Hindus Wearing The Kara

Guest Sanatani

Guest Sanatani

I'm a Hindu and I wear it as well.

I did not just buy it to show off, or just buy it in some "random Sikh shop", which some Sikhs in this forum seem to think.

Lots of Hindus I know, especially my family, visit the gurdwara almost every weekend.

I got my one from a gurdwara and I've been wearing one since I was a child.

Yes, it's a Sikh symbol, but you can't forget that many Hindus joined the Khalsa but did not convert to Sikhism. Hindus wore the kara in those times for self - defence and for fighting the Mughals.

In fact, most Punjabi Hindus wear it.

Watch any Bollywood movie and every time Punjabi Hindus are shown they most of the time wear a kara.

And non - Sikh and non - Hindu men often wear it to pretend to be Sikh so they can trap Sikh girls into love.

I can guarantee you that that only applies to them.

Hindus wear it for respect for Sikhs

Guest Jacfsing2

Yes, it's a Sikh symbol, but you can't forget that many Hindus joined the Khalsa but did not convert to Sikhism. Hindus wore the kara in those times for self - defence and for fighting the Mughals.

In order to join the Khalsa you have to convert into Sikhism,"have no allegiance to any other faith" Sikh Rehat Maryada. But everything else is ok, you can wear the Kara if you want.

I did not just buy it to show off, or just buy it in some "random Sikh shop", which some Sikhs in this forum seem to think.

Lots of Hindus I know, especially my family, visit the gurdwara almost every weekend.

Watch any Bollywood movie and every time Punjabi Hindus are shown they most of the time wear a kara.

And non - Sikh and non - Hindu men often wear it to pretend to be Sikh so they can trap Sikh girls into love.

I think you are confused you CANNOT be a khalsa without becoming a SIkh that is how you become a Sikh. The reason to wear a Kara is NOT self-defence but something more profound if you do not know what it is then I think you should find out ...Sikhs are not Hindu because they do not believe in caste or Mandir statue worship . Many Hindu guys I know have suaved it up with Desi girls trying to pretend to be what they are not ...their conduct is not becoming of a sikh so please spare me the fake excuses...

Guest Sanatani

By Khalsa I meant the Khalsa army

Even Hindus and Christians joined it

I live in the UK I'm not a desi or bad boy wannabe

My entire family wore the kara for religious reasons because they attended the gurdwara.

And dude, did I even say that Sikhs are Hindus...

-_-

Guest Sanatani

I think you are confused you CANNOT be a khalsa without becoming a SIkh that is how you become a Sikh. The reason to wear a Kara is NOT self-defence but something more profound if you do not know what it is then I think you should find out ...Sikhs are not Hindu because they do not believe in caste or Mandir statue worship . Many Hindu guys I know have suaved it up with Desi girls trying to pretend to be what they are not ...their conduct is not becoming of a sikh so please spare me the fake excuses...

By Khalsa I meant the Khalsa army - even Hindus and Christians joined it.

I live in the UK, I'm not a bad-boy wannabe or a "Desi"

My entire family wore the Kara for religious reasons because they attended, and still do attend, the gurdwara.

And dude, did I even say that Sikhs are Hindus?... -_-

You know jkvlondon, you shouldn't use the same username for two or more different sites... people can recognise who you are.

And thanks jacf :)

Respect and good on you Sanatani Singh for wearing a Kara given to you by your Gurdwara long ago.

You and your family bow in humility in front of the Truth of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and what that actually means is that you and your family are Sikhs (albeit sehajdhari but nevertheless you and your family are Sikhs). The Arabic word "Hindu" which simply means a black-skinned thief in their derogatory terminology is NOT what you are. The word Sikh refers to a student (from a indigenous Sanskrit root) who bows in front of the Truth of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. It does not automatically translate you or your family are Amritdhari Sikhs (as our original Panj Pyare were with origins from as wide afield as Gujarat, Orissa, south India, Hastinapur and modern day Pakistan) but nevertheless you are fully entitled to be considered sehajdhari Sikhs regardless of if your surname might be Kumar, Sharma, Kapoor etc. Hopefully, one day you might feel you can change your surname to Singh too in order to eradicate the cancerous caste apartheid that befalls many people of our background whether Hindu, Muslim, Sikh or Christian. Only Sikhi is unequivocal in its condemnation of caste as we see, for example, in 1699.

All the best.

In order to join the Khalsa you have to convert into Sikhism,"have no allegiance to any other faith" Sikh Rehat Maryada. But everything else is ok, you can wear the Kara if you want.

You're correct brother that Amritdhari Gursikhs simply cannot have allegiances to other false precepts aligned with another faith such as believing in caste, drinking wine, worshipping stone idols or fasting or pilgrimages etc but this brother Sanatani and his family are very much sehajdhari Sikhs as regular Gurdwara attendees and the more brothers and families like him welcomed into the Sikh Panth from what are wrongly regarded as a Hindu background the better. This is the only way to get more quality Amritdhari's in the future as a static population pool can stagnate as we have seen in Punjab in recent years.

JKV Bhenji, with respect, this Sikh brother (Sanatani) did not mention or claim to be an Amritdhari Khalsa Gursikh. He has merely stated that they are regular attendees of his Gurdwara and that he wears the Kara given to him by his Gurdwara loyally. I salute him and his family as (sehajdhari) Sikhs. You're absolutely right to point out that Sikhi has no tolerance of the immoral caste system and zero faith in stone idol worship and I doubt whether our friend Sanatani even believes in those two intrinsically Hindu beliefs - which would again substantiate his family are natural born Sikhs (just like the majority of the Indian population would be were they to actively come into contact with the Truth of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and be welcomed by us existing members of the Sikh Panth). The only reason the vast majority of so-called HP's think of themselves as Hindu is mostly because of RSS and Arya Samaj propaganda that anybody that attends Gurdwara without having kes and without the name Singh or Kaur is automatically Hindu. The anti-Sikh strategy behind such thinking was to reduce the Sikh percentage in east Punjab downwards from the arguably 99% it was in 1947 to the 60% it currently it is and by excluding non-Amritdhari's they wish to shows that Sikhs are but a mere 3% of the east Punjab population (which is simply not so). The smaller the population of the Panth, the more our enemies rejoice and benefit. If we are serious about Khalsa Raj globally we need to start accepting more sehajdhari Sikhs of various backgrounds into Panth. Thus, should one's supposedly non-Sikh in-laws do matha tek at a Gurdwara ... that is their entry point into the Sikh Panth right there. I hope you can see why that makes sense on how we can try push the agenda of Sarbat Da Bhala further globally.

Panjabi hindus r also biggest sellouts, alot refusing to speak panjabi, coz sumhow hindi=hindu. Also how many hindus panjabis ever stand up for 84? How many have stood side by side with sikhs, wenever panjab bandh (closed panjab) is called? NONE! There were some who helped the kharkoos in the 80s n also converted too, but they were not in massive numbers. Hindus r 30% of panjab, n always try to pass off that we r all the same, yet behind r backs, they r more vile and full of hatred towards sikhs, than even paks. Jus go online on forums/youtube n c how many have fake online ID's n c the gandh they write. Panjabi hindus r also the 1s who have peddled so much $hïte bowt sikh history, which they love telling the world, knowin full well its rubbish such as, "oh u sikhs came out of us hindus, without us, where wud u have been?". Or heres a personal fave of mine, "it was EVERY 1st born hindu, who was made into a khalsa, that started ur religion off" blah blah t@tti. As soon as u correct them of their warped/incorrect history, they label u as seperatists/extremists! U tell them, that actually only khatri/rajputs gave their eldest sons towards khalsa, look at the tirade of abuse that follows from these gangus. Ive met a lot of HP's in my life, n are nice ppl, but fact is, history has proven never trust gangus, ever!

By Khalsa I meant the Khalsa army - even Hindus and Christians joined it.

I live in the UK, I'm not a bad-boy wannabe or a "Desi"

My entire family wore the Kara for religious reasons because they attended, and still do attend, the gurdwara.

And dude, did I even say that Sikhs are Hindus?

And thanks jacf :)

StarStriker Paji

Let me and you hate the people who hate Sikhs (rather than the ones who are with us and attend Gurdwara regularly).

I honestly believe that we need to get east Punjab back to 99% being Sikhs in the sense of Gudrwara attendees.

If we accept people like Sanatani as Sikhs then we can turn back the hatred against us from Urdu & Hindi speakers.

My experience at Gurdwara shows that there is a significant majority of so-called HP's who are actually Sikhs but a vocal minority of Hindu-Hindi-Hindustan types who are the 1% that we don't need any association with. But I'm convinced that the majority of HP's are not against us.

Bhai Mati Das, Bhai Sati Das, Banda Singh Bahadur, our Panj Pyare should be enough to convince most HP's that Sikhi is the truth and they can be part of the Sikh Panth as sehajdhari Sikhs right here, right now today rather than so-called Hindu's as the RSS term them (for the political objective of making Sikhs as small a minority as possible).

Panjabi hindus r also biggest sellouts, alot refusing to speak panjabi, coz sumhow hindi=hindu. Also how many hindus panjabis ever stand up for 84? How many have stood side by side with sikhs, wenever panjab bandh (closed panjab) is called? NONE! There were some who helped the kharkoos in the 80s n also converted too, but they were not in massive numbers. Hindus r 30% of panjab, n always try to pass off that we r all the same, yet behind r backs, they r more vile and full of hatred towards sikhs, than even paks. Jus go online on forums/youtube n c how many have fake online ID's n c the gandh they write. Panjabi hindus r also the 1s who have peddled so much $hïte bowt sikh history, which they love telling the world, knowin full well its rubbish such as, "oh u sikhs came out of us hindus, without us, where wud u have been?". Or heres a personal fave of mine, "it was EVERY 1st born hindu, who was made into a khalsa, that started ur religion off" blah blah t@tti. As soon as u correct them of their warped/incorrect history, they label u as seperatists/extremists! U tell them, that actually only khatri/rajputs gave their eldest sons towards khalsa, look at the tirade of abuse that follows from these gangus. Ive met a lot of HP's in my life, n are nice ppl, but fact is, history has proven never trust gangus, ever!

My family weren't living in India when all the trouble in the 1980s, before and after, were happening, so we had no connection to that. In facts, thousands of Hindus weren't even living in India around that time. Trust me, I know.

Most Punjabi Hindus actually respect Sikhs, the only reason they're "backstabbing", as you say, may be because they themselves feel backstabbed.

Most Punjabi HINDU families teach their children all about how Sikhs are their saviours and that they saved them from the evil 'malecha', and I guess when some extremists started wanting their own country, they felt backstabbed. I really don't know, but that seems the logical reason. I'm really sorry about what happened in the events before, during and after the 1980s.

If Punjabi Hindus are all really backstabbers, then why did they shelter Sikhs inside their homes when the mobs were going crazy?

Please don't generalise...

I remember one Punjabi Hindu saying that back in 1947 his grandfather and many other Hindus alongside Sikhs fought against the 'bad guys'. He then said how Sikh extremists forced his family to leave Punjab and his grandfather was shot to death, the very same one who fought with the Sikhs against the 'bad guys' back in 1947.

That could also be another reason for some Punjabi Hindus "backstabbing". But I'm going to bet that you'll ignore that part and continue calling Hindus "backstabbers".

"Or heres a personal fave of mine, "it was EVERY 1st born hindu, who was made into a khalsa, that started ur religion off" blah blah t@tti. As soon as u correct them of their warped/incorrect history, they label u as seperatists/extremists! U tell them, that actually only khatri/rajputs gave their eldest sons towards khalsa, look at the tirade of abuse that follows from these gangus. Ive met a lot of HP's in my life, n are nice ppl, but fact is, history has proven never trust gangus, ever!"

Khatris and Rajputs ARE Hindus. It wasn't every first-born Hindu, I know, but back then the Sikh population was extremely low, it's only because of Hindu families (yes, Khatris/Rajputs) who made their first-born Sikhs and because of the "Hindu-need for revenge against the invaders" that Sikhs got a bigger population.

Let me ask you this: are you willing to accept that your ancestors were Hindus who wanted revenge, and that's the reason they converted?

If you don't accept that, then you've got problems because that is the truth.

If you do accept that, then I'm asking you: if that's the case, why are you so full of hatred towards your own Hindu brothers?

"Hindus r 30% of panjab, n always try to pass off that we r all the same, yet behind r backs, they r more vile and full of hatred towards sikhs, than even paks. Jus go online on forums/youtube n c how many have fake online ID's n c the gandh they write. Panjabi hindus r also the 1s who have peddled so much $hïte bowt sikh history,"

Behind your backs? Have you ever talked about behind our backs? At home lots of you Sikhs are taught hatred against Hindus as well. What was it? "Hindus are slaves"? "Hindus are weak and they needed someone to save them"? "Sikhs rescued Hindu women from sucking the lullas of the invaders"?

Dude, just go to YouTube or Topix and see how much my fellow Sikh brothers, the very ones I use to believe were worthy of my utmost respect, love me and my community.

Every time I replied to a Sikh PEACEFULLY, every time I apologised for 1984, every time I was on the side of Sikhs over my own Hindus and over the 'malechas', what I got back was abuse from my own Sikh brothers. I defended their religion, and in return they attacked mine. Even then I didn't abuse Sikhism back when they were abusing Hindus, Hindu women and Hinduism (Sanatana Dharma).

And you're talking about "fake IDs", when most of these IDs are actually the ones who want revenge for Bangladesh. If you know what I mean. They pose as Hindus and abuse Sikhs. I've seen their lies myself.

No we haven't peddled with Sikh history, you guys have peddled with your own history. Don't ask me for proof, because if you do I'll give it to you.

And one last thing. Around less than two years ago I was learning about Sikhism, the sacrifice Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur ji gave, how Sikhs saved North India from becoming something else. I never once considered the Gurujis as Hindus. I considered them as my own Gurujis. At the gurdwaras I'd look at the portraits of the Gurujis in respect.

Then a year ago, I actually considered becoming a Sikh myself. From childhood to a year ago, I considered myself "Half Hindu, Half Sikh" (I'm not even lying here, I considered myself as much a Hindu as a Sikh) so I decided to increase my knowledge by visiting a Sikh forum in Topix.

When I read those disgusting abuse and comments lots of Sikhs made about Hindus, Hindu women and Hindu beliefs, I wanted to puke.

I thought you Sikhs were actually cool. Because of stupid people like you in the Sikh community, I renounced calling myself "Half Sikh".

I still have respect for all the Gurujis, especially Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji, I still respect Sikhism. But it's not the same as a year ago, thanks to guys like you.

Well done on shooing me from Sikhism.