Jathedhar Nandgarh Being Oppossed By Badal

lsingh

Not true. There were numerous calendars all over India not just Hijri and Bikrami. The Hindu calendar is the Saka calendar. On the other hand traditionally Sikhs for the last 500 years have been using the Bikrami calendar. Now Purewal's calander is being pushed on us which is based on the national calendar of India, the same one that the GOI uses.

look I'm not a calendar historian but I know when my Guru ji says trust no-one else to manage your own affairs , never trust those who give false promises , then surely those brahmin who have betrayed their own promises to sikh kaum over many decades should not be the ones to indicate when we should commerate our own panthic diwases ...do we really need to stick to a calendar which makes our commerations and history dance around the calendar year over the decades sometimes even disappearing? Are we not capable of agreeing to set the dates to solar calendar that the world uses since we are aiming to spread Khalsa Raj across the globe ourselves as a panth ? It seems a naive hope I know but I don't want be asking a stranger for when I should do something ....being self-reliant is the aim of the game

look I'm not a calendar historian but I know when my Guru ji says trust no-one else to manage your own affairs , never trust those who give false promises , then surely those brahmin who have betrayed their own promises to sikh kaum over many decades should not be the ones to indicate when we should commerate our own panthic diwases ...do we really need to stick to a calendar which makes our commerations and history dance around the calendar year over the decades sometimes even disappearing? Are we not capable of agreeing to set the dates to solar calendar that the world uses since we are aiming to spread Khalsa Raj across the globe ourselves as a panth ? It seems a naive hope I know but I don't want be asking a stranger for when I should do something ....being self-reliant is the aim of the game

By staying with the Bikrami Calendar, which even the Gurus used, who are the Sikhs trusting to manage their affairs?

I don't understand the need for debate Guru Maharaj used Bikrami. There. We. Go. Its. Decided.

OK ji sat bachan...I think reading too many mixed up peoples view points got me in a tizz , I know it is a very old system of time management and if antarjami Guru ji used it I'm not saying anything else except why aren't more of our peeps familiar with it in India?

Waheguru Waheguru , I feel its about literacy and of course the dusht forces in Punjab want to keep Sikhs fighting amongsts themselves. With things like Dasam Granth Sahib Ji. Calender's so they throw in their own confusion. I know how you feel though both sides can be quite persuasive and the end of the day we have to remember we have to follow what Mahraj has done Ji!

There was no reason to change the calendar in first place. What could we have done was to just change the name from bikrami to nanakshahi but left it untouched.

Personally, inwould have never bothered to do any change. Stupidity of tohra saab to adopt the calendar without taking in guidance from notable intellictuals like nishan singh.