Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

JSinghnz

You guys its already Dec 21st n today's the vade Sahibzade's shaheedi...n the whole point of this topic was that we should let this time be a remembrance of the shaheeds...So as long we share the ithiaas with our kids and sirdanjeli bhet karde then by all means have trees n cakes n presents..so all: Wat u doing for today n DEC 26(shote sahibzade shaheedi)?

Esp those who are for Trees ;)

I will be reading 7 aukhian raata by bhai veer singh

You guys its already Dec 21st n today's the vade Sahibzade's shaheedi...n the whole point of this topic was that we should let this time be a remembrance of the shaheeds...So as long we share the ithiaas with our kids and sirdanjeli bhet karde then by all means have trees n cakes n presents..so all: Wat u doing for today n DEC 26(shote sahibzade shaheedi)?

Esp those who are for Trees ;)

I will be reading 7 aukhian raata by bhai veer singh

I am reading SIKHAN DI BHAGAT MALA....so I can learn from Bhai Mani SIngh ji just as the confused sikhs after Guru Gobind SIngh ji and Banda Singh Bahadur did, how to be a true Gursikh and be unafraid to follow in their steps

It is incredibly cretinous to bring 'holi' into any conversation about xmas trees.

Holi is a crass, obscene and ribald carnival of immorality. No person of any moral fibre, whether religious or not, would partake in it. Its origins are obviously the commeration of krishna's orgy conquests of the cow-girls but the way it is commemerated is almost as disgusting as the thing that is being commemorated itself :Drugged-up mental mayhem.

They way some of you here are continously equating this despicable 'festival' with the practice of our children being jolly and happy by opening their little presents and having a little xmas tree demonstrates very well, I think how many of you have lost your way in a very very sad and surprising way.

What you said will hurt a lot of hindu peoples sentiments and this is simply not true. If you support Sikhs celebrating Christmas what's wrong with celebrating holi then? Christmas has roots to a pagan cult and you said earlier that Christmas is not about Christianity anymore fair enough but holi is mostly about just being festive spending time with your family and throwing colors at eachother so why celebrate Christmas and not holi also y not fast n observe eid? Look the Christian people are not celebrating any of our holidays so why submit to them and celebrate there's? our community tries way to hard in trying to fit in it's kinda going way too far

You learn your history.

I got a funny feeling you might be one of those that takes his 'facts' from wikipedia so might well come back again quoting some lovely wholesome family-friendly story about the moon etc. You'd be wrong to do so but that is the limit of your knowledge of 'history' isn't it my friend ?

I took a look at wikipedia and even the worst source for rich knowledge has the facts more accurate than you. You have a hinduphobia and it's the reason you would accept any story, which will degrade an Avtar of "Hinduism" like Krishna. Krishna was not part of any religion. People like you put divides and boxes around Krishna you cannot understand. Krishna was an Avtar sent by Vaheguru and made many mistakes, but not the one your hinduphobia mind constructed to dishonor an Avtar sent by Vaheguru and then the event was celebrated as Holi. Maharaja Ranjit Singh married a Muslim woman because of her looks......I won't get graphic, but everyone knows what this means. All you Sikhs get on edge and start rolling your sleeves ready to have a fist match because someone so called speaks bad of Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the Sikh Kingdom King.

I am scared to mention how Vaisakhi was changed in the same manner as Holi by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji because you would make up another story to degrade one of the Avtars sent by Vaheguru.

You learn your history.

I got a funny feeling you might be one of those that takes his 'facts' from wikipedia so might well come back again quoting some lovely wholesome family-friendly story about the moon etc. You'd be wrong to do so but that is the limit of your knowledge of 'history' isn't it my friend ?

No Sikhseeker, you're obviously having problems reading what I've written in the English language. I clearly stated that those who keep equating this lovely jolly time for our children to open up their presents and have a little tree with the disgusting ribald festival of 'holi' have clearly "lost their way".

If I remember correctly Sikseeker, you asked if it was then ok for Sikhs in Punjab to have xmas trees and I clearly gave you an answer , i.e the 'horses for courses' answer.

Was the answer so good that you'd like it repeated a second time ?

WJKK WJKF

You arogantly respond to peoples posts by insulting their intelligence like how you have just done to Akalifauj on his knowledge, yet you will not give a link to the stats of your "99.99%" of people not celebrating Christmas in a religious way? You missed this answer put numerous times, however I'm waiting for another insulting reply from you, or is it gonna be a "no comment" again because your at the tip of clinching and winning this "argument" lol. You also never answered on your integration within British society and culture of the Pub? Please refer back to my post and give a full response to all my questions.

Stats please?

I also find it amusing how you, on this site like to shun other people who as yourself, live by their caste and culture and try to fit it in with sikhi. I also like your pick a mix rehat maryada. The very fact that you think that your a walking, historical fact knowing, learning bank for our children is funny.

Anyway, what you doing for Easter bro?

What you said will hurt a lot of hindu peoples sentiments

Well boo hoo. Thats so sad.

but holi is mostly about just being festive spending time with your family and throwing colors at eachother

No. Holi is mostly about getting drugged up, having a green light to molest females and general ribaldy. If thats your idea of 'family' fun, then I can only conclude you're either a member of the Adamms or Manson family.

what's wrong with celebrating holi then?

Because our tenth master, knowing far more than you about the disgusting nature of holi, specifically mentioned 'Holi' as something we should not partake in.

Any more silly questions ?

Krishna was an Avtar sent by Vaheguru and made many mistakes, but not the one your hinduphobia mind constructed to dishonor an Avtar sent by Vaheguru and then the event was celebrated as Holi.

Oh you silly little man. Sikhs do not believe in "avatars" as god coming down in human form. So when Sikhi mentions the word 'krishna' it does so as a metaphor, for example from SGGS ji:

"The Beloved Himself is the milk-maid and Krishna; He Himself herds the cows in the woods".

The message being twofold, to the masses at that time who believed in a krishna as an avatar...i.e god in human form, that Waheguru is as much the cows in the woods as he is krishna and what you call god is immaterial...be it Allah, Krishna, God etc..

yet you will not give a link to the stats of your "99.99%" of people not celebrating Christmas in a religious way?

:omg: Is THAT what you've been asking for sikhseeker ? Stats for 99% ?

Surely you knew I was waxing lyrical when I picked the highest percentage figure I could, didn't you ?

Surey you understand how, given that most people (in the UK) don't do anything 'Jesusy' on xmas it was fair to say 99% ?

Well boo hoo. Thats so sad.

No. Holi is mostly about getting drugged up, having a green light to molest females and general ribaldy. If thats your idea of 'family' fun, then I can only conclude you're either a member of the Adamms or Manson family.

Because our tenth master, knowing far more than you about the disgusting nature of holi, specifically mentioned 'Holi' as something we should not partake in.

Any more silly questions ?

Oh you silly little man. Sikhs do not believe in "avatars" as god coming down in human form. So when Sikhi mentions the word 'krishna' it does so as a metaphor, for example from SGGS ji:

"The Beloved Himself is the milk-maid and Krishna; He Himself herds the cows in the woods".

The message being twofold, to the masses at that time who believed in a krishna as an avatar...i.e god in human form, that Waheguru is as much the cows in the woods as he is krishna and what you call god is immaterial...be it Allah, Krishna, God etc..

:omg: Is THAT what you've been asking for sikhseeker ? Stats for 99% ?

Surely you knew I was waxing lyrical when I picked the highest percentage figure I could, didn't you ?

Surey you understand how, given that most people (in the UK) don't do anything 'Jesusy' on xmas it was fair to say 99% ?

WJKK WJKF

No, you see. That's the whole point, You have made a huge assumption based on your own understanding and environment, which in this case you simply can't because you do not know the real percentage which in your view is 99%, but really it's not. In your locality, you may live in a more ethnic area however I don't and in my area many people celebrate Christmas Religiously. That's why your opinion is fundamentally flawed, as again it is Mann mammatt and against the grain of the rehat maryada.

Also, the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji mahraj does not state that the devte/devia never existed. It is not a metaphor, it simply means that Akal purakh waheguru is in all creation, even the devte/devia.

Again, what you got planned for Easter?

Gursikhs used to carry out Nitnem/Abhyaas of 'Pandriyaa' in these days from 1st Poh to 15th Poh.

It was carried out in Loving remembrance of Great Sacrifice done by Family of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib in these first two weeks of Poh. Guruji's Four Sons, Mataji and Beloved Gursikhs (Including 3 Pyaare) attained Shaheediya in these days. These were the days which were considered highly spiritual and Powerful by Gursikhs as it is believed Shaheedi Faujan do beant Kirpa on Gursikhs who do abhyaas in these days.

Maryada which was followed by Gursikhs -

Amritvela, Naam Abhyaas, Baani Jaap starting at 1 am.
Read as much Baani as possible in Day time.
Do Kirtan and Vichaar of Guru Sahib's and Shaheeds Itihaas in Evening.

Eat Less , Sleep Less , More Baani and Sewa.
Staying away from TV/Cinema/Movies etc.
No marriages were held in Puratan times (till 80's) in Month of Poh.
No Celebrations/Bhangra/Shaguns.

Staying away from Physical relations with Husband/wife( Stay Jati-Sati).
Practise Control over Kaam/Krodh/Lobh/Moh/Ahankaar.

Remember Sahibzadey and Shaheeds in Ardas and Feel their Presence.
(It helps Mind get over Earthly Pleasures and Bonds and take Surat to Next World, thus ending Fear of Death).

Those who are Mone and not much into Sikhi must also USE these days in getting closer to Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib and Shaheed Singhs of Panth.
Dont Cut your Hair in thes days.
Dont Shave.
Dont Eat Meat/Eggs, dont take any type of Drugs, Dont drink Alcohol, dont Indulge in Partying etc...
Bibiya please dont wear make-up.

Dress Simply and Soberly.

THIS IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO IN THESE DAYS OF 'GREATEST SACRIFICE' TO Remember Our Beloved Satguru Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Great Elder Brothers of KHALSA PANTH. We can never repay their sacrifice , but we can remember them and try to serve Sikhi for which they suffered so much.

In these days, tell Kids and Youth and even to Non-Sikhs about Guru Gobind Singh Ji , Sahibzadey, Mata Gujri Ji, Great Family of Baba Mani Singh Ji (with 16 Shaheeds in these days like Bhai Bachittar Singh, Bhai Uday Singh and others), about 3 Pyaare , 40 Warriors of Chamkaur Sahib, about dedication of Bhai Moti mehra and Sacrifice he did, Sewa and Shaheedi of Bibi Saran Kaur, Shaheedi of Bibi Anoop Kaur. Most Glorious Chapter of Sikh History was written in these 15 days

Gursikhs used to carry out Nitnem/Abhyaas of 'Pandriyaa' in these days from 1st Poh to 15th Poh.

It was carried out in Loving remembrance of Great Sacrifice done by Family of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib in these first two weeks of Poh. Guruji's Four Sons, Mataji and Beloved Gursikhs (Including 3 Pyaare) attained Shaheediya in these days. These were the days which were considered highly spiritual and Powerful by Gursikhs as it is believed Shaheedi Faujan do beant Kirpa on Gursikhs who do abhyaas in these days.

Maryada which was followed by Gursikhs -

Amritvela, Naam Abhyaas, Baani Jaap starting at 1 am.

Read as much Baani as possible in Day time.

Do Kirtan and Vichaar of Guru Sahib's and Shaheeds Itihaas in Evening.

Eat Less , Sleep Less , More Baani and Sewa.

Staying away from TV/Cinema/Movies etc.

No marriages were held in Puratan times (till 80's) in Month of Poh.

No Celebrations/Bhangra/Shaguns.

Staying away from Physical relations with Husband/wife( Stay Jati-Sati).

Practise Control over Kaam/Krodh/Lobh/Moh/Ahankaar.

Remember Sahibzadey and Shaheeds in Ardas and Feel their Presence.

(It helps Mind get over Earthly Pleasures and Bonds and take Surat to Next World, thus ending Fear of Death).

Those who are Mone and not much into Sikhi must also USE these days in getting closer to Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib and Shaheed Singhs of Panth.

Dont Cut your Hair in thes days.

Dont Shave.

Dont Eat Meat/Eggs, dont take any type of Drugs, Dont drink Alcohol, dont Indulge in Partying etc...

Bibiya please dont wear make-up.

Dress Simply and Soberly.

THIS IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO IN THESE DAYS OF 'GREATEST SACRIFICE' TO Remember Our Beloved Satguru Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Great Elder Brothers of KHALSA PANTH. We can never repay their sacrifice , but we can remember them and try to serve Sikhi for which they suffered so much.

In these days, tell Kids and Youth and even to Non-Sikhs about Guru Gobind Singh Ji , Sahibzadey, Mata Gujri Ji, Great Family of Baba Mani Singh Ji (with 16 Shaheeds in these days like Bhai Bachittar Singh, Bhai Uday Singh and others), about 3 Pyaare , 40 Warriors of Chamkaur Sahib, about dedication of Bhai Moti mehra and Sacrifice he did, Sewa and Shaheedi of Bibi Saran Kaur, Shaheedi of Bibi Anoop Kaur. Most Glorious Chapter of Sikh History was written in these 15 days

WJKK WJKF

Great informative post, thanks!

Also Amazing Katha.

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.35.-.Chamkaur.Vich.Savdhani.-.1994-12-18.mp3
http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.36.-.Chamkaur.Yudh.Arambh.-.1994-12-19.Part.01.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.36.-.Chamkaur.Yudh.Arambh.-.1994-12-19.Part.02.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.37.-.Chamkaur.Gari.Vichon.Nikal.Ke.-.1994-12-20.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.39.-.Baba.Ajit.Singh.Ji.Da.Yudh.-.1994-12-21.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.40.-.Baba.Jujhar.Singh.Ji.Da.Yudh.-.1994-12-21.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.40.-.Baba.Jujhar.Singh.Ji.Da.Yudh.-.1994-12-22.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_%28Raqbe_wale%29/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/10_Sri_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.%28Raqbe.wale%29--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Rut.06.Adhyai.41.-.Panth.Nu.Gurta.Chamkaur.Nikalna.-.1994-12-22.mp3

Katha of the battle of Chamkaur!