intellect4divine

Lala Daulat Rai Sahibe Kamal Guru Gobind Singh

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It is nice book in detail describing social and political environment of the time , under which the Great Guru had to function towards motivating and empowering the underprivilaged class to rise and fight to gain the right place in the history .Also reasoning why Guru Gobind singh ji deserves the highest place in the history of India

On 12/01/2015 at 4:42 PM, intellect4divine said:

I am reading this book, these days. Any views.

this is a rubbish book  in terms of retelling Guru ji's life in a Hindu propagandised way 

Iv read it, the author makes guru ji sound like a desh bhakt. I understand how the author was talking about indians being physically and mentally enslaved by the muslims and how guru ji was waking them and encouraging them to fight back but the author made it sound as if guru jis prime purpose was to fight for india and indians. 

Its guru jis life from a hindu point of view basically 

18 hours ago, puzzled said:

Iv read it, the author makes guru ji sound like a desh bhakt. I understand how the author was talking about indians being physically and mentally enslaved by the muslims and how guru ji was waking them and encouraging them to fight back but the author made it sound as if guru jis prime purpose was to fight for india and indians. 

Its guru jis life from a hindu point of view basically 

this is to diminish Guru Sahiban to be just like everyone else .... and to think SGPC was printing and handing this trash out to new abhilakees after having amrit.

9 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

this is to diminish Guru Sahiban to be just like everyone else .... and to think SGPC was printing and handing this trash out to new abhilakees after having amrit.

Thats the whole reason why i downloaded and read it in the first place because some sikh sites were going on about how great the book is and how the Hindu author loved guru ji and how he praises guru ji,  bla bla  

1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Thats the whole reason why i downloaded and read it in the first place because some sikh sites were going on about how great the book is and how the Hindu author loved guru ji and how he praises guru ji,  bla bla  

this is how we shoot ourselves in the foot by just copying what others say is good ... I am always wary of motives of nonsikh authors even academics these days  and follow the money  and always ask myself what do they get out of saying this ? who does it serve?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• Sidh Gohst is a Sikh Prayer... (i hope u weren't being sarcastic)? Prayer came about when Guru Nanak Ji had an assembly (gohst) with Sidhs, hence the name Sidh Gohst. The prayer is like a Q&A session where Sidhs ask n Guru Ji answers... NOW! Who been telling me to stick t learning about Sidh Gohst?? 😔
    • Get a normal bike n ride it. Road bike u can go far n fast so it's advantageous. Second bike type, ideal for short distant travelling n cycle at own leisure... Totally forgot wha the types called though I own one. Not mountain bike something else.
    • Is that Harpreet's mugshot? Lol! We need to understand y they committed a crime. Obviously for money but what lead them? For their age appears they had a hard life or "hard" life (depends how u look at it) and thas it! They understood the phenomenon of dog eat dog world. So they took a drastic step and failed... Of course they could've succeeded.
    • and also, as your next post alludes to, naamdharis also take khanday dee pahul, and actually most of them do compared to "us" mainstream sikhs. naamdharis are also much closer to rehit than some of these jathabandis we have now corrupt the panth since colonial times. However naamdharis are missing the kshatriya rehit of khalsa, ie the warrior maryada. I think a lot of "sikh" children would easily get influenced by christian schools due to lack of sikhi knowledge, and this includes those who go to these schools in India as well Yes, Khalsa sikhs used to learn from other sikh sampradaiye as well when it came to spiritual gyaan and sikhi knowledge. Obviously for learning there are no strict rules, however other rules are different for khalsa sikhs as they need to follow the military rules as well compared to sehajdhari "civilian" sikhs. And this is funny, but would learning from a harmonium teacher harm your sikhi, as it takes you away from learning sikh/Gurus' instruments? I would find it harmful for someone to teach that crazy keertan which plays at many rehnsbhais, 🤣😂
    • I have been reading some the posts over the last week and all I have seen is the constant squabbling and negative judgemental attitude towards each other.   Whether we like like it or not we are a community made up of people from all walks of lives.  Our temperaments are different, some hot and some cold.  Some of us want to do things for now and some for longer term goals.  Some want to take a militant approach and some diplomatic.  This is not unique to us this has been the case for all communities trying achieve goals in a struggle.  Malcom X’s ideology was different from Martin Luther Kings but ultimately the goal was the same.  Bhagat Singhs ideology was different from the All India Congress but the goal was ultimately the same.  Nelson Mandela was hot blooded when he was young but later switched to more diplomatic solutions for South Africa.  The same can be observed from figures throughout all of history and never has everyone collectively agreed upon one single method of achieving community goals.   Just pick the organisations, groups and temperaments that you feel you can gel with and quit the bashing of each other.  I’m sure by doing we would be more united, be more powerful and achieve so much more than ultimately searching for the one miracle pill to solve our issues. 

Important Information

Terms of Use