Sign in to follow this  
Guest stevesingh12

Instrumental Video On Sikh Channel For Gurdwara

Guest stevesingh12

Hi

There is a video on sikhchannel today showing Gurdwara day and it was instrumental. Does anyone know if this video is available of YouTube or have further details please?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• We are equal in the eyes of God because we are beneath him. It is looking at ants from our eyes. The problem with people is that they think that leadership is a privilege. It is not, it is a responsibility.  As the head of the family you may have the authority but that always comes with accountability. They go hand in hand. In families there is a pecking order, the children first, the women next and then the men. Men are the sacrificial gender, why in cases of emergency do they say "women and children first". A woman will sacrifice her life for her children but never for her husband. A man will sacrifice for both. Women who take leadership from her husband do it because they are forced into it or because the man is not up to it and the woman becomes resentful of her husband. 
    • I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.   If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!
    • Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?
    • Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals . Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 
    • The whole point about rehit-namas and the differences between them is a whole discussion in itself, but there is evidence in Bhangu's Panth Prakash, Sainapati's Gursobha, Prem Sumarag Granth.  There is also notice of this in the earliest european sources from the late 1700s.  No one is telling anyone to do these things, but to whitewash your own people's history is weak.  As alluded to previously, the people who did partake aren't likely to have done so for what we call 'recreational reasons' today. It may as well have been medical reasons? Given how sukha da tehl is being increasingly investigated by modern science along this very line, it isn't implausible. It may well have been a carry over from pre-existing Ayurvedic practice? Can't you people have a grown up discussion about this? 

Important Information

Terms of Use