Khalsa Aid Founder Ravinder Singh Awarded ‘Sikh Of The Year’

SinghStation

Just days after an ITV programme paid tribute to Ravi Singh of Khalsa Aid, he has been honoured at an awards ceremony in Amritsar.

ravi-singh-sikh-of-the-year.jpg?resize=6

Ravinder Singh alias Ravi Singh, was named ‘Sikh of the Year’ yesterday in Amritsar at the Media Punjab Tv Fateh Academy Sikh Awards for safeguarding the human rights and reaching out to these afflicted by natural and politically motivated catastrophes..

9884c54ee9ac1df1e16bd8abc32e6606_img.JPG

Khalsa Aid Founder/CEO Ravinder Singh

He was accompanied by his friend Jim Winkworth, who he met during his time helping out in Burrowbridge, Somerset, during the flooding there. Jim had tricked Ravi into appearing on ITV’s Surprise Surprise just days before.

On his Facebook page, Mr Singh wrote of the symbolism of his friendship with Mr Winkworth:

“The journey for myself and Jim Winkworth began during the floods relief in Somerset earlier this year and has now taken Jim to the most beautiful and spiritual place in the Sikh world.

In a world full of hate the UK Sikh community and the Somerset community have become a beacon of hope and friendship

“I hope this relationship will strengthen to serve humanity all over the world.”

The announcement of Ravi’s award on Facebook has already been ‘liked’ by over 6,000.

http://singhstation.net/2015/01/khalsa-aid-founder-ravinder-singh-awarded-sikh-of-the-year/

Just days after an ITV programme paid tribute to Ravi Singh of Khalsa Aid, he has been honoured at an awards ceremony in Amritsar.

ravi-singh-sikh-of-the-year.jpg?resize=6

Ravinder Singh alias Ravi Singh, was named ‘Sikh of the Year’ yesterday in Amritsar at the Media Punjab Tv Fateh Academy Sikh Awards for safeguarding the human rights and reaching out to these afflicted by natural and politically motivated catastrophes..

9884c54ee9ac1df1e16bd8abc32e6606_img.JPG

Khalsa Aid Founder/CEO Ravinder Singh

He was accompanied by his friend Jim Winkworth, who he met during his time helping out in Burrowbridge, Somerset, during the flooding there. Jim had tricked Ravi into appearing on ITV’s Surprise Surprise just days before.

On his Facebook page, Mr Singh wrote of the symbolism of his friendship with Mr Winkworth:

“The journey for myself and Jim Winkworth began during the floods relief in Somerset earlier this year and has now taken Jim to the most beautiful and spiritual place in the Sikh world.

In a world full of hate the UK Sikh community and the Somerset community have become a beacon of hope and friendship

“I hope this relationship will strengthen to serve humanity all over the world.”

The announcement of Ravi’s award on Facebook has already been ‘liked’ by over 6,000.

http://singhstation.net/2015/01/khalsa-aid-founder-ravinder-singh-awarded-sikh-of-the-year/

I especially Love the fact that Ravinder SIngh ji dedicated the award to the mothers of all the 1984 Shaheeds ...true hero in anyone's book