Christmas Trees In Houses Of Sikhs

JSinghnz

Also, the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji mahraj does not state that the devte/devia never existed. It is not a metaphor, it simply means that Akal purakh waheguru is in all creation, even the devte/devia.

Educate me please. I'm finding it difficult to understand how SGGS ji could say, or even insinuate, that god has taken human form among us (avatar). Your second sentence (above) is what Sikhi teaches us...i.e that Waheguru is in us all, but to say waheguru took on a specific human body and form seems to be the anithesis of Sikhi.

Again, what you got planned for Easter?

Chocolate eggs for the kids and hot cross buns for me.......because, of course, nothing says 'jesus' more than a chocolate bunny egg and a bun. Thanks for asking.

Educate me please. I'm finding it difficult to understand how SGGS ji could say, or even insinuate, that god has taken human form among us (avatar). Your second sentence (above) is what Sikhi teaches us...i.e that Waheguru is in us all, but to say waheguru took on a specific human body and form seems to be the anithesis of Sikhi.

Chocolate eggs for the kids and hot cross buns for me.......because, of course, nothing says 'jesus' more than a chocolate bunny egg and a bun. Thanks for asking.

WJKK WJKF,

Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji mahraj tells us that Akal purukh is within all creation and separate to the creation, including the devte/devia...it was mankind which made the devte/ devia avtar. But none of our guru sahiban or SGGS ji have stated that they do not exist?!

You limit Akal Parukh waheguru in thinking that waheguru has not took human form, yet all living matter is of wahegurus form and creation, how is this against the thesis of sikhi?

Yes, the devte/devtia have their personal flaws and are victims also of all the 5 vices like us, which points out that no creation is perfect, only the creator. However through Naam one can gain mukhti.

Through the nirgun and Sargun state of waheguru, the god particle is within all matter.

So you celebrate all the Christian calendar in a Christian country? Or just Easter and Xmas?

Pity you haven't got mata gujri kaur and the chote sahibzada on your mind, just excitement for you and your family, at this happy jolly time with that happy fella in red....as you keep telling us all!

Please upload quotes of gurbani or sikhi ithias/sakhia where sikhi rejects the existence of the devte/devia, we can open another post so as other sikh can post their knowledge on the subject matter.

Guest Jacfsing2

WJKK WJKF,

Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji mahraj tells us that Akal purukh is within all creation and separate to the creation, including the devte/devia...it was mankind which made the devte/ devia avtar. But none of our guru sahiban or SGGS ji have stated that they do not exist?!

You limit Akal Parukh waheguru in thinking that waheguru has not took human form, yet all living matter is of wahegurus form and creation, how is this against the thesis of sikhi?

Yes, the devte/devtia have their personal flaws and are victims also of all the 5 vices like us, which points out that no creation is perfect, only the creator. However through Naam one can gain mukhti.

Through the nirgun and Sargun state of waheguru, the god particle is within all matter.

So you celebrate all the Christian calendar in a Christian country? Or just Easter and Xmas?

Pity you haven't got mata gujri kaur and the chote sahibzada on your mind, just excitement for you and your family, at this happy jolly time with that happy fella in red....as you keep telling us all!

Please upload quotes of gurbani or sikhi ithias/sakhia where sikhi rejects the existence of the devte/devia, we can open another post so as other sikh can post their knowledge on the subject matter.

The Sahibzade were married to death, marriages are suppose to be happy. We should be happy that they are with Waheguru again.

The Sahibzade were married to death, marriages are suppose to be happy. We should be happy that they are with Waheguru again. P.S. there was one gursikh that left and nobody cried during the cremation

The Sahibzade were married to death, marriages are suppose to be happy. We should be happy that they are with Waheguru again.

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, I understand your point, however the sahibzada were not married to death, this is a methaphorical way of looking at the shaheedi of our sahibzada. After all, we are all the bride of Akal purak waheguru and not death. Yes, they did merge back with waheguru which is a celebration in contrast to which method they were martyred by. They were gains and losses at this particular time within the sikh calendar. But we shouldn't forget at which cost we can call ourselves today, Sikhs. We should remember why these mahaan sikh have the title shaheed, through the shedding of physical blood and sacrifice, sometimes being missed by the metaphors. Our sikhi is at the cost of this blood, innocent children, men and women of all ages under the name of the Khalsa panth.

What makes you think they were not with Vaheguru when on this Earth? Vaheguru is the Husband and the union of marriage happens with Guru Sahib's kirpa to be married with Vaheguru. No one is telling people to be crying their eyes out all day. It is a time of reflection for Sikhs. A time to understand Sikh history of the battles and sacrifice Sikhs and the Gurus made for the Khalsa Panth at this time. And not to stuff your face with food and drinks and gossip among the family and friends. It is no secret this is how punjabis spend their time on Christmas break. Sikhs complain, I have no time to dedicate time toward learning the deeper roots of Sikhi. Now at this time of the year the Sikh has time, but he is not interested in contemplating over Gurbani. Instead he is more interested in the maya of the world. Sit the kids down beside you and learn and teach the kids something about Sikhi. Instead of teaching them of Saint Nickolas. Give them the virtuous teaching of the 8th Guru dedicated his young age and life to the sick. Anyone can give a gift, but giving your life to Vaheguru has not been taught to Sikh kids or many parents. Parents have in their mind of their children growing up to be doctors, lawyers, engineers, other respected professionals. Never do parents say I want my children to be sacrificed as the Guru gave his children for my freedoms or let my child be dedicated to learn Gurbani from day one and become a Giani. The thinking is my kids can learn Gurbani when they grow up. Making Sikhi a part time job and becoming a professional a dream they live and breath all day for their kids.

What makes you think they were not with Vaheguru when on this Earth? Vaheguru is the Husband and the union of marriage happens with Guru Sahib's kirpa to be married with Vaheguru. No one is telling people to be crying their eyes out all day. It is a time of reflection for Sikhs. A time to understand Sikh history of the battles and sacrifice Sikhs and the Gurus made for the Khalsa Panth at this time. And not to stuff your face with food and drinks and gossip among the family and friends. It is no secret this is how punjabis spend their time on Christmas break. Sikhs complain, I have no time to dedicate time toward learning the deeper roots of Sikhi. Now at this time of the year the Sikh has time, but he is not interested in contemplating over Gurbani. Instead he is more interested in the maya of the world. Sit the kids down beside you and learn and teach the kids something about Sikhi. Instead of teaching them of Saint Nickolas. Give them the virtuous teaching of the 8th Guru dedicated his young age and life to the sick. Anyone can give a gift, but giving your life to Vaheguru has not been taught to Sikh kids or many parents. Parents have in their mind of their children growing up to be doctors, lawyers, engineers, other respected professionals. Never do parents say I want my children to be sacrificed as the Guru gave his children for my freedoms or let my child be dedicated to learn Gurbani from day one and become a Giani. The thinking is my kids can learn Gurbani when they grow up. Making Sikhi a part time job and becoming a professional a dream they live and breath all day for their kids.

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, I found your post very inspiring and written passionately. I also love the ideology of us having only one union, the union with Akal purakh waheguru as it states it so beautifully in sheikh farids saloks.

who cares man.. we live in a Christian country, kids get so happy and theres a nice feeling around during xmas etc. Im sure if us sikhs had our own country people would come and celebrate vaisakhi with us.

You want us to get labelled like some muslims in wanting to ban christmas?

christians shouldnt be following christmas either. it has nothing to do with christianity. its a yuletide custom from the babaloyian mystry

religion.