Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

JSinghnz

Its not about celebrating any festivals. Christianity is not a threat to Sikhism. we can Join in the festivities and will not harm any sensible Sikh.

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, Christianity is a religion like Islam which converts. Many panjabi's have converted to Christianity in the uk and in the panjab.

To celebrate other religious festivals is mannmatt. To respect them and others celebrating them is gurmat.

Jews are not a threat as in converting Sikhs to Judaism, we do not celebrate pass over.

WJKK WJKF

Question to sangat ji,

How would we western Sikhs take to Sikhs decorating their homes with Christmas Trees and lights to mark Christmas, with Santa stops outside especially in sirhind and all over panjab?

kiwi jsinghnz said ...Sad to hear about your tightness and habit of buying Christmas gifts for your putt.

Funny thing is that your so anti-christmas trees because you as little kid>> got slapped up by your own mum cuz you be asking for christmas presents as rest of the kids at school played with theirs all thru holiday.

>>>then you grew up as rebel wanting to express your own oppressed and bashed up childhood>>>so you go round bullying others who give their own kids presents>>>> you like the GRINCH thing with one ugly green kiwi face

In one breath you want to say others are not acting sensibly and in the second breath you call others on here who do not agree with your ridiculous ideas as kids. Learn how to behave before you start preaching. This right here shows you have no sense.

deja vu

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/76105-multiple-ids-repeated-by-troublemakers/?p=621250

Guest Jacfsing2

Celebrating Christmas doesn't really mean anything, as we aren't actually doing what Jesus would do, I do think it's more complex of an issue, which is subjective. The Rehat Maryada doesn't explicitly say we can't celebrate Christmas, but does say to have allegiance to Sikhi alone. If it's that big of a deal, we could call it x-mass.

Honestly, I don't think we should be celebrating Christmas, as AT THE ROOTS, it has ties to another religion, and December is a gloomy time for Sikh history BUT if you do decide to have a tree and have some presents I'm not going to waste time getting after you... The reason for me just Not caring too much is there is so some MORE IMPORTANT STUFF GOING ON WE NEED TO FOCUS ON! What is it like over 10 pages of this now? Maaf karo Ji honestly if I'm offending anyone... A buisiness man in Cali, with the SGPC is opening a HUGE PRINTING PRESS to turn Guru Granth Sahib ji into a wholesale product, Sikhlink.com has saroops printed in a factory in china, shipped in containers, Noormahalia Cult has agan bhet a saroop, Bhai Gurbaksh singh ji is on a fast to death for our Singh Soorme trapped in jail.

I am by no means a great sikh, or even a good sikh, but we need to come together at ALL our local gurughars, and take action, brainstorm what we can do, surge onto social media and ACT!

The reason for me just Not caring too much is there is so some MORE IMPORTANT STUFF GOING ON WE NEED TO FOCUS ON! What is it like over 10 pages of this now? Maaf karo Ji honestly if I'm offending anyone... A buisiness man in Cali, with the SGPC is opening a HUGE PRINTING PRESS to turn Guru Granth Sahib ji into a wholesale product, Sikhlink.com has saroops printed in a factory in china, shipped in containers, Noormahalia Cult has agan bhet a saroop, Bhai Gurbaksh singh ji is on a fast to death for our Singh Soorme trapped in jail.

More info on the business man in Cali... If u mean California. That's my area n I could act...tell us here or another topic whatevs best