Cartoon Shooting France

mrggg123

Religion is sacred and making a mockery of any religion should be banned. If somebody insults your family you're going to defend them. For many their Prophets mean just as much if not more. Over five billion people follow the six main religions. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism & Judaism.

Freedom of speech usage is also false. There are restrictions, as inciting racial hatred is illegal, denying the holocaust in some countries is punishable by imprisonment. So why the double standards.

Great in depth discussion guys...I think mockery of central theme (be it scriptures/prophets) of any religion should not be allowed. As someone rightly pointed out, if people close relatives- be it parents, deceased parents are not allowed to be mocked in cartoon satire by western legal frame work and warrants for legal law suit/defamation/hate crime laws then why spiritual fore fathers/prophets be allowed to be mocked? Absolutely ridiculous double standards/hypocrisy needs to be addressed by law makers. Those who take offend and respond by- cartoon drawings of journalist closed family members just to give taste of their own medicine..i may not agree with your approach but i do understand where you coming from.

However, killing someone over it, it has to be condemned at highest level, its totally barbaric not proportionate at all, there is no room for justification for that. Lets not just condemn it but we also to need to understand mind of fascist fanatics goons (of all religious walks of life) as they share same self righteousness mixed with ego syndrome.

Right wing Fanatics who decides violence to respond to cartoon (pen) no matter offensive seems to be suffering from following as they are operating from five vices/egoic conditioned mind than real dharma essence:

-They think they are somehow chosen ones to stop this either by all means. However, their actions seems always be inconsistent with integral teachings of their faith.

-They totally forget essence universal teaching of their religion(love, compassion, humility) would instead wrap their head around on scriptural interpretation of line or two, codes of conduct, examples from history use those examples as precedence, use them to supersede universal/essence teachings of their religion.

- They seem to pick and choose portions from their own religion to justify acts of violence hide behind the righteousness mixed with ego/pride.

- They operate from their own five vices/blood lust/power lust and hide behind dharam to operate and control

- They would give emotional rhetoric speeches to recruit more sheeps who cannot think outside of box and hide behind them.

- When their actions are questioned, they will try to demonize, villify those who question them.

I am not in favor of marginalize them totally either, community needs to start de-toxification program for these misguided fanatics to try to help them, if they cannot be helped or beyond repair- then community needs to isolate them, nail them to walls, disown them by condemning their violence acts at the highest level so they don't have stronger hold or recruit to push their agenda but at the same time address their legitimate concerns cartoon insult from left wing journalist fanatics.

What muslim leaders are doing, its perfect, they are condemning these right wing fanatics/terrorist nut bars at the highest level but at the same time not giving to idea extreme left wing idea of freedom of speech where everything goes.

From sikh stand point, since our path of truth is middle way..we have to be careful not be swayed in either directions by upholding our dearest gurmat integral sidhant of true sant-sipahi (where sipahi is naturally spontaneously born out of sant not enforced/not born of conditioned mind) not confused conditioned mind, i think i m glad people are questioning what if those cartoons are of our guru's..what would we have done? what are our values? what really means to be stand for truth but at the same time not give into self righteousness mixed with ego/pride, disproportionate response.

If they are going to analyze this situation thoroughly, i am very much sure that the ban on muslim religious headgear is might be one of the reason to enable the wife of one terrorist to go against the government and now absconding. She used to work as cashier and wanted to wear her religious attire which they fired her because of that reason. When poor people hit financially they tend to take wrong path/decision.

If they are going to analyze this situation thoroughly, i am very much sure that the ban on muslim religious headgear is might be one of the reason to enable the wife of one terrorist to go against the government and now absconding. She used to work as cashier and wanted to wear her religious attire which they fired her because of that reason. When poor people hit financially they tend to take wrong path/decision.

Some don't understand the bigger picture because they conform themselves to the western rules of denying freedom to practice your religion.

I once witnessed a white guy harassing a brown guy because he was from a different country. The white guy was being rude and loud as he can to mock the poor guy. I wanted to step in, but wanted the brown guy to say something back at first as a way of saying I am not scared of you. Many people were witnessing it and most of the people were laughing. A lot of white people were enjoying it actually. The white guy was with his wife. The brown guy in a loud voice all of a sudden insults the white guy by directing an insult toward the woman he was with. The white guy started walking toward the brown guy and was telling the brown guy, you can't swear at my wife............i will kill you.......i am going to kick your ...... He was red as a tomato. What really got to me was the fact he started the insults and was being racist, but somehow his wife cannot be insulted regardless of what his actions were. Other white people who enjoyed the show up till now also started in on the brown guy after he insulted the white guy back. This incident truly showed what many of these western leaders hold dear to their heart and how they are no different than the terrorist they are "fighting". I say leaders because in that moment the white people felt as they owned and ran everything around them. Insulting a man's race, culture, religion, and language is no problem and no foreigner should take an offence to it. Insult the wife, who slept with many guys before him and now hes going to kill you by stringing you from a tree. All this high talk of condemning the killings of the people is an act whether the person be white, brown, or green. In a split of a second these type of people will do the same if something like their wife or girlfriend is badly insulted.

I couldn't help notice how Sky news would refer to the founder of Islam as Mohammed whereas Other channel used prophet Mohammed

It was wrong and deliberately inciting terrorism by the cartoon company

Notice how in UK media there's no showing of the cartoon but how the terrorist are so evil

The western countries are as bad as the Muslims and the west will not be able to win this is now a major problem as Muslims are very dangerous and sophisticated and intelligent just look at places like Iraq and Afghanistan where they are just sucking a away at the wests resources ultimately causing retreat. The Iraq war cost like 100bilion or probably more and the recession was a great day for Muslims

One thing about muslms is that they do every evil thing but when it comes to questioning Islam or there religion then they become unified

I don't think the west will be able to deal with the mess that they themselves create

Let's not forget the worlds most utter rubbish ever heard the WMD

I'm Sorry but I side with the Muslims on this nobody should hurt the sentiments of another especially after complaints were raised

And Muslim took them to court but the judge sided with the Cartoon company

Sikhs need to sober themselves from the Anglo Sikh alcohol they consume we give the British so much and look at how they said thanks

UK Sikh politicians need to wake up and stop wearing Union Jack turbans

The crux of the matter, in my view, is that Muslims and their ideology are not competent with Western forms of perception, principles and government. Satire is a witty criticism of elements overarching themselves i.e. biting off more than they can chew. The fact that most liberal muslims mop up after their terrorist brethren, and construe sob stories to hide the fact that they want the entire world to be Islamic (whether by hook or crook) has earned them this treatment. On the second hand what has killing these cartoonists got them at the end of the day? Nothing more than more enemies.

Religion is sacred and making a mockery of any religion should be banned. If somebody insults your family you're going to defend them. For many their Prophets mean just as much if not more. Over five billion people follow the six main religions. Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism & Judaism.

Freedom of speech usage is also false. There are restrictions, as inciting racial hatred is illegal, denying the holocaust in some countries is punishable by imprisonment. So why the double standards.

Pakhandi Baba the very people you are defending believe in a God who has decreed:

'...the only religion acceptable to Allah is Islam' (Koran 3:19), I have referenced the verse in case you have any doubts. Furthermore:

"The Holy Prophet himself forbade people to ask questions ...so do not try to probe into such things." (The Meaning of the Qur'an, Maududi, vol. III, pgs. 76-77) . Thus any Muslim, worth his salt, would not go against the grain and attempt to question some of the more controversial teachings of Islam. The Sixth Shia Imam, Jafar Sadiq once captured the Islamic mentality, in regards to self scrutiny and criticism, by saying: 'One who exposes something from our religion is like one who intentionally kills us.' And here is the conclusive peace:

‘ The blood of a Muslim is illicit to shed except for one of three reasons: a married adulterer must be stoned; one who wilfully commits murder must be put to death; and a man who comes out of Islam and fights Allah and His Prophet must be put to death or crucified or banished from the earth.’

And the latter process is called Irtidad. Do not defend the ideology of Islam because then you would end up having to defend, the Mongols, Mughals, Taliban, Al-Qaidi, Deobandis, and 9/11. If anything defend Muslims as humans who can be made to see reality. Do not force them deeper into their pre-Modern Arabian mentality by playing the 'if an ideology is a religion, it must be good' game.