Sikh Marrying Mixed Sikh

Guest Sikh

Is it okay for a Sikh to marry a mixed Sikh? The person is half white but was raised as a Sikh and is a strong believer in Sikhism. Our Rehit says that a Sikh must marry a Sikh, but does it say anything about mixed race?

remind me of the teacher who insisted my kids were half sikh and half brasilian ...honestly people PLEASE one is a faith the other a nationality ...my kids are fully Sikh and so is your other half if he does practise Sikhi only

I'm interested jkvlondon, how did it come about that you married a Brazilian man ?

I mean, was it that you were both Sikhs and found each other as Sikhs, or did Sikhism come to both of you later in the relationship ?

I'm interested jkvlondon, how did it come about that you married a Brazilian man ?

I mean, was it that you were both Sikhs and found each other as Sikhs, or did Sikhism come to both of you later in the relationship ?

I have always been sikh and it was my Sikhi that intrigued my husband , and so he came onto our way of thinking about the universe ... our kids are amritdhari but although he has kept his kes, goes Gurdwara , only eats/lives as an amritdhari would in our home ,he has not got to the point of sanchar readiness himself and I am waiting for him although I do my duties as per normal in Sikhi.

In the meantime , have to do the right thing and get the kids battle-ready they are going to see a very anarchaic time in their lives when the fossil fuels peter out, food shortages due to toxicity of soils and of course worldwide Caliphate attempts. Bani and warrior training...

I have always been sikh and it was my Sikhi that intrigued my husband , and so he came onto our way of thinking about the universe ... our kids are amritdhari but although he has kept his kes, goes Gurdwara , only eats/lives as an amritdhari would in our home ,he has not got to the point of sanchar readiness himself and I am waiting for him although I do my duties as per normal in Sikhi.

In the meantime , have to do the right thing and get the kids battle-ready they are going to see a very anarchaic time in their lives when the fossil fuels peter out, food shortages due to toxicity of soils and of course worldwide Caliphate attempts. Bani and warrior training...

I can see you're on the right path now....that much is clear...But how did it come about in the first place for you, a Sikh girl, to fall in love with and marry, a Brazilian fella ?

Are you an example of the numerous threads we have here about 'sikh girls running off with black and white men' ?

I ask because if you are you are a wonderful example of what great things might possibly result from such a relationship with regards to Sikhi.

Reagrding your kids......don't scare them. I'm guessing yours are round about the same age as mine and I think its more important we fill their heads with the wonderful nature of Waheguru's creation...i.e how wonderful life, the trees (even xmas trees), the grass, the bees etc are rather than negativity. Teach them how the definition of a Gursikh is to be good, caring human beings and the fight for justice and truth will naturally follow.

I can see you're on the right path now....that much is clear...But how did it come about in the first place for you, a Sikh girl, to fall in love with and marry, a Brazilian fella ?

Are you an example of the numerous threads we have here about 'sikh girls running off with black and white men' ?

I ask because if you are you are a wonderful example of what great things might possibly result from such a relationship with regards to Sikhi.

Reagrding your kids......don't scare them. I'm guessing yours are round about the same age as mine and I think its more important we fill their heads with the wonderful nature of Waheguru's creation...i.e how wonderful life, the trees (even xmas trees), the grass, the bees etc are rather than negativity. Teach them how the definition of a Gursikh is to be good, caring human beings and the fight for justice and truth will naturally follow.

no ...I believe in the truth and live by it ...we were in university together but before anything progressed I told my folks, and of course they said No so I waited until they had met him so they could be aware of his personality and thinking . He never said run away he totally agreed that parents had give blessings on both sides . They could see that he was not like the other western guys and so placed a year's wait before thinking about engagement we waited meanwhile I worked and lived with them and he lived his life. In the meantime Dad had gone to India and asked Mahapurakh about situation and bachan was Angelo would become a Gursikh, so Dad was happy to go ahead with the Magni but again put another year wait condition that went smoothly and we had Anand Karaj where we both wholeheartedly agreed to bring up or children in SIkhi .

So you see I knew him and his personality and viewpoints on life for 6 years before getting married and we have been married now 19 years this month. We've had tough times but Waheguru's kirpa has always been on us , my kids ask me and I tell them truthfully it is too hard a path to take successfully unless you really are as one on life direction, you can be from two different colours/cultures but you need to have Sikhi in common to make it work.

I keep that info about future challenges to me , they only know that Mum's teaching them bani, Punjabi and signing us up for martial arts

The worse thing we can do is leave them unable to cope with the world gone to hell, they need to be resourceful and able.