Kelloggs Is Halal

SikhSeeker

In Muslim owned factories they must read kalma over the food, or non food stuffs ie cosmetics and drugs to ensure they fit the halal criteria. The only way to minimise eating forbidden foods is to become bibeki like some DDT, Nihang and AKJ Singhs.

WJKK WJKF

veer ji, it is only meat in which the Muslim will carry out Dhabiha, the halal slaughter method. Any other none meat item like veg is deemed halal as that it is permissible to use/consume.

However in some products like make up, only an animals fat can be used which has undergone halal slaughter in order for it to be certified halal, but products like toothpaste for example have no prayer, just checks that non natural chemicals like alcohol have been added.

Hence why for example, a sikh in Pakistan could consume the veg which is deemed halal however not the halal meat, as it has undergone Dhabiha.

For a sikh, his/her hands used to grow/rear, harvest/hunt/jhatka, then cook an eat by their own hands is the best method if possible. In today's modern world it's hard to do this though as many of us live busy lives.

One reason for these non-meat products labeled as halal is that so these consumer hungry companies can export products to Middle Eastern and South east Asian countries.

They have many products ranging from toiletries to baked beans....these damned lists are growing by the second.

So, many of us are probably not worried or bothered because we are thinking that it is all about companies making a fast buck and expanding their markets....

Well if you think it doesn't matter then you could well be wrong ??

Because the other issue here is WHO is endorsing this halal status ?.............

............It's these so called non-profit organizations like MCG-muslim consumer group,...IFANCA and in Canada they have Islamic food and Nutrition Council of Canada (IFANCC),...Halal certifcation agency HCA....Halal Council of Europe,,,, and there's probably as many more for as many sub-groups and islamic divisions they have !!

From what I know and have learned is that these very organizations obviously get funded by the companies...because if someone at some company says .....

....''what do we have to do to get our products to middle east and for the growing muslim populations to purchase in freedom ??''

answer will be ''Get the islamic stamp approvals which will cost XXX and then we will have no worries and newer bigger market !!!..''

but these certification approvals claim that the funds are for muslim charities or whatever to get these exemptions ....

They claim it's all part of the Islamic ZAKAT ......BUT the deep fact of the matter is they fund the terrorist organizations of course or build another few mosques here and there........

So all of us should be careful in what brands or stores we purchase from...

We are all making ourselves responsible for the next attack in our cities and countries.

There have been many groups that have tried to speak out about this and nearly all have them have been threatened by the organizations to shut up.

Have a look at just the many groups around different cities in the world under the ''BOYCOTT HALAL'' banner

see http://www.boycotthalal.com/

and since the aussies have started shouting...the message seems to be spreading see http://www.halalchoices.com.au/take_action.html and you will see more than kelloggs on there !!

What should we do ?

Instead of using the billions of sangat money from golacks...to building new gurdwaras,...making luxurious kitchens and langar halls... funding gyanis and expensive gurdwara vehicles....we could be investing into our own growing of organic fruits, veg and produce ..couldn't we ?.

What should we do ?

Instead of using the billions of sangat money from golacks...to building new gurdwaras,...making luxurious kitchens and langar halls... funding gyanis and expensive gurdwara vehicles....we could be investing into our own growing of organic fruits, veg and produce ..couldn't we ?.

Oh the ideological dream, maybe one day, there are a few out there that manage to out the money back onto the community but on the whole i think we're a long way off, we can't even agree to sit in the same Gurdwara at the moment never mind anything else. This whole thing reminded me of a news story where i live late last year, a local KFC (yeah, i know, it's a chicken place but just bear with me) stopped handing out hand wipes, the reason, because they contained surgical alcohol and it may offend their Muslim clients as it's haram, here the kicker, the majority of the customer's at that takeaway were non-muslim and those that did go their really didn't care either way, like i've already said, political correctness gone mad.

WJKK WJKF

Their is no gain in boycotting the non meat halal market, however everyone should have the right to know what slaughter method was used when purchasing meat as a consumer.

Many Sikhs would argue halal does not concern sikhi as "we should be vegetarian and not eat meat anyway". This is were it falls apart and their is no unified opinion.

The boycott should simply be based on the consumer's rights on knowing if the meat is halal, as if it was based on anything else, it would just fall into the islamaphobic trend and be thrown out. By using business law, we may be able to get meat labeled so that the consumer can make the choice of buying halal meat.

WJKK WJKF

Their is no gain in boycotting the non meat halal market, however everyone should have the right to know what slaughter method was used when purchasing meat as a consumer.

Many Sikhs would argue halal does not concern sikhi as "we should be vegetarian and not eat meat anyway". This is were it falls apart and their is no unified opinion.

The boycott should simply be based on the consumer's rights on knowing if the meat is halal, as if it was based on anything else, it would just fall into the islamaphobic trend and be thrown out. By using business law, we may be able to get meat labeled so that the consumer can make the choice of buying halal meat.

I'm not quite sure why you feel their is no point boycotting the non-meat products or I'm misunderstanding something ??

Should we really be paying a tax on these simple products that contributes to islamic ZAKAT.........which we can guess where the money finally ends up ??

To be honest, it's not the meat argument that concerns most us as you have said.....but many of us are unknowingly getting fooled into paying for these halal endorsements...

I know that they start shouting ''islamaphobia'' when someone makes a stand, but really why do they trick us 'INFIDELS and impure harams' into paying their halal endorsements.. In effect, they are using money from <banned word filter activated> kaffirs (as they label us non-islams) for their zakats !!

Some people have even labeled this as a 'Stealth Jihad'...where it is a hidden form of jihad that they are winning via agriculture, products and consumer markets.

in the future, we may end up having to deal with all legal applications under parliaments secretly run by sharia law.........what the hell ?

I'm not quite sure why you feel their is no point boycotting the non-meat products or I'm misunderstanding something ??

Should we really be paying a tax on these simple products that contributes to islamic ZAKAT.........which we can guess where the money finally ends up ??

To be honest, it's not the meat argument that concerns most us as you have said.....but many of us are unknowingly getting fooled into paying for these halal endorsements...

I know that they start shouting ''islamaphobia'' when someone makes a stand, but really why do they trick us 'INFIDELS and impure harams' into paying their halal endorsements.. In effect, they are using money from <banned word filter activated> kaffirs (as they label us non-islams) for their zakats !!

Some people have even labeled this as a 'Stealth Jihad'...where it is a hidden form of jihad that they are winning via agriculture, products and consumer markets.

in the future, we may end up having to deal with all legal applications under parliaments secretly run by sharia law.........what the hell ?

whoa ..OK we should only eat food made by a gursikh/nitnemi hand that's why I never buy foods such as paneer made by Muslim because their idealolgy is totally opposite of Guru ji's I know some may say that's islamophobic it is not , just following common sense we SHOULD reject such foodstuffs as they will affect us whether we like or not.

WJKK WJKF

Veer ji, I totally understand all the above points you have made however I don't think that me buying a loaf of kingsmill bread will contribute to terrorism. The halal sign on food items like vermicelli uncooked noodles probably serves the purpose in most cases, of notifying the Muslim that it is permissible within their maryada. I see nothing wrong with that.

On meat it is a different issue, as my point is their is no halal sign even when it is halal and the consumer should know.

Yes, there is a huge problem with Islamic ideology

fueling terrorists once again like Aurangzeb, however this fight will take place inevitably in combat on the battlefield in all our countries. Terrorism will always be sponsored, the governments of the world only disclosing info on what they want you to know and nothing else hugely affects this debate on terrorism. However, I will treat people including Muslims as I would with anyone, on a individual level. If someone wishes to try and convert me, I will follow in the footsteps of my sikh brethren.

If you were living in Delhi, would you boycott the halal sign there veer ji? Would you buy veg from a Muslim?

whoa ..OK we should only eat food made by a gursikh/nitnemi hand that's why I never buy foods such as paneer made by Muslim because their idealolgy is totally opposite of Guru ji's I know some may say that's islamophobic it is not , just following common sense we SHOULD reject such foodstuffs as they will affect us whether we like or not.

WJKK WJKF

Bhen ji, I disagree with your post in the sense that IMO it's kinda like alil superstitious in a sense. Accepting food made or from the hand of a Muslims is not kurehat, it is simply a deed done living within akal purakh wahegurus world. To eat only from a gursikhs hand shows no equality. The langur concept demonstrates equality in food and people. Would you not eat food from a Hindu, Christian or a Jew too, Or just a Muslim? As all these religious ideologies are very different to our own?