Sikh And Want To Cut My Hair

I'm a sikh boy i've recently turned 17 and cut my hair once when i was 15 my mom was very upset, i felt bad for her so i said i'd regrow it and shes calmed down in time. However all my brothers have haircuts and just ignored my mom and i'm the last boy. My dad wore a turban when he was around but my bro's all cut their hair. And i still want to cut my hair but cant bare to think how my mom will react and feel. My brothers will get angry at me as well as my sister. I just don' understand why i can't still be a Sikh with short hair is it really that bad? I mean hair grows back in time. My hair is nearly up to my shoulders and my mom thinks i will wear a turban soon, what should i say to her? I know saying what i feel will just upset her really not enjoying life right now please help. My mom is going India soon and i'm planning on cutting it whilst she's away, everyone thinks i'm happy regrowing my hair but sadly i'm not and don't want to disappoint them i really don't suit with a turban and i'm hoping to go into the construction industry and my turban will make it harder i sweat a lot in my bricklaying class and get headaches :( hope Wahiguru will guide me through this rocky time. Guys don't get me wrong I really respect people who wear the turban and are proud I wish I could be too but I'm just not. Any help guys pray for me. I hope to one day wear the turban when i'm at a more matured age.

I'm a sikh boy i've recently turned 17 and cut my hair once when i was 15 my mom was very upset, i felt bad for her so i said i'd regrow it and shes calmed down in time. However all my brothers have haircuts and just ignored my mom and i'm the last boy. My dad wore a turban when he was around but my bro's all cut their hair. And i still want to cut my hair but cant bare to think how my mom will react and feel. My brothers will get angry at me as well as my sister. I just don' understand why i can't still be a Sikh with short hair is it really that bad? I mean hair grows back in time. My hair is nearly up to my shoulders and my mom thinks i will wear a turban soon, what should i say to her? I know saying what i feel will just upset her really not enjoying life right now please help. My mom is going India soon and i'm planning on cutting it whilst she's away, everyone thinks i'm happy regrowing my hair but sadly i'm not and don't want to disappoint them i really don't suit with a turban and i'm hoping to go into the construction industry and my turban will make it harder i sweat a lot in my bricklaying class and get headaches :( hope Wahiguru will guide me through this rocky time. Guys don't get me wrong I really respect people who wear the turban and are proud I wish I could be too but I'm just not. Any help guys pray for me. I hope to one day wear the turban when i'm at a more matured age.

listen your Mum loves you and deserves for you to tell her how you feel truly , don't break her heart by giving her the shock when she comes back , talk to her. Look your bros are being foolish they aren't acting as Sikhs should , because Guru Nanak told all those who wanted to follow him that they should live in accordance to God's will which includes keeping ALL your hair and your natural form . I don't know what is the real issue for you about keeping your hair , it is a fashion thing, to get a girl or not to get bullied but Waheguru did not make a mistake in giving you a second chance to show your love for him , to show you trust Him with your body, mind and soul .

There are many gursikh builders around and some I know personally wear a dumalla , maybe your need to change your style of turban and the thickness of the material , going to mal mal instead of full voile or rubia. there are plenty of resources on youtube to learn different styles of dastar and all of us would be willing to help with advice , I'm a lady but I've worn a dastar since age 10 , it's been tough but I rather show my love for Guru ji on the outside so everyone knows.

listen your Mum loves you and deserves for you to tell her how you feel truly , don't break her heart by giving her the shock when she comes back , talk to her. Look your bros are being foolish they aren't acting as Sikhs should , because Guru Nanak told all those who wanted to follow him that they should live in accordance to God's will which includes keeping ALL your hair and your natural form . I don't know what is the real issue for you about keeping your hair , it is a fashion thing, to get a girl or not to get bullied but Waheguru did not make a mistake in giving you a second chance to show your love for him , to show you trust Him with your body, mind and soul .

There are many gursikh builders around and some I know personally wear a dumalla , maybe your need to change your style of turban and the thickness of the material , going to mal mal instead of full voile or rubia. there are plenty of resources on youtube to learn different styles of dastar and all of us would be willing to help with advice , I'm a lady but I've worn a dastar since age 10 , it's been tough but I rather show my love for Guru ji on the outside so everyone knows.

So just because you cut hair your no longer a sikh? Sikhi isn't about just hair if you comfortable with short hair then you should go with how you feel. Yes i want to cut my hair but i am not abandoning Sikhi, I still go gurdwara on Sundays. Sorry but i feel the need to have my body feel clean . And i respect male sikhs who wear turbans but most are being forced by parents. I guarantee you if most sikh boys had the choice they'd cut their hair than rather keep it and that is the sad truth of today's reality. Guru ji will understand if you feel you need to take the Mona route instead of the Sardar route. I am not cutting my hair for girls or getting bullied I'm cutting it because I think me as a person I feel more comfortable with short hair. Sikhi is a religion full of free will. Kesh is important but this rule was only foretold buy Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Guru nanak dev ji the founder was passionate about the turban and hair however he never mentioned kesh being to important in sikhi it was only said by the tenth and last guru. I think one day at an older I will tie the turban but as a Youth this is the choice I need to make. And i know everyone will dislike me however, If sikhi is just about hair and not you whats the point. Bottom line is Hair always grows back theirs always a chance to become a Sardar once again. E.g KS Makhan the singer was a mona and has become a fully baptized sikh :)

So just because you cut hair your no longer a sikh? Sikhi isn't about just hair if you comfortable with short hair then you should go with how you feel. Yes i want to cut my hair but i am not abandoning Sikhi, I still go gurdwara on Sundays. Sorry but i feel the need to have my body feel clean . And i respect male sikhs who wear turbans but most are being forced by parents. I guarantee you if most sikh boys had the choice they'd cut their hair than rather keep it and that is the sad truth of today's reality. Guru ji will understand if you feel you need to take the Mona route instead of the Sardar route. I am not cutting my hair for girls or getting bullied I'm cutting it because I think me as a person I feel more comfortable with short hair. Sikhi is a religion full of free will. Kesh is important but this rule was only foretold buy Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Guru nanak dev ji the founder was passionate about the turban and hair however he never mentioned kesh being to important in sikhi it was only said by the tenth and last guru. I think one day at an older I will tie the turban but as a Youth this is the choice I need to make. And i know everyone will dislike me however, If sikhi is just about hair and not you whats the point. Bottom line is Hair always grows back theirs always a chance to become a Sardar once again. E.g KS Makhan the singer was a mona and has become a fully baptized sikh :)

Bottom line is why are you even telling what you have already decided to do on a Sikh website?

Do not waste your time here and try to get a life!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know who you've been talking to but Guru Nanak Dev ji told Mardana that this was a requirement , I've heard plenty of Money claiming the same as you but they are deluded the rehit has always been the same , think about it all the Gurus had Kesh if that was not a requirement Guru Angad Dev ji would have been a Monay don't you think ???

The free will bit is about choosing your actions but there will always be a consequence , you either go away from your ego and draw closer to Guru ji or pull away from Guru ji towards your ego.

Read your history read your Guru ji then make your mind up you have a lot to learn what is Sikhi...have you got a guarantee how long you will live , will you be alive in the next breath , you may hope so but there is never any guarantee plenty of people make the mistake of thinking later, but their later never happens they run out of life. If you are there already why go backwards...anyway whatever you do you pay for it , you make the mistakes now and repent through millions of years of seperation when you go through all those non-fruitful lifecycles

i'm hoping to go into the construction industry and my turban will make it harder i sweat a lot in my bricklaying class and get headaches :(

I work in contruction industry bro and I've met loads of guys that wear Turbans. My brother in law does aswell. Personally I think they have it good not having to wear a hard-hat, keep warm in the winter time and still represent Sikhi. As far as the sweating and headaches go, sounds like an excuse.

I dont know who you've been talking to but Guru Nanak Dev ji told Mardana that this was a requirement , I've heard plenty of Money claiming the same as you but they are deluded the rehit has always been the same , think about it all the Gurus had Kesh if that was not a requirement Guru Angad Dev ji would have been a Monay don't you think ???

The free will bit is about choosing your actions but there will always be a consequence , you either away from your ego and draw closer to Guru ji or pull awayfrom Guru ji towards your ego.

Read your history read your Guru ji then make your mind up you have a lot to learn what is Sikhi...have you got a guarantee how long you will live , will you be alive in the next breath , you may hope so but there is never any guarantee plenty of people make the mistake of thinking later, but their later never happens they run out of life. If you are there already why go backwards...anyway whatever you do you pay for it , you make the mistakes now and repent through millions of years of seperation when you go through all those non-fruitful lifecycles

I want to see both routes i want to see mona route as I've already experienced the sardar route. However when i get to an elder age 30's etc i am going to regrow my hair and tie a proper pagh. I think leaving youth as a mona and at an elderly age as a sardar is the best thing for me. Please believe I HONESTLY LOVE SIKHI AND ALL OUR GURUS AND WAHEGURU, but Sikhi Isn't just about hair it's about being one with god and if I find that i feel comfortable and gain spirituality whithout long hair then thats me however I will still go gurdwara on Sundays and pray to god. I dont understand what the problem is most sikh have turbans and long hair etc and still drink alcohol and some sikhs even smoke. I have never smoked or drank alcohol. Wearing a turban may trick others into thinking yes hes a good man hes a sardar etc, but you don't know how they may be when not seen by anyone. I just believe sikhi has more to it than hair. And for that said you've made your mind up stop wasting time. NO I'M NOT I CAME HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SIKHI AND THE IMPORTANCE OF KESH but can't seem to find a good enough answer.

Bottom line i've had both a joora and haircut and i think growing my hair back at this age now is no point I will when i'm elder and understand the importance but I dont now. You have to understand that we are living in the 21st century times have changed. My hair is now up to my shoulders and i'm thinking to go for another haircut i mainly tried regrowing my hair for my mom i honestly dont care about people judging me thats WAHEGURUS job, hopefully Mona are as respected by other Sikhs as sardars. Do you guys think I should my hair or keep it?

VERY SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

I want to see both routes i want to see mona route as I've already experienced the sardar route. However when i get to an elder age 30's etc i am going to regrow my hair and tie a proper pagh. I think leaving youth as a mona and at an elderly age as a sardar is the best thing for me. Please believe I HONESTLY LOVE SIKHI AND ALL OUR GURUS AND WAHEGURU, but Sikhi Isn't just about hair it's about being one with god and if I find that i feel comfortable and gain spirituality whithout long hair then thats me however I will still go gurdwara on Sundays and pray to god. I dont understand what the problem is most sikh have turbans and long hair etc and still drink alcohol and some sikhs even smoke. I have never smoked or drank alcohol. Wearing a turban may trick others into thinking yes hes a good man hes a sardar etc, but you don't know how they may be when not seen by anyone. I just believe sikhi has more to it than hair. And for that said you've made your mind up stop wasting time. NO I'M NOT I CAME HERE TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SIKHI AND THE IMPORTANCE OF KESH but can't seem to find a good enough answer.

Bottom line i've had both a joora and haircut and i think growing my hair back at this age now is no point I will when i'm elder and understand the importance but I dont now. You have to understand that we are living in the 21st century times have changed. My hair is now up to my shoulders and i'm thinking to go for another haircut i mainly tried regrowing my hair for my mom i honestly dont care about people judging me thats WAHEGURUS job, hopefully Mona are as respected by other Sikhs as sardars. Do you guys think I should my hair or keep it?

VERY SORRY FOR THE LONG POST

really sorry for you ...you have to fall to learn it will hurt , you can't take people's word for it who may have made that mistake themselves . You are being silly you are planning to waste 13 years not being Guru ji's sikh ...Guru ji has said that you cut your hair you are not my sikh ...you work it out from there. if you see besharam stupid people bringing sikhi into bad reputation from their bad actions drinking and smoking that means they are deffo not sikhs in behaviour or thought . If you want to be popular that's why you are cutting your hair quite obviously you do not love Sikhi at all to the level you claim ... be truthful you are a shallow person looking for the go-ahead from others ...mate live your life and stop bothering people with your fake problem

WHAT IS THIS MUCK. Admin Please?

If you're real and you come here speaking like this you're either bereft of intellect or rather cowardly, or an adequate combination of both.

What are you expecting? Apologies of love for expressing yourself as a shallow fraud; to yourself, if not entirely.

If you 'feel the need to have your body feel clean' wipe off the sticky wimp juice first. No need for fake respect either. Sikhi isn't suitable for wimps. If you insult or gurujis and proud Sikh youth like this, not only are you not Sikh, you're an enemy of Sikhs. Remember that every day you look in the mirror.