar Singh jee has been mispronounced by God knows how many people and they don't even know it. Instead of saying ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਰ(Zoraavar) they all say ਜੋਰਾਵਾਰ(Joravaar)

Another great point which needs to be addressed. Just look at our our people have butchered names of our Shaheeds.

The name of our Sahibzada Zoravar Singh jee has been mispronounced by God knows how may people and they don't even know it. Instead of saying ਜ਼ੋਰਾਵਰ(Zoraavar) they all say ਜੋਰਾਵਾਰ(Joravaar)

Veer ji

is it me or do some gutkey publishers miss out bindia from Jaap Sahib e.g. Razak should be jaja pair bindi not plain old jaja ...