Will The Marriage Be Accepted? Surname Issue.

Singh sahib ji(savinderpalsingh)I simply asked you to comment on the relevent line of rehat maryada I quoted but why are you escaping ? You may quote yuor reference later , but I know there nothing of that kind even in the book you are quoting. Please ,please ensure that you have read befire quoting something . Our ignorance may causr confusion to many Fateh

Let me quote for your reference - " Guru ka sikh saak dikh naal kare, den lain da lalach na karey, haan dekhey, hadd sucha waikhey, matha milda waikh laye.Further , "Guru ka sikh gareeb sikh naal nata karey , guru gandh paonda hai" this is reference from rehatnama bhai chaupa singh which brother savinderpal singh is quoting.

My request to all please read books in original and not any translation .

I think that we are getting personal.please all bear in mind we are all brothers and should engage in healthy discussion to clear doubts( hoi ikatar molahu mere bhai , dubidha door karahu chit lai).FYI, bhai chaupa singh was not among 5 piyare, he was a khidawa ( play time companion of guru saheb) and yes he was a brahmin, and some of his opinions are tilred views . Still all his views cannot be ignored, he being contemoorary of guru sahib ji.I would request please buy and study book - rehat namey by Pyara Singh Padam , which has almost all pracheen rehatnamey in originals.

So much been said in this thread, the bibi starting the thread must have been confused by now. To end my participation here , I'd advise to beebi the question of the got has norhing to do with rehat maryada , and yes close bloid relation marriage is cinsidered taboo due to inbreeding malafies. Unless ther are no close relationship Established in recent past

You would need to check with the elders and per family situation.

There's always going to be some eyebrows raised but there is no genetic issue as such. It's your mother's nankey ie. your mothers-mother side(2 generations and 3 counting yourself).

I have known some marriages like this to take place without too much problem.

Also, you've only mentioned that the surnames are the same but were the villages of origin also the same ?

No we are not from the same village. He isn't from the village my grandma is originally from either. So hes from a totally different village in India.

Let me quote for your reference - " Guru ka sikh saak dikh naal kare, den lain da lalach na karey, haan dekhey, hadd sucha waikhey, matha milda waikh laye.Further , "Guru ka sikh gareeb sikh naal nata karey , guru gandh paonda hai" this is reference from rehatnama bhai chaupa singh which brother savinderpal singh is quoting.

My request to all please read books in original and not any translation .

o balle uncle ji, kya kehne aa nahi samajhna ke u you be wrong but proove puratan singhs wrong

o bhaleyo lokon, its not gandh

its ganth

means guru jod da hai !!!!!

shabas e tuhade

Savinderpalsingh , I have been following your all posts , in this thread you have been stressing to say that your point is only correct one , if this is the purpose , what is the use of discussion then ? it seems that you have not studied the Sikh Thought properly . The Gotra consideration in Matrimonial relations has tyo do with casteism only , which has no place in Our Faith .please have a reading of Different rehatnameys ( in Punjabi Originals not the Translations by Brits ) and you will know about hollowness of Your Arguements

Savinderpalsingh , I have been following your all posts , in this thread you have been stressing to say that your point is only correct one , if this is the purpose , what is the use of discussion then ? it seems that you have not studied the Sikh Thought properly . The Gotra consideration in Matrimonial relations has tyo do with casteism only , which has no place in Our Faith .please have a reading of Different rehatnameys ( in Punjabi Originals not the Translations by Brits ) and you will know about hollowness of Your Arguements

i think i have stated my points well enough, cast-ism is not to promote high or low of an individual but to state the area of their origins and bloodline roots. which does turn into genetic defects later down the line,