• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Huh? What kind of rumor is this? There is no doctored version of SGGS Ji. How is such a thing even possible? What? It is law in Punjab that only SGPC can print saroops. Again, where are these rumors coming from?
    • That's what we often think. But I think world is increasingly becoming volatile
    • Really lol? Like India doesn't have their fare share of morons? Till day they burn Ravan, believe 8 legged gods, and kill people over gau raksha. I dont understand why some Sikhs chose one over the other, both nations are trouble. 
    • Pakistans different regions also have their own spoken languages however, sindhi etc. People of those provinces do attach to their regional identity, which has also led to the militant movements there. That's a whole different issue though.  I will admit they are losing Punjabi language. But, the anthem is not in Persian. Urdu as a language is quite hybrid, hence the similarities.  Amritsar came to be a few centuries ago. Western Punjab had most of the early day settlements. If anything, Punjabi was from modern day Pakistan. I'm trying to say dividing their history is ludicrous. Their histories are very much tied in together. Their histories being tied, the border not having existed before the creation of Urdu makes it silly to say Urdu is foreign. It existed there for centuries prior.  Areas such as Sind have their own legendary historical figures as well. Indians having pride in their region isn't quite Indian pride then, especially in you consider the conflicts it has created.  In the end, yes Pakistan does have many issues. But, so does your India. Especially as they modernize, turn to English and Western culture. 
    • That's 2 different things. India does not have one identity because every state has it's own linguistic and cultural identity. But the languages of each state developed in that region and are not foreign. Pakistan punjab on the other hand does not even have a punjabi newspaper! Neither do they speak punjabi in the punjab government! Or in the schools. They paki punjabis speak urdu.  Pakistan's national anthem is persian Indian heroes are all home grown, the rajputs, marathas, ashoka etc. And they all were south Asian not foreigners. Indians celebrating south asians and pakistanis celebrating the achievements of foreigners is 2 different things! Punjabi developed over a 1000 years ago, from what I read it developed in the central punjab region lahore/amritsar. Gurmukhi script was written in punjab. Indians do not have a identity crisis, Pakistanis do,  there is no comparison. Indians are now even changing the names of cities that the mughals changed back to the original indian names.  The culture of india and pakistan even b4 partition was different. Only punjabis from the Gurdaspur region, people of the thar desert and the Sindhis had similarities, the rest of the subcontinent was/is culturally very different and diverse.   

Important Information

Terms of Use