Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

JSinghnz

I agree one of the reasons why some Sikhs are converting to other beliefs is because they are brought up way to liberalised hence these Sikhs dont take the rightfull path of Sikhism seriously are are swayed by preachers from other religions. This also sets a bad example to the youth who think Sikhs will celebrate anything. I think it is more to do about Sikhs will use any excuse to have a good drink. Lets face it christmas is not a religious occasion anyway its a time to get together and take out the whisky bottles and roast chicken.

Obviously if your like me having a few drinks over Christmas is not gonna make us any less Sikh. Infact it shows how strong we are in our faith that we can celebrate christmas and not feel threatened. But I think we should definantly not be putting any trees up and decorations as apart from looking ridiculous it sets a bad exaple to the youth. We should be celebrating more Sikh occasions. W

Muslims on the other hand will not celebrate Christmas because they have an inferiority complex with Christianity as Islam is a mixture of christian and Jewish beliefs mixed with some arab tradions and hey presto you have Islam. Hnece these people feel tenderhearted by chritianity

Sure, in the same way please celebrate Id, Shivratri, Ramnoami too.

Guest Jacfsing2

Tera Kiya Meetha laage, so this is how you twist meaning of Bani in order to celebrate and party when the Sahibzaade became Shaheeds? history is witness how when the Sahibzaade became Shaheeds, the entire Sikh Panth was sad(not happy like you). They then took a terrible revenge against Wazir Khan and the city of Sirhind. And yes Shia Muslims are better than those Sikhs who have forgotten the Shaheedi of the Sahibzaade and celebrate and live merrily and cheerfully when one of the worst things happened in Sikh history.

If you want to celebrate this time of the year, then go to the Gurdwara, do more Paath, Simran in remembrance of Guru Gobind Singh Jee whose matchless sons became Shaheeds. The Chhote Sahibzaade were even tortured before being bricked alive. How can you feel happy during Christmas knowing that? Thori Ji Sharam karo

In 1978, Visakhi, 13 shaheeds left the Earth, we still celebrate Visakhi and remember their sacrifices.

In 1978, Visakhi, 13 shaheeds left the Earth, we still celebrate Visakhi and remember their sacrifices.

Difference is Vaisakhi is a Sikh holiday not a non Sikh holiday like Christmas, Eid, Honoka, Janamastmi. Christmas(whether you see it as a pagan day or Christ birth day) is not a Sikh holiday. It has no significance for a Sikh. On the other hand, Sahibzaade Shaheedi Divas is right there and then when you are joyfully celebrating Christmas. It is without a doubt one of the most tragic parts of Sikh history. The Sahibzaade Shaheedi is such that even the most stone hearted person who has even an iota of pyar for Guru Gobind Singh Jee is moved to tears hearing it.

Guest Jacfsing2

Difference is Vaisakhi is a Sikh holiday not a non Sikh holiday like Christmas, Eid, Honoka, Janamastmi. Christmas(whether you see it as a pagan day or Christ birth day) is not a Sikh holiday. It has no significance for a Sikh. On the other hand, Sahibzaade Shaheedi Divas is right there and then when you are joyfully celebrating Christmas. It is without a doubt one of the most tragic parts of Sikh history. The Sahibzaade Shaheedi is such that even the most stone hearted person who has even an iota of pyar for Guru Gobind Singh Jee is moved to tears hearing it.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji didn't cry, he said,"So what if my 4 sons are gone, I still have these thousands of sons".

Guru Gobind Singh Ji didn't cry, he said,"So what if my 4 sons are gone, I still have these thousands of sons".

When did I say Guru jee cried? Guru Sahib was one of Vaheguru. Guru Jee is beyond dukh. But the average Sikh when he found out of the Shaheedi of Sahibzaade was sad. When Baba Banda Singh Bahadur became a Singh and learnt of what happened to Sahibzaade, he vowed to do Sodha of the Dushts who had committed the atrocity. The entire Panth wanted to take revenge for what happened and this became a rallying point where Sikhs from Malwa, Doaba and Majha all came together for attack on Sirhind. Wazir Khan and anyone connected to Shaheedi of Sahibzaade was dispatched to Jamlok. So ferocious was the attack by Singhs that Sirhind never recovered after that. And still to date battle of Sirhind is regarded as one of the greatest victories for the Sikhs.

There are some events in Sikh history that touches every Sikh in the heart. Shaheedi of Guru Sahibs and Chaar Sahibzaade are such that faithful Sikhs till date get full of Bairaag hearing what happened. In recent times, the attack on Darbar Sahib in 1984 was also such an event which touches the soul of every Sikh.

If you want to celebrate an aanmat holiday when the Chaar Sahibzaade became Shaheed that is your choice. But as a Sikh, me and JSinghnz feel we should inform fellow Sikhs that this is really Sharamnaak for a Sikh to celebrate Christmas when something so tragic happened. We should instead remember their Shaheedis and do more Paaths and Simran in remembrance of Guru Gobind Singh Jee