Kelloggs Is Halal

SikhSeeker

This is pretty old news, i read about it back in 2011 i think, a little more information here (albeit a little bias):

http://www.antisharia.com/2011/11/17/kellogg%E2%80%99s-and-mars-gain-halal-certification/

I think it's all been kept a little quite because of the obvious backlash but to be honest i don't think it makes a blind bit of difference to the average consumer.

A halal Focus or PS4 is fine but bring on the Halal Range Rover, now that's what i'm waiting for.

Yep apparently you can make cereal halal. I personally do not understand it, does this mean they cut the cereal piece by piece or something like they do with animals?

Does this mean we cannot eat it? I loved my crunchy nut man if its true.

Im just waiting for the halal Ford Focus and Halal PS4

then that would rule all veg and fruit too...it just means they checked it doesn't have meat products in it (or if it does that they are halal)

we are not supposed to do either halal(all things approved in islam) or haram (all things disapproved of in islam) but that would mean do absolutely nothing, use your bibek buddhi it's in respect to the specific things the Guru ji has outlined maas and relationships outside marriage.

I dont understand the halal process non meat wise to be honest. How does it work? With animals i know they slit the throat or make the animal bleed to death in to be honest the most inhumane way. But what is the process with things like cereal and bread - hovis i think is halal

like I said it has to be totally free of any meat by product e.g. bread improver is sometimes ground pig hairs ....or gelatine from beef or pork in yoghurts ( in this case the beef could be halal and then the gelatine would be also and therefore the yoghurt) pure veg food is halal in these terms.

I dont understand the halal process non meat wise to be honest. How does it work? With animals i know they slit the throat or make the animal bleed to death in to be honest the most inhumane way. But what is the process with things like cereal and bread - hovis i think is halal

From speaking to Muslim friends in the past I get the impression with non-meat produce they look at the ingredients, there are things they are not able to eat and if a product has those ingredients then it's classed as haram.

The problem i can see with going down this road is that manufacturers like Kelloggs are bowing down to a minority group because someone in their marketing department probably told them it's a good idea and they's get more sales from it, to me it's just a nonsense, when i grew up in the 80's people our family knew who where Muslim would just check the ingredients, you know, like you would do if your and Amritdhari and you would check to too if a product had egg or animal fat in it, it's just political correctness gone mad.

From speaking to Muslim friends in the past I get the impression with non-meat produce they look at the ingredients, there are things they are not able to eat and if a product has those ingredients then it's classed as haram.

The problem i can see with going down this road is that manufacturers like Kelloggs are bowing down to a minority group because someone in their marketing department probably told them it's a good idea and they's get more sales from it, to me it's just a nonsense, when i grew up in the 80's people our family knew who where Muslim would just check the ingredients, you know, like you would do if your and Amritdhari and you would check to too if a product had egg or animal fat in it, it's just political correctness gone mad.

but it is not to much to ask they can always refuse ...just like quorn who refuse to investigate binder of the vegan kind

WJKK WJKF

The halal label on Kellogg's and foods like Bread states to Muslims that is permissible, meaning it can be consumed or used. Hence why Muslim women will use halal makeup.

A sikh can consume such foods which are vegetarian which fall under halal, however a sikh cannot consume halal meat, if a sikh is to consume meat, it should be jhatka as stated my the Rehat Maryada and The Akal Takhat.

The halal meat industry is undercover within the uk definitely. The majority of meat is Halal slaughtered and goes uncertified. While the E.U have brought new legislation in the uk for food outlets about stating allergens within every ingredient used, it fails to state whether or not an animal has gone through the halal slaughter method is most cases.

Whether we are a jhatka eating sikh or a veg eating sikh, halal should be fought due to the treatment of the animal during slaughter, being simply killed with no compassion or dignity.

I noticed this a while ago; and did try to start a campagin to state Sikh Approved.

If another community (e.g. Muslim) can get a label approved stating it is Halal Approved; why can Sikhs not get a campaign going for getting label of "Sikh Approved"

As it is not going to go on any meat products; it will clarify matters a lot for Sikhs.

Thanks

halal means permissable in islam, in other words, islamically compatible.In terms of meat it means slaughtered in the islamic way, i.e: bled to death while prayers are read.

There are products such as halal insurance and mortgates etc, as islam doesnt allow interest to be charged on financial products apparently.

Either way all halal products should be avoided as proceeds from halal products end up in some cases funding islamist terrorism.

http://www.boycotthalal.com/halal-funds-terrorists-zakat/