Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

JSinghnz

good on ya >>>kiddo>>>>

at least ya thought about it and gave it some dhyaan>

my turning point came when we started rehat and my missus said that there aint no turkey allowed>>>> :stupidme: :wow:

I thought>>>well wots the point with all the rest then>> :excited:

Great to know that you started rehat but did someone not tell you that after following rehat you are not justajatt anymore but a real man now.

Last year we had a very robust discussion here about the hollowness of some Sikhs who put Christmas trees in their houses.

Lot of us learnt from that discussion and agreed to stop following this mindless ritual at their houses.

I hope this trend is followed by more and more Sikhs all over the world.

Like Johny explained clearly,

"It is not befitting of a Sikh of the Guru to put up a Christmas tree in his/her house. Firstly we are not Christians that we need to celebrate this holyday of Yasoo Masee. Secondly if your excuse is that you are celebrating it because it is a European pagan holyday, then please do your self a favour and look at yourself in the mirror and see for yourself, YOU ARE NOT A GORA! so stop trying to act like a coconut because that's exactly what you are if you celebrate by putting up a Christmas tree.

A Sikh should be very careful living in the west. If you celebrate these non Sikh holydays with your family what kind of sanskaars are you giving to your children? you are basically confusing your children who will grow up thinking it is perfectly okay to celebrate Christmas and by extention Hanakah and even Eid! then we wonder where we went wrong when our confused girls grow up marrying Muslims and Christians.

Buying your children stuff during this time of the year one should give it to them like it is any other time of the year. Don't make it look like something special by gift wrapping it like you are giving it to them because it's. Don't confuse your children by making them think Christmas is a special day."

Last year we had a very robust discussion here about the hollowness of some Sikhs who put Christmas trees in their houses.

Lot of us learnt from that discussion and agreed to stop following this mindless ritual at their houses.

I hope this trend is followed by more and more Sikhs all over the world.

Like Johny explained clearly,

"It is not befitting of a Sikh of the Guru to put up a Christmas tree in his/her house. Firstly we are not Christians that we need to celebrate this holyday of Yasoo Masee. Secondly if your excuse is that you are celebrating it because it is a European pagan holyday, then please do your self a favour and look at yourself in the mirror and see for yourself, YOU ARE NOT A GORA! so stop trying to act like a coconut because that's exactly what you are if you celebrate by putting up a Christmas tree.

A Sikh should be very careful living in the west. If you celebrate these non Sikh holydays with your family what kind of sanskaars are you giving to your children? you are basically confusing your children who will grow up thinking it is perfectly okay to celebrate Christmas and by extention Hanakah and even Eid! then we wonder where we went wrong when our confused girls grow up marrying Muslims and Christians.

Buying your children stuff during this time of the year one should give it to them like it is any other time of the year. Don't make it look like something special by gift wrapping it like you are giving it to them because it's. Don't confuse your children by making them think Christmas is a special day."

If you'd done your research the tree has no affiliation with Christianity whatsoever. Over the years it's been associated with Christmas but it's more to do with nature from the pagan days.

The laziness of Granthis and Gianis have made Sikhs refer to Sikh Festivals as Diwali, Holi etc etc. It's only now that Bandhi Chor Divas has been used, Hola Maholla. Ignorance is thus created.

Tera Kiya Meetha laage, so this is how you twist meaning of Bani in order to celebrate and party when the Sahibzaade became Shaheeds? history is witness how when the Sahibzaade became Shaheeds, the entire Sikh Panth was sad(not happy like you). They then took a terrible revenge against Wazir Khan and the city of Sirhind. And yes Shia Muslims are better than those Sikhs who have forgotten the Shaheedi of the Sahibzaade and celebrate and live merrily and cheerfully when one of the worst things happened in Sikh history.

If you want to celebrate this time of the year, then go to the Gurdwara, do more Paath, Simran in remembrance of Guru Gobind Singh Jee whose matchless sons became Shaheeds. The Chhote Sahibzaade were even tortured before being bricked alive. How can you feel happy during Christmas knowing that? Thori Ji Sharam karo

You want Sikhs to do Ashura? self flagellation in memory of Shaheed Sahibs?? lol. Chardi Kala is said for a reason, commemorate but do not mourn is the message of the Guru Sahib Ji.

You want Sikhs to do Ashura? self flagellation in memory of Shaheed Sahibs?? lol. Chardi Kala is said for a reason, commemorate but do not mourn is the message of the Guru Sahib Ji.

Did I say Sikhs should do Ashura? Did I say Sikhs should do self flagellation? did you even read my post properly before replying? I said Sikhs should spend those says by doing more Paath and Simran in remembrance of Guru Sahib whose sons had given the ultimate sacrifice instead of cheerfully celebrating Christmas which is not even a Sikh holiday

Great to know that you started rehat but did someone not tell you that after following rehat you are not justajatt anymore but a real man now.

callin meself jatt is my own problem and my weakness>>>>

At least i'm man enuff to admit my problem>>..my other weakness is krodh>>but i try>i try>>>and im tryin>>>