What Jews Have In Common With Sikhs

Big_Tera

Here are the following reasons why Jews have a low population like Sikhism, Depending on your point of view, different reasons will be "more true" than the others.

The following are reason why Jewish Population is so small even though it is older then Christianity and Islam.

It says in the Torah that the Jewish people, will be as numerous as the stars in the sky and the sands by the sea. However, it also says that we will be a minority amongst the nations. So while we may be uncountable, we will remain small compared to other nations of our age.

While Judaism is generally understood to be a religion, it is also a nation. Comparing it to the population of Christianity and Islam then becomes an odd comparison, since Christianity and Islam is made up of members from many many nations. Using that standard, the Jewish people have a population in comparable size to other old nations such as Greece, Zimbabwe, or Senegal.

Outside of Israel, Judaism has never been a religion that proselytizes. (Tries to convert people) In contrast, Christianity and Islam try to convert as many people as possible. In the early years of Islam this was done by waging wars against nations, and with Christianity this was done by missionaries all over the globe.

Over the many centuries of Jewish existence, the Jewish people have been the subject of attack and ridicule. After the destruction of the first temple, the Jewish population was killed off so that only 35% of the population remained. After the holocaust, fully 66% of European Jews were killed. The many pogroms and exiles, as well as various campaigns of forced conversions, has over the centuries greatly reduced the Jewish population. In comparison, Christian and Islamic conflicts have only ever killed a maximum of ~10% of their population.

Bro I don't think sikh community should make effort to b friends with jews cos Jews have a hidden agenda n it's been proven they own almost all the media which promotes filth they at also key members of the homosexual and feminist movements

LOL i thought this was a serious comment until i got to: "key members of the homosexual and feminist movements".

What do we have in common ? you ask.

Well, alot, but most of all the Turban.

You see, the Jewish scriptures prescribed the wrapping of the turban on the head as the thing that crowns the Jew with glory. As such, Jews wore turbans. It was the sign of a Jew.

Then Islam came along and as we all know, Islam basically took on all things Jewish and claimed them for himself and his faith. Thus, the turban became the Arab's crown of glory. They then made it official with the Pact of Omar. This pact ordained that nobody but muslims are allowed to wear a turban, with Jews liable for punishment by death if they disobeyed this order.

Then along came we Sikhs, who took this crowning glory back and placed it on the heads of men that deserved it.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ

Like Sikhs, the Bnei Yisrael (Children of Israel) have huge respect for religious scripture.

Writing a Torah scroll is a religious act. First and foremost, a kosher Torah scroll must be hand-written. This is done by a sofer (scribe), a specially trained individual who is devout and knowledgeable in the laws governing the proper writing and assembling of a scroll.

Manuscript Torah scrolls are still used, and still scribed, for ritual purposes (i.e., religious services); this is called a Sefer Torah ("Book [of] Torah"). They are written using a painstakingly careful methodology by highly qualified scribes.

It is believed that every word, or marking, has divine meaning, and that not one part may be inadvertently changed lest it lead to error.

The fidelity of the Hebrew text of the Tanakh, and the Torah in particular, is considered paramount, down to the last letter: translations or transcriptions are frowned upon for formal service use, and transcribing is done with painstaking care.

An error of a single letter, ornamentation, or symbol of the 304,805 stylized letters that make up the Hebrew Torah text renders a Torah scroll unfit for use, hence a special skill is required and a scroll takes considerable time to write and check.

Sikhs have a duty to review and improve the processes we use for satkar of Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Maharaj Ji.

They too cover their scriptures always , only uncovering to read , they even use a point rather than run fingers on the scriptures. Satkar is MINIMUM requirement , just the starting point then comes everything else . What does it say about us that we can't even get that MINIMUM requirement right?

What does it say about us that we can't even get that MINIMUM requirement right?

No, only paying lip service to their faith it says more about us being better overhaul as a community. 99% of THEM are secularist only paying lip service to their faith when it comes to national identity. Overhaul, throughout Israel, America and especially India (where the Jewish Isreali tourists have a notorious reputation of being India's biggest drug dealers and pimps) they have a reputation of living a very hedonist non-religious lifestyle.

Trust me, the percentage of our community who fall into those bad brackets is a hellava lot lower than them.

No, only paying lip service to their faith it says more about us being better overhaul as a community. 99% of THEM are secularist only paying lip service to their faith when it comes to national identity. Overhaul, throughout Israel, America and especially India (where the Jewish Isreali tourists have a notorious reputation of being India's biggest drug dealers and pimps) they have a reputation of living a very hedonist non-religious lifestyle.

Trust me, the percentage of our community who fall into those bad brackets is a hellava lot lower than them.

my own experience of Jewish people (school, college uni and work) is they don't like to mix too much with coloured peoples, they have a superiority attitude to everyone (guess bcos they believe they are the chosen) very suspicious of other cultures and their motives. Two colleagues from university knew them for four years only ever had a two minute conversation with them in that time , not from lack of trying on my part , the final year , final term they revealed that they never realised I was Sikh (wear dastar) otherwise they would have talked to me ... DOH, they thought I was Muslim ???

They went through their holocaust and persecution now they are the persecutors ...way to go , Jewish nation you learned to be like those you hate (Hitler) ....Waheguru kirpa karen WE in the SIkh kaum never lose our focus and become like the Indian Government and our oppressors, so far we have a chance to stop the rot.

You wanna see and hear what their (Isreali Jews) reputation is in India. Through ignorance (and some racism) people are quick to pin the blame on black Africans but the reality is that the Jews (Isrealis) are the cause of a massive drug industry in every major city in India. In India, it is commonly said that if you want drugs in the big cities you just follow the star of David signs. You've never met more arrogant people in ypur life and a quick google search on 'isrealis in India' makes for some very interesting reading

But this hedonistic lifestyle really is the norm with most jews. Very very few of them are actually religious, but most are heavily into also sorts of hedonistic and immmoral pastimes.

But....the minute you knock them and point out their shortcomings they 'all of a sudden' become Jewish which automatically makes you an anti-semite. They'll call you an anti-semite even if you're an Arab, which is weird because the Arabs are also semites, which would mean the Arab hates himself. :wow:

Jews have been through a lot. For 2000 years they lived as 2nd class citizens. The land of Israel was their original homeland. Most question why they should even have their own state. When the Muslims had power they had conquered and ruled over the holy land from the Christians. Then when the Christians in the form of Crusaders were powerful enough they reconquered the holy land for Christianity. Then the Muslims under Saladin reconquered this territory for Islam. Now the Jews are powerful and they have won this land in the name of Judaism. So this small piece of land had exchanged hands many times. Personally I feel we should remain neutral in this dispute and not chose sides.