Do We Have Free Will Or Not?

Guest Gandalf

Guest Satnaam

Then naturally the question arises, so what is that which can be done with free will in order to gain true freedom?

The answer to this is : His Simran.

How?

Well, by His Simran we do not incurr in any karma as such, then we are doing the bhakti who is truly the only free Supreme Being, and third, by His Simran, we unfold the Nam or Shabad within us, thus we board the vehicle of Naam and reach our True Nujh Ghar Sach Khand.

That is why the Bani says: Nanak Naam jahaz hae, chareh, so utare paar.

The Bani is very simple and clear, it is we manmukhs who have polluted and totally made a mess with the pure paviter Bani of our Beloved Guru Sahibans.

Sat Sree Akal.

Its not just simran we do, its bandgi aswell. Applying the gyan we learn in Gurbani and from God to our daily lives and simran is required.

Treating the mentally ill, maya inflicted people around us as brothers and sisters- refraining from the 5 thieves and lust which the world is obsessed with and practicing good deeds and qualities such as forgiveness, compassion, selfless service and true love etc.

Not believing the Bullsh*t- the slander, the maya principles and ideas that the losers try (sometimes constantly) to sell us, and believing Truth instead 100% without doubt(for there is no room for doubt on the bhagti path).

I went to the gurdwarra today and heard some losers- fools- doing nindya in front of Guru Nanak Ji(who is present in every Gurdwarra in the world). How many of you do this?

We are the societal outcastes- when we hear slander, we shut it down and our mouths never utter such false statements, because in His court, it is a Huge crime, not to mention a reflection on ones own insecure, dicontent and angry self. We live free of the conditioning of the gimmick of society while still living in the world truthfully.

Remember Guru Ji said Truth is highest, but higher still is Truthful Living.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think there is any freewill. What we deem our free will ( discretion to make decision) directly depends on factors not under our control- our social conditioning since our birth, our sphere of knowledge,our family background, education limit our decisuin making skills

Its not just simran we do, its bandgi as well. Applying the gyan we learn in Gurbani and from God to our daily lives and simran is required.

Treating the mentally ill, maya inflicted people around us as brothers and sisters- refraining from the 5 thieves and lust which the world is obsessed with and practicing good deeds and qualities such as forgiveness, compassion, selfless service and true love etc.

Not believing the Bullsh*t- the slander, the maya principles and ideas that the losers try (sometimes constantly) to sell us, and believing Truth instead 100% without doubt(for there is no room for doubt on the bhagti path).

I went to the gurdwarra today and heard some losers- fools- doing nindya in front of Guru Nanak Ji(who is present in every Gurdwarra in the world). How many of you do this?

We are the societal outcastes- when we hear slander, we shut it down and our mouths never utter such false statements, because in His court, it is a Huge crime, not to mention a reflection on ones own insecure, dicontent and angry self. We live free of the conditioning of the gimmick of society while still living in the world truthfully.

Remember Guru Ji said Truth is highest, but higher still is Truthful Living.

Brother Satnam, Sat Sree Akal.

Your posts are quite uplifting, but let me tell you, for me Simran is bandagee, is devotion.

Maybe you want to refer to " rehnee karnee", which you mention in your line below, to the practices of good deeds and putting virtues in action as : selfless service, true love, forgiveness, compassion....

All this is very good indeed, as it softens our stone hardened hearts, and dye us with these divine virtues......

And in my personal opinion, I do agree, when you say Truth is Highest, but higher is still truthful living.

I do not want to underestimate your view, neither to create any controversy, but I would definetely say, we all agree Wahiguru Akal Purukh is the ultimate Truth, but when it comes to truthful living, I do not think, truthful living means doing only good karmas as mentioned above, because they will at most get one to Swarg, Baikunth or a heavenly paradise, for a certain period of time.

Of course, this type of truthful living is necessary for spiritual practices/devotion, but in the end, if depending on it alone, it is after all a type of chaining, of bonds in this very creation. With the only difference, that, we changed from iron chains, to golden chains, but in the end, we are still prisoners.

So, as said, in my opinion, our Guru Sahibans, Bhagats or Sant Jan, when refered to truthful living, could not mean, something which will bind us, that is not their purpose, they want our permanent liberation from the cycle of 84.

So let us ask ourselves, what can that truthful living be?

For that, let us see, what is Truth first.

As said above, Wahiguru Akal Purukh, is the one highest and ultimate Truth.

So what is Truthful living?

It means, to live being absorbed in that very Truth.

And what is that living and being absorbed in that Truth?

And to answer this question, we come back to the base of sikhee, which beautifully and in simple words says:

awar kaaj tere kite na kam, mil Sadh Sangat bhaj kewal Nam

So we can see, bhaj kewal Nam, is living and being absorbed in that ultimate Truth, which in other words, is known as His Simran..

So now, we may ask, why His Simran is the Truthful living?

Because, it is the only bhajan bandagee, devotion, bhakti, which not only makes us pure paviter, and fills us with true wisdom, but also makes us truly humble,( which is a very compulsory virtue to enter in His Darbar), and ultimately it merges our soul drop consciousness, in that Ultimate Truth.

So only this can be the Truthful living, without any such bondages of creating good karma, as it fulfills the purpose, of our merging in that Highest Truth.

That is why also, the Bani says: Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya.

Here, Har japeeya is the Truthful living, and Har hoeeya, is the consequence of that Truthful living

Bhul chuk maaf jee.

Sat Sree Akal

Guest Satnaam

Hi Harsharan ji. Naam is Truth- it is a frequency of a balanced gyan that lives to discover while remaining detached from the nasha of the discoveries( highs n lows).

Bandgee, doing good deeds etc can bring us to the Truth frequency ie Naam ie, Simran. If u relax u can listen to the anhad naad, the ringing sound u can hear- this is symbolic of the Silence/naam/Truth- our True state.

It is the primal sound as in Truth, not even sound exists, only Nothing. U may find that when u work hard, or do seva, u hear this sound. And so my friend, it all ties in together. Truth is Truth, it is All pervading, it is ever present. All we see, hear, feel is an illusion, its all Him, its all Truth- Naam- all derived from beyond the Primal sound, from the Silence.

Simran is meditation, just by merely remebering truth- seeing Him in All, we are propelled into the Truth Frequnecy, vibrating at our natural level.

Try it, look at objects around u and recognise and say, Father, I know its You- and see how your frequency rises.

I personally wake at 1am in the morning with the Gurus Grace and do naam simran for 2.5 hrs minimum, i go deep into it and try and stay deeply grounded in it during the day- to keep the samadhi going, remebering/applying Truth Gyan- esp the important tenants of Nirbau and Nirvair, being all Loving and Fearless in recognising Truth in All.

Bhudda said that a man cannot not live without spirituality. This is how we truly live, by being spiritual- silencing the mind until we can just feel within our beings and learning the truth of the reality around us and doing truthful deeds, earning honest livings, being good to others- reacting beyond the 5 theives etc. It all ties in together.

God Bless You and may the True Bhagats rise in Truth and always be victorious.

Satnaam

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think there is any freewill. What we deem our free will ( discretion to make decision) directly depends on factors not under our control- our social conditioning since our birth, our sphere of knowledge,our family background, education limit our decisuin making skills

if there No FREE WILL>>>>>>then why me you in the Lakh chaurasi joons ??

it's our own doing and wrong wills that we be kept out of Liberate MUKHti >>>.......agree ??

Bro, even your reaction is limited by your knowledge( or lack of it) . That is my point - What seems to us our freewill is limited by place , time (period or kaal) our social and academic grooming , hence actually the freewill does not exist . Bhana, Hukam,Razaa are the facts you should understand befoe commenting on freewill

Do not kniw what sis kaurss wants to convet

free will comes under dubida (double mindedness). wherever there is duality, there is the illusion of free will. and this is less than 1%.

depending on the level of thinking and avastha of an individual, they will have different understandings of the entire play of god. so..

1. we are not destined to go to heaven or hell. - this is true. our deeds govern this.

2. we are all destined to go to God. - this is also true, this is the ultimate reality.

our ultimate endpoint is to merge back into God, even if we have to go through hell to get to this stage. but we all will.

naam simran gets us above duality and towards aekta. (ekta). oneness.

thats all free will is.

When people say things like "free as a bird" etc, do you think these birds have a choice or are they on auto-pilot controlled by instinct etc? Maybe we are on auto pilot too just we have more choices to make and different contsraints to deliberate?

When you woke up this morning you decided to bath, brush etc you had a choice. Wearing what color turban white, black etc......... All choices are acts of self definition. You largely decide who you are based on the choices you make. Yes agreed most people are sleepwalking with instincts. Making a conscious choice of choosing Naam (Whaeguru) over Maya is a choice of individuals free will.