Kelloggs Is Halal

SikhSeeker

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, I totally understand all the above points you have made however I don't think that me buying a loaf of kingsmill bread will contribute to terrorism. The halal sign on food items like vermicelli uncooked noodles probably serves the purpose in most cases, of notifying the Muslim that it is permissible within their maryada. I see nothing wrong with that.

On meat it is a different issue, as my point is their is no halal sign even when it is halal and the consumer should know.

Yes, there is a huge problem with Islamic ideology

fueling terrorists once again like Aurangzeb, however this fight will take place inevitably in combat on the battlefield in all our countries. Terrorism will always be sponsored, the governments of the world only disclosing info on what they want you to know and nothing else hugely affects this debate on terrorism. However, I will treat people including Muslims as I would with anyone, on a individual level. If someone wishes to try and convert me, I will follow in the footsteps of my sikh brethren.

If you were living in Delhi, would you boycott the halal sign there veer ji? Would you buy veg from a Muslim?

Sikhiseeker ji,.......You have made some valuable points that need contemplating........I wholeheartedly agree.

We can't just blindly jump on boycott bandwagons without looking at individual cases and situations.

For me personally,sikhi is about getting to that avastha where I can see and feel the brahm jyot within every single life form, regardless of color, caste or faith..

Being aware of both sides of any coin is the only way we can be more certain about making our own individual choices.

You are correct SIkhiseekerji,because you have made me accept one prejudice weakness that I may have !

Yes, I would have no problem accepting foods from any other faith like jews, christians or hindus........BUT when it comes to islam.....then suddenly, it becomes a hesitant issue.

Maybe it's because, immediately and subconsciously, I think that the muslim strongly believes I'm a kafir and infidel. OR maybe it's because I know that jewish, christian and hindus will exchange most foods with each other without question but the muslim won't.

Either way, I will have the tendency to single out the muslim.

It is probably their own actions that have instilled these islamaphobias within some of us ?

But as in any phobia, the problem is me and my own fear itself...Let's say if, I have arachnophobia(spider-fear), then it's not the spiders that are to blame but it's my own shortcomings and inability to conquer this fear.....In the same way, I can't be blaming all the muslims for the islamphobias I may have developed.

I admit, that's my problem and my weakness based up on my upbringing and experiences with muslims throughout my life.

My intentions were not to be endorsing 'boycott halal' or islam for that matter....But it was to give some exposure and awareness so that we can all make our own individual decisions at the end of the day.

Sikhiseeker ji,.......You have made some valuable points that need contemplating........I wholeheartedly agree.

We can't just blindly jump on boycott bandwagons without looking at individual cases and situations.

For me personally,sikhi is about getting to that avastha where I can see and feel the brahm jyot within every single life form, regardless of color, caste or faith..

Being aware of both sides of any coin is the only way we can be more certain about making our own individual choices.

You are correct SIkhiseekerji,because you have made me accept one prejudice weakness that I may have !

Yes, I would have no problem accepting foods from any other faith like jews, christians or hindus........BUT when it comes to islam.....then suddenly, it becomes a hesitant issue.

Maybe it's because, immediately and subconsciously, I think that the muslim strongly believes I'm a kafir and infidel. OR maybe it's because I know that jewish, christian and hindus will exchange most foods with each other without question but the muslim won't.

Either way, I will have the tendency to single out the muslim.

It is probably their own actions that have instilled these islamaphobias within some of us ?

But as in any phobia, the problem is me and my own fear itself...Let's say if, I have arachnophobia(spider-fear), then it's not the spiders that are to blame but it's my own shortcomings and inability to conquer this fear.....In the same way, I can't be blaming all the muslims for the islamphobias I may have developed.

I admit, that's my problem and my weakness based up on my upbringing and experiences with muslims throughout my life.

My intentions were not to be endorsing 'boycott halal' or islam for that matter....But it was to give some exposure and awareness so that we can all make our own individual decisions at the end of the day.

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, it is never about being wrong or right, winning or losing an argument. It is simply a difference of opinion which as you rightly say is based on individual and personal circumstances.

I always try and stop my Krodh when I hear about Islamic terrorism in the headlines by thinking about the life of our Mahraj, Shiri Guru Gobind Singh. After all what atrocities the Mughal rule and Aurangzeb did to him personally, Guru ji still never treated every Muslim with revenge or held them personally guilty for the martyrdom of many of the Khalsa panth. This is evident in The Zafarnama an his actions after it was written.

This topic also reminds me of when shaheed Bhai Moti Ram Mehra gave shaheed Mata gujri ji and our mahaan shaheed sahibzade hot milk and water from the kitchens of the moguls. I'm sure that this would of been deemed halal, being from the kitchens of the mogul general.

The main thing we Sikhs lack in this age, is forgetting we were once warriors who fought in hand to hand combat in battle. Yes, today's warfare has moved forward with automatic weaponry, however I feel we as Sikhs should still know how to defend ourselves, our families and anyone around us who suffers injustice. Our kirpana were given for a physical reason too. This is why it is important to be fit and learned in some form of realistic street fighting style if not shastar vidiya.

Wat ive noticed with sikhs and halal meat in the uk is, the uk born sikhs have much much more awareness of the fact that we r not allowed to eat gandha halal meat. Yet wen u go to supermarkets, its the freshys frm panjab/n.india who buy it without a 2nd thought. I recently warned more than a dozen sikh customers that the meat in their basket is halal meat. Their answer was......"kaka eh halal ki hunda?/wats halal meat"?

It then occured to me, most freshys have never met a muslim in their lives backhome, unless they r frm near malerkotla, so have no knowledge of wat kuttha maas/halal/kosher is. Most of them jus carry on n purchase them.

Also recently the owner of a sikh restaurant, '5 rivers', in walsall, won an award at the national curry awards. He went on to nihals radio show to talk bowt it. A muslim txt in sayin, is his restaurant halal? He stated that,due to few requests, he will b makin it into halal now!! A sikh then rang in the show,sayin, has he,as a singh, got no sharam serving meat forbidden to sikhs, in his restaurant? U kno wat his friggin answer was? "well sikhs r not supposed 2 b eating meat in the 1st place, so does it matter?". Have u heard such bakwas? Hope his business sinks!

Its bad enuff, that in the uk, the snobbish panjabis think opening restaurants is a low demeaning job, yet wen we do finally open our own one, that too of gud quality, apnay sellout like that!

Big up to the sikhs who have opened great dhabas/restaurants, esp the ones in w.london, and esp to those who havnt bowed to the thought of sellin halal/kosher maas to make an extra buck. Altho livin w.london, it doesnt matter, since w.london is sikh area.

Wat ive noticed with sikhs and halal meat in the uk is, the uk born sikhs have much much more awareness of the fact that we r not allowed to eat gandha halal meat. Yet wen u go to supermarkets, its the freshys frm panjab/n.india who buy it without a 2nd thought. I recently warned more than a dozen sikh customers that the meat in their basket is halal meat. Their answer was......"kaka eh halal ki hunda?/wats halal meat"?

It then occured to me, most freshys have never met a muslim in their lives backhome, unless they r frm near malerkotla, so have no knowledge of wat kuttha maas/halal/kosher is. Most of them jus carry on n purchase them.

Also recently the owner of a sikh restaurant, '5 rivers', in walsall, won an award at the national curry awards. He went on to nihals radio show to talk bowt it. A muslim txt in sayin, is his restaurant halal? He stated that,due to few requests, he will b makin it into halal now!! A sikh then rang in the show,sayin, has he,as a singh, got no sharam serving meat forbidden to sikhs, in his restaurant? U kno wat his friggin answer was? "well sikhs r not supposed 2 b eating meat in the 1st place, so does it matter?". Have u heard such bakwas? Hope his business sinks!

Its bad enuff, that in the uk, the snobbish panjabis think opening restaurants is a low demeaning job, yet wen we do finally open our own one, that too of gud quality, apnay sellout like that!

Big up to the sikhs who have opened great dhabas/restaurants, esp the ones in w.london, and esp to those who havnt bowed to the thought of sellin halal/kosher maas to make an extra buck. Altho livin w.london, it doesnt matter, since w.london is sikh area.

WJKK WJKF

Veer Ji, them freshies probably knew very well what halal was but just played the "act dumb" card. Out of interested was the meat marked halal?

Also the chap with the restaurant probably would sell anything to make a quick buck and the people eating there would probably eat anything to satisfy their taste buds without thinking of the welfare of the animal.

I think if a Khalsa sikh is to consume meat then it should be hunted or reared and jhatkaad by their own hand and shastar. Then all its carcass be used. As jhatka is much more than meat and the satisfaction of the taste buds. As it conditions the mind for warfare and the departure of the soul from the physical body.

WJKK WJKF

Bhen ji, I disagree with your post in the sense that IMO it's kinda like alil superstitious in a sense. Accepting food made or from the hand of a Muslims is not kurehat, it is simply a deed done living within akal purakh wahegurus world. To eat only from a gursikhs hand shows no equality. The langur concept demonstrates equality in food and people. Would you not eat food from a Hindu, Christian or a Jew too, Or just a Muslim? As all these religious ideologies are very different to our own?

I have attracted people from all faiths in my life , but on the whole they have all been on the true path within their faiths i.e. pure motives, open seeing all humans as one.

I have eaten with muslims , christians and hindus but only when we all cook langar style , paat kare ke and veggie ,at uni my international friends had no problems with that in fact it made them happy that they got support in following their own faiths in an accepting atmosphere. I would not eat from unseen hands, or krodhit hands (it affects me for some reason )of course if I was a stronger spiritual person I could perhaps afford to be very undiscriminating I just go with my inner feel .

I dont understand the halal process non meat wise to be honest. How does it work? With animals i know they slit the throat or make the animal bleed to death in to be honest the most inhumane way. But what is the process with things like cereal and bread - hovis i think is halal

Omdz just google the term halal and educate yourself. Is it really that difficult? Halal literally just means permissable. Haram is the opposite. Its arabic.