Casteism Eating Up Sikhism+ Matrimonial Issues

JSingh01

Har hare, I know what I am, and obviously a Sikh wouldn't be delusional as your thoughts are so go ahead and carry on.

How ironic you call me delusional yet it is you who decide that you're completely right and infallible, then by extension live in a life of baseless assumptions without trying to comprehend anything outside of what any random person will tell you :( It's alright my Hindu Sister, you may flourish yet.

Jake_pat.gif

Guest Jyotsaroop

Sikh sangat jio SSA jiplZ we should follow Gurujis path of Equality .We all r equal belong to one WAHEGURU ...Ek Pita Ekas Ke Hum Barik" plZ nobody is superior or inferior all Hindu Muslim Sikh Isayi Jainism bhuddism n all so many religions their Great Saints n their HOLY books gives the same message of equality n brotherhood plZ dnt argue on small issues n Our Gurujis sacrificed their life for peace in humanity .Bhull chukk muaaf plZ our Gurbani says .....Awall Allah Noor Upaya Kudrat Ke Sab Bande ,Ek Noor Te Sab Jag Upjeya Kaun Bhale Ko Mande..."PlZ it's humble request donot argue donot fight donot hurt each other...EkOAnkAar Satnam Karta purakh nirbhau NirVair AkalMooraT Ajooni Sabaing Gur nprasad Jap Aad Sach Jugad Sach Hai bhi Sach Nanak Hosi bhi SaCh...Everything is happening Cuz Of WAHEGURU ji's HUkAm plZ in every religion they have different rituals to perform We should respect every religion Religious Places religious Holy Books The IDeology given in it n every HolyBook Their great Gurujis n Saints give same message of Brotherhood God is one we all r His Children n AlmiGhTy Loves HIS Children Equally and As Hukme andar sabko bahar Hukam na koi". It's Wahegurujis Wish How What When Where why what should be We r mere toys plZ Dnt quarrel on the Name oF WAHEGURU religion plZ ..May God Bless Us all with True Religion Of Naam Simran Humanity equality Enlightenment...WJKK.WJKF

Guest Jyotsaroop

SSA ji to sikhsangat Veer Kira ji U Got so much Knowledge About Sikhism .U R absolutely right on your behalf but plZ dnt hurt preet sister n jus enlighten all with your good kn owledge . M impressed u hav Vast knowledge but plZ u have Gian but PlZ give it in Way dat everybody get convinced.plZ dnt mind n dnt start argue with me I want to learn more from u .plZ Veer ji u jus Wrote the Definition of Sikhism Religion our Aim of this life according to Gubani plZ throw light on this n plZ I m Sikh too but We all r Sikhs meaning we r still a lot to learn Khalsa means pure n PlZ through Gurbani throw light on these that we all r one m sorry I dnt wana hurt anybdys feelings but want nobdy fight ...Na Ko Bairi nahin Begana Sagal sang humko ban aayi'" WJKK.WJKF

I thought Sri Mata Sahib Devan becomes our Mata ji because she is the mother of Khalsa.

True , because Guru ji had only allowed marriage to Mata ji because she insisted that she would do sewa of Guru ji and panth rather than go home with her Father , she had no children so Guru ji put Khalsa panth in her cholee to be her children.

• 4 years later...
Guest A j singh
On 8/23/2015 at 9:45 PM, Guest MazhabiSingh said:

Ki gall pissu pai gaye saareyan nun hun? Koi comment ni aya.

Sangat nu benti aa galt bhasha na warti jaawe, tusi guru nanak dev ji duan teachings ch yakeen krna kro nhi karna na karo.

Apna apna faith aa.

J tuhanu koi changi gal lgdi aa ohnu follow kro j koi chngi gal nh lgdi ohnu follow na karo. Man ch shanti rakho.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh. 

Nothing wrong with marrying someone of your own caste/background    but when you start thinking your better than another sikh or that your below another sikh because of your caste then you are very wrong and against gurus sikhi.

All the gurus married within their own caste, in fact I dont think there is a single case of a sikh from our ithiaas who marries out of his caste. But at the same time they all ate together regardless of their background.

I have no problem with marrying outside my caste but some Some sikhs have different cultures depending on their caste and these cultures will clash after marriage. Like I come from a very traditional family and I cant see myself marrying someone who is a khatri because culturally they can be very different and our families will just not gel. The cultural difference will get in the way. But at the same time there should be no discrimination.

Regional differences can create cultural clashes aswell. I come from a traditional doabi family and will have to mary some from doaba, not only can the culture be different but the dialect too.

Iike one of my cousins married a girl from a village near amritsar and there have been so many cultural clashes that the marriage almost ended up in divorce. When they used to argue especially the girls mother  you could only understand around 75 % of what shes saying   the rest would be some local amritsar pind words! And the swear words she would say were filthy. 

We all come from diverse backgrounds and its important to take all this into account when getting married especially when you come from a traditional family

If your from a more modern gorafyed family then I doubt any of this would be a problem.

Regardless respect each other and dont see yourself as higher or lower because of your caste. 

On 3/14/2020 at 7:39 AM, puzzled said:

All the gurus married within their own caste, in fact I dont think there is a single case of a sikh from our ithiaas who marries out of his caste. But at the same time they all ate together regardless of their background.

I agree with all you have said. But i think there r sakhis of ppl marrying out of caste. 

The one about the rani who wouldnt lift her veil and went crazy. Later on a woodcutter sikh married her. 

The sakhi where a poor sikh spilled spots of paint on dasam patshah. And guru ji said to slap him . All the niktvarti sikhs ran to slap him and ended up bearing him severly. Guru ji was displeased and said he was supposed to he slapped not beaten. The sikhs all pleaded we were just following hukam. Then guruji said, fine marrynur daughter to him. All were silent. Until one sikh stepped up. 

Also bhai manj that married his daughter to a badmaash. 

On 3/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, puzzled said:

And yet the Sikh Rehat Marayada as per the Akal Thakt is unequivocally against even asking what caste the spouse is and insists that a Sikh is to marry a Sikh regardless of the caste. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji clearly shows that caste is a non-Sikh entity and has no bearing on character etc.

This, however, did not stop the numerically dominant Jats from separating so called lower castes at the village level, differentiating where each caste was to reside in any given village. Why so? Can any person on this forum answer this? 

Isn't it the case that many jats converted to Sikhi after caste abolition by the Sikh Gurus and rather than submit to the casteless protocol of Sikhi, the Jats separated themselves from everyone else (literally at village level) and ensured that the so called lower castes would always be reminded, that they will never be on equal terms. This manifested in separate Regiments (Sikh Regt v Sikh Light Infantry) to this very day. An utterly ridiculous concept that flies in the face of common sense, Sikhi and gurmat.

Until this anti-sikh caste division at the village level is destroyed, the Jats will never allow the casteless Sikh inspired society to flourish, be it in the village, the Regiment, etc.

Only then will Sikhs marry other Sikhs regardless of caste en masse.