Sukhmani Sahib Ji Paath - Problems In Getting Married

Sukh123

I have been looking for a suitable girl match for myself for past one year but could not find one. I heard Bhai sahib bhai Guriqbal ji's katha and found that one can get a suitable life partner by doing ardaas for 51 Shri Sukhmani Sahib ji paath. But I did 240 Shri Sukhmani Sahib ji paath in few months but still i am struggling to find a match. I am not sure what/where i am doing wrong. And since i do not see results, i sometimes get demotivated and curse myself on this, but by Guru's grace i have again started doing paths (after a little break). Could you please advise what i may be doing wrong? Thanks.

I have been looking for a suitable girl match for myself for past one year but could not find one. I heard Bhai sahib bhai Guriqbal ji's katha and found that one can get a suitable life partner by doing ardaas for 51 Shri Sukhmani Sahib ji paath. But I did 240 Shri Sukhmani Sahib ji paath in few months but still i am struggling to find a match. I am not sure what/where i am doing wrong. And since i do not see results, i sometimes get demotivated and curse myself on this, but by Guru's grace i have again started doing paths (after a little break). Could you please advise what i may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Nishkam simran is the real deal ...trust Waheguru he has your partner sorted out , sometimes the answer takes time so just become one with the bani forget about the whole grisht issue

Thank you veer ji for your response...but sometimes when you see all your friends who are not reciting gurbaani (and trim their beards) and still getting everything on time, then one feels bad and thinks why the hell are we suffering if we are doing everything as per maryada....that sometimes makes me pessimistic...

Thank you veer ji for your response...but sometimes when you see all your friends who are not reciting gurbaani (and trim their beards) and still getting everything on time, then one feels bad and thinks why the hell are we suffering if we are doing everything as per maryada....that sometimes makes me pessimistic...

what they are getting is the phal of pichle karam in other births it doesn't last , we have to build on that base of goodness to achieve our mission , but if we are doing manmat and wrong things we are wasting all our previous efforts ...sad really we get here after such a long hard journey 100s of millions of years.

Thank you jkvlondon.....i will continue to do paths and do ardaas from my heart....you know, my parents approached few sikh girls and after seeing my pix they said, the boy has lot of beard (i m still 28 years)....they want a person with trim beard or cut-surd....then i fee hurt, and start thinking that if sikh girls are not accepting sikh boys then its a grave problem....and which sometimes make me feel the other way around...plz help me

Thank you jkvlondon.....i will continue to do paths and do ardaas from my heart....you know, my parents approached few sikh girls and after seeing my pix they said, the boy has lot of beard (i m still 28 years)....they want a person with trim beard or cut-surd....then i fee hurt, and start thinking that if sikh girls are not accepting sikh boys then its a grave problem....and which sometimes make me feel the other way around...plz help me

problem is the parents , if they didn't spend so much time only ensuring their male children wear dastars, have amrit etc and stop their daughters Sikhi development telling them it will be hard for you to get married . With parents like that who needs enemies? I wouldn't be surprised then that the girls will get into bollywood hero look as their parent have created a hatred in the girl's mind for the males who wear dastars i.e. the favoured sons . It is our own fault that they are going away from sikhi we need to give them love and understanding and nuture their love for Sikhi.

If you have sisters /female cousins fight for them to be Singhnian too the panth need true Khalsa mothers to ensure Panth has good future, if you have such a situation with your elders saying such things to the girls stop them and remind them that Guru Gobind Singh ji gave amrit to both sexes and honoured both with Dastars and panj kakkar and that you are only willing to give your sister into a Gursikh household which does not ask for daaj . When we all do our bit everyone will go to the right places and the panth will strengthen .

Yes, you are right....i always hear our pracharaks guiding sikh boys not to cut hair/trim beards but nobody asks the sikh girls to accept the sikh boys as it is...this is the major reason (which now i understand) why many sikh boys trimmed their beards during the college days (i m from punjab, india), and to add to this our punjabi singers have set the trend (most of the singers trim their beards) which girls like and dream their partner to be like them which even make the things difficult for boys who keep beard....

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Jaspal SIngh

Dear Brother

Doing a number of paaths, prayers for the purpose of one own benefit is not right. You should pray for Sikhi and Naam simran. God has already a plan for you and he is never wrong.

god bless