Renaming "the Sikh Temple" To "the Sikh Church"

when you have the perfect literal word why would you ? besides that word was imposed on us by the lazy gorey ... now is the time to teach them properly about Sikhi OK ??

Better start with teaching Sikhs proper Sikhi first and worry about the "lazy goray later". OK???????

If and when your gurdwara committee agrees with you and drops the "Sikh temple" thing, please share the good news with us.

I did not say anything about Gurdwara, Church, ideologies or whatever else your chatting about, yet you are asking me if i'm a coward for allowing Temples and Gurdwaras to be called Churches?

What you talking about?

I simply pointed out, after I saw your post on the first page crying to the mods to close the thread, that this is a place of discussion. If you don't want to contribute something to the topic of conversation you don't have to. No one is forcing you now are they? I replied to your post on first page where you were crying to the mods to close the thread because it's what you want. Dude the world doesn't revolve around any one of us, you get it?

How much time did you waste writing that crap you came up with?

Anyways, IMO (well everyone has an opinion don't they), the word Gurdwara should be as well known as Church, Synagogue, Mosque etc. People should know by now Gurdwara in Punjabi = Gurdwara in English

We keep calling them Temple's which has a Generalised meaning.

SikhTempleLS7.jpg

some part of that message was for you, and all of it was for the people participating here

and no, gurudwara will be called a gurudwara or dharamshala (the old name)

no others apply !!

no one is gaining anything from this topic, instead just putting wrong ideas in head !!

i did waste time on writting that to make it clear for everyone

this is psychological aspect

people who are afraid of their own image or things so that others should not harm them suspect these changes

the same way many of punjabis started shouted "hindu sikh bhai bhai " wherever they went after galughara ,it literaly means "we are afraid and we dont want to fight , please spare us"

so No Gurudwara will be called gurudwara or either a dharamshala !! we dont want gore to think this is indian version of Christianity !!

that would be my last post. !!

my suggestion dont waste time on this topic, its purely useless

no matter in what way you think

this thread is useless and how much time have you wasted and how much time have you wasted for others

taking actions means helping !!

no matter in what way you think "Church" is a christian term , and we are not stupid enough to call our gurudwara's church

if that was the case all religions afraid of being judged like islam would call their temples church , do you have any idea how absurd this sounds?

people who are afraid of their own image or things so that others should not harm them suspect these changes

the same way many of punjabis started shouted "hindu sikh bhai bhai " wherever they went after galughara ,it literaly means "we are afraid and we dont want to fight , please spare us"

are you that big of coward to say we should change our own name of temples gurudwara's to churches? NO !!!

guru sahib gave us a different look , khalsa is nyaara we are not here to go with the ways of the world, we make our own ways !!

if everyone followed this cowardly idealogy then people wont be fighting for wearing kakkars or turbans abord they would be cleanshaven , like most of the people who have accepted it as a defeat !!

stand your ground !!!

Hence this is a stupid topic , which serves no purpose !!!

you want to help , contact basics of sikhi, establish a team . do street prachar !! talking on forum isnt going to do anything !!

#jesuischarlie

First I am too tempting to jump on this discussion, even I had denied myself, but then again who I am to deny or stop.

Second, This for savinderpalsingh ji I love you brother, you are such a darling, I hope you are doing good ... just a metaphor for you dear.

With your knowledge and spirit you are possessing you are like a Fast, Expensive Car that everybody dreams but with spiked seats.

You can give so much to this forum and people surrounding you but you end up bleeding people with your words and that too your own brothers.I hope you understand "Dhol dharam daya ka poot", "Mith Bol-da ji har sajjan swami mora",

Don't be a warrior who is seeking war but a peaceful messenger who can protect when needed. Thanks and hope you understand

Third, In my view Church is a wrong name for our Gurudwaras is very well proved in above threads, Not sure about temple, And the message that everyone is invited should be given by other means like picture signboards etc.

some part of that message was for you, and all of it was for the people participating here

and no, gurudwara will be called a gurudwara or dharamshala (the old name)

no others apply !!

no one is gaining anything from this topic, instead just putting wrong ideas in head !!

i did waste time on writting that to make it clear for everyone

so No Gurudwara will be called gurudwara or either a dharamshala !! we dont want gore to think this is indian version of Christianity !!

that would be my last post. !!

my suggestion dont waste time on this topic, its purely useless

So in your part of the world is it is called Gurdwara or Sikh Temple?

Better start with teaching Sikhs proper Sikhi first and worry about the "lazy goray later". OK???????

If and when your gurdwara committee agrees with you and drops the "Sikh temple" thing, please share the good news with us.

Veer ji ,

sikh temple hindu temple same thing hai nah ? well that's their attitude ...if we straighten out everything in line with the terms we were given by Guru ji both groups will learn , I have no problems in telling everyone about our wonderful Guru ji ... if some gorey feel the dharam is right for them that's great , more colours , more exposure ...

Guest Jacfsing2

Veer ji ,

sikh temple hindu temple same thing hai nah ? well that's their attitude ...if we straighten out everything in line with the terms we were given by Guru ji both groups will learn , I have no problems in telling everyone about our wonderful Guru ji ... if some gorey feel the dharam is right for them that's great , more colours , more exposure ...

I would be careful about the last line, despite Sikhi should be international, I do believe that it should also be strict at not swapped for 3HO style of "sikhi"

I would be careful about the last line, despite Sikhi should be international, I do believe that it should also be strict at not swapped for 3HO style of "sikhi"

when I mean teaching people about Guru ji I would leave no point of history unspoken , give examples of real-life sikh supermen like BHai Kanhiaya, Bhagat Puran Singh ji (the film Eh JANAM TUMRE LEKHE is coming out on 30th January folks) and I would also make it clear that there are people claiming Guru ji's bani but have fake Human gurus and why they cannot be considered as Sikhs. I would like them to train up for the Khalsa lifestyle before taking amrit so they know what they are committing to and they will be solid Khalsa

dharamshala is another word we should use ...to get us out of the the whole pomp mentality , it is where we go to learn about nimrata, dharam, sach, sewa, naam. bani, kirtan ....and to discuss those matters.

Sikh Learning centre ...lovely I like it

I like it ... too of course Along side with Gurudwara .... I will talk to my friends about this.